Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maggie - hope you, Laverne and Shirley enjoyed the outing to the store...it is funny how much that simple activity does brighten the day, isn't it? We have to celebrate our little joys where we find them!!
 
Well the Girls are 4 weeks old today.....time is flying. @TexasTee Teresa shopping, all 45minutes of it, was good but like any activity it is exhausting. Came home to mug of tea and a fresh hot cross bun served with iced knees and a lovely catch up chat with my friend

3hours of rehab this afternoon.... I'll take something out of the freezer for dinner cause I know I will be tired:tiredwheel:......this is me on the rehab treadmill...LOL

Hope all have a great day, Maggie x
 
4 week birthday pic of Laverne and Shirley
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Happy Birthday Laverne and Shirley...I had it on my calendar tomorrow to wish the three of you Happy Birthday....keep forgetting that today is tomorrow in Sydney ...have a piece of cake for me.:wave:

Vinny
 
looking good Maggie!! 3 HOURS at Rehab? My goodness, what on earth do you do for so long? My PT is only an hour and that's plenty
 
Cheers to you Maggie, love the attitude!
 
I am excitement...3 hours of rehab today - @TexasTee Teresa these were an hour of physical therapy, hydro therapy (45 mins) and an hour of physio therapy....the Girls were fantastic - their birthday present to me was new ROM measurements... Shirley is at 112/0 and Laverne is at 115/0. You read it here first - Laverne has picked up and pipped her twin:yes!:

I have asked for an additional physio session as I want to target gait (all you kneesies will know that we walk funny cause we have had bad knees for years - I want this corrected) flexibility and stretches, How accommodating is my Rehab hospital - tick tick sure come in at 11 am and stay across lunchtime on Friday and we will give you a physio session AND lunch...love it means I can do the tea, toast and vegamite fallback girlie dinner on Fridays:happydance:

tomorrow is a "rest" day - helping an elderly neighbor sell some stocks she has - paperwork, scanning and emailing it all off for her; then being picked up to visit my general Dr to pick up scripts for more pain drugs, to the pharmacy and home....busy busy busy:wink: Of course I will fit some Laverne and Shirley time in there as well.

Hope all have had a good day (6.30 pm here) cheers Maggie x
 
great report Maggie.....you really do not need much more than 120 to do just about anything I'm told and it varies from day to day....I have gotten near 130 on the left and 127 on the right when I am loose and really crank them with a jump rope around the ankle and back up over the shoulder and slowly cranking but most cases I am around 120 without pushing them...you will know where they are when descending stairs becomes easy..that has been my guideline....isn't it great to start feeling normal ...probably much better than you thought it would be a month ago..:yay:.


Vinny
 
Fantastic work girls, keep it up! I like them competing to be the best, rather than the worst! Smart to target your gait early on - best to get back into a lifelong habit of walking correctly now rather than reestablish bad habits with new knees.
 
Hi @Maggie94

Well done on such a great recovery. Your rom is fabulous and those scars are soooo neat and tidy. Good luck with the rest f your recovery x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi @Maggie94 How are you going today? I managed L 112º and R 102º this morning. Very happy on the progress, right cranky knee is still giving me much more grief then role model left! but we are getting there.
Sky has gone really dark and we have some thunder rolling around some may get some rain or storm throug tonight.
Did you find the magnesium helpful with cramps? I have also been doing a stretch using a belt around foot and pulling foot towards body, that is helping some, along with resting calf muscle on heat pack.
Keep listening to your body and knees, hope your day wasn't too busy that you still had time to rest and ice.
Happy healing
Diane
 
@Sudibar Hi Diane - in bed watching catchup TV on the series Winter on channel 7:yes: relaxed and pain free - can't ask for more:roseshwr:

Very tired today but feel OK now - trip to Dr to pick up disability parking paperwork and scripts, visit to pharmacist to fill same and home - hours' nap at lunchtime. Looked after grandsons (7 & 5) for an hour this evening and the other grandparents came to visit as well.... thank god it was just over an hour - I was exhausted.

Not much exercise today - up and down stairs about 4 times - I changed and washed the bed linen - WOW is that an excitement (not).

I think I OD'd on the magnesium last night - the powder that is mixed with water - ended up with several visits to the loo and feeling queasy for most of the day. Maternal grandfather is a Dr so I asked him about magnesium and he bought me the stuff that he recommends to his patients - see how it goes... watch this space:wink:. Will start doing the calf stretches again - I hook the end of my walking stick under my foot and pull back on this - love necessity being the mother of invention:happydance:

Hope your day was a bit more exciting - black sky here too... would love a proper summer storm. take care Maggie x
 
@Maggie94 , Thank you SO MUCH! Your girls are sure lookin' pretty for only being 4 weeks! I posted on my thread about yoga, have you heard or seen anything about that on here with anyone? And did you actually post that you were PAIN FREE at your tender dates in recovery! I wanna be JUST LIKE YOU when I grow up!!!

Hugs,
Debbie
 
Hugs on the exhaustion--grandchildren will do it.

I keep thinking about you when I go up and down stairs. I bet you don't rock as much as I do. LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom