Guest viewing is limited

TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife I am great, In a cleaning mode cleaning my desk and dusting and throwing out junk lol How was your night under the rain!!!! Sounds so peaceful
 
@madinana Rain stopped but we laid in bed and watched 3rd Rock From the Sun. Hubby tossed and turned a lot. His hip was bothering him. Don't overdo the cleaning, remember you still need to ice and elevate!
 
Of course you're stiff. You're trying to do a lot of activities and you're very early out. remember that the knee is the boss.
 
@tiredwife am glad it eased up a bit my calf feels like a tight rubber band I could go for a calf massage Dinner is over will clean up kitchen tomorrow I have a headache am taking meds and going to bed early Have a nice evening and tell him ambien tonight and get a good night sleep will catch you tomorrow good night
 
@madinana Thank you! He even had enough energy to change a sensor on his truck and clean it's carborator. He is thrilled! He really is bored, now that PT is done he doesn't even have that to go too. Oh well, it will start up again soon enough.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tirewife and @madiana,

Sounds like y'all are doing great! I sure wish Ambien worked for me! My OS gave me some when I left the hospital because all the pain meds act like speed to my body. He said if one didn't work, to take another in three hours, so I did! Quests what ? I was up all night!

I can only say that the only thing that has given me a good night's sleep in the last eight weeks is a 9 to 10 hour day put in at the office! How sad is that ?! Left work today, went to PT at 4pm. Stopped by store with hubby, was able to make it down 2 isles, am now home, icing my stubborn knee and praying that I'll get some sleep tonight as I fell asleep this am at 4:30 and got up at 6:45. The good Lord knows that I need it badly,
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
I can not believe Wednesday it will be three weeks. I keep saying that to myself I have problem with muscle spasms which i got to put call in to doctor about that (put sticky note on computer screen lol) The back of my thigh hurts from exercises at pt trying to self massage guess it is time for tyneol. Also time to go back on laxative I wonder how long for that, just know quit to soon on that one. I wonder if when get other one done will it be the same or completely different I guess time will tell Time to take meds I have noticed that have not had to take pain meds in the middle of the night, so its getting better, have to remind myself that
 
@madinana Yes call for something for the spasms. Try the heating pad! Small baby steps, you'll get there. I think I'm about ready to go to bed, so Good Night! Get some sleep!
 
@tiredwife and @madinana

First, Tiredwife, yes, I have tried up to 3 Benedryls..N o t h I n g!! Can you believe it?. Me neither.
Oh well, I've been working some pretty long hours so I know I'll get some sleep tomorrow! I'm going to another office, hubby driving, 108 miles round trip. Yep! That ought to do it!

Madinana , I am sorry to hear thT you're muscles are giving you a fit. I have had more nerve pain, stabbing bolt like strange feelings!
I think you are doing great at 3 weeks! You sound at peace and are taking things in stride. Definitely, do not stop taking laxatives for quite some time yet! That is one thing I learned the hard way .
Not having to take pain meds at night is awesome! Have a good nights sleep, and hopefully a pain free one!
Prayers!
 
@madinana Good Morning! Still have a touch of a headache so don't want to stare at the screen for long. Hope the flexeril works for you. The one time I had it I slept for 18 hours straight. It helped hubby's muscle spasms.

@Quasi Hope you find something that works.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom