Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks all for your well wishes:)
Home. Exhausted after visits to the pharmacy and grocery store. Both absolutely necessary. I'm now reclined in Betty with Bill and Ben the DuroKold men doing their thing on Laverne and Shirley. So nice to be back on your own home, jazz playing, cold ginger beer at my elbow:roseshwr: Still have to unpack 50% of the stuff I've had with me this last 3.5 weeks.... but hey there is always tomorrow so why hurry:flwrysmile:

@kaw205 Karen the trip home as only short - every thing (rehab and shops) are within a mile of my house so no big deal with the car. I was able to get into the passenger seat - which was fully pushed back - so all good. I remember travelling like you did years ago when I dislocated my knee cross country ski-ing.

@Drachenschwanz Rick the day here is lovely and warm - mid to high 80s with summer storm cloud cover - just perfect.

Hope you are all well out there is Smartie land - cheers, Maggie x
 
Glad you are home and its good to have your own tunes problem I have with jazz is cant help but boogie or sing, well make noise. Hqve a grand weekend lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Welcome home Maggie....have a wonderful relaxing weekend with your friends . You have earned it for sure....Best regards to Betty,Bill and Ben the Dura-Kold men and of course Laverne and Shirley...:flwrysmile:

Vinny
 
Welcome home!! It must be great to be there and even though you won't have the fancy cakes anymore, you do have ginger beer!! Enjoy your home recovery and look forward to hearing more about Laverne and Shirley in their forever home :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just back from my morning walk....about half a mile. On the lounge icing with a cup of yea☺
@Threads I will be going back to my rehab hospital 3 times a week for hydro, physio and cardio therapies....all up 7 hours a week for these. I'm booked on this program until 22 March when it will be reviewed. Very happy with the 3 hydro sessions a week....I can do the physio myself by walking, doing stairs and using my recumbant cycle.
Life is good and getting better each day. Happy vibes to all in BS land, Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Nice one lass and as to chipping and putting im used to sandcastles and seeing wildlife in the undergrowth whilst searching for mole. I call my golf moles mole hopimg they will find the hole. Trust me to get the ony sumbathing mole ever.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Morning all. Today is the first day of outpatient therapy... really looking forward to the hydro (think synchronized swimmer extraordinaire meets wallowing hippo) but a bit uncertain about the physical therapy (no physio).... its about overall fitness and mobility. Mmmmm will see how that goes as I think I would rather do this at my gym.

Yesterday I worked out my home exercise program - walk around the block (about half a mile and takes about 25 minutes) then down the 14 stairs to my recumbent cycle for 10 mins ride (will slowly build this up) then back up the 14 stairs to rest elevate and ice.... I figure that doing this at least x2 but prefer x3 per day will do it. Monday Wednesday and Friday I have hydro and PT so may only do x2 on these days.

Is anyone else plagued with leg cramps... I am taking magnesium but is is a different brand to the one I was taking in hospital .... does not seem to be as good so will get the "hospital" brand ones if I can. Spent the early morning with a hot water bottle under my knees (for cramps) and ice pacs over the top (for swelling). Hottie worked:yes!:

What is everyone else up to this week? - cheers Maggie x
 
Wish my golf game matched the perfect weather today. 74 sunny blue sky. It could be worse. I could have my old knees

Vinny
 
@Maggie94 sounds like you have a plan. I too have been getting calf cramps but only on cranky right knee. Found some stretching exercises that helped some, also found heat pack helps. I have upped magnesium to 2 a day to see if works.
Have a good one
Diane
 
I don't have cramps but I do have muscle twitches that are downright violent if I'm not taking my magnesium - I use Doctors Best brand chelated mag- and it works great - just in case you can't find the one you were taking at the hospital.

RE the rehab program - that sounds great but I'd think 2x a day would be sufficient - as everyone keeps having to remind me, more is not necessarily better!!
 
Sunday: walk, bike, heel slides x2
I think twice a day is plenty!
Are your knees still warm to the touch?
 
hi Vinny it is for muscle cramps - don't know how it works just that it does
 
home from rehab out patients... wow 2 hours back to back - one exercises (bike, stairs, sorta squats and some stretches) then hydro... needless to say I am on my bed icing and resting... will have a nanny nap after checking emails:sleeep:

Ok girls - advice taken - exercises x2 per day only... thanks for the reminder that less is more:yes:

check in later - cheers Maggie x
 
Well that was a nanny nap on steroids......3 hours....feel better though. Think I will take a stroll around the block.
 
Be careful it often feel like those shackles are coming off and zoooooom off we go. But you are still healing. Dont want to rain on your parade just old worry pot me

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom