TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @madinana your knee looks Great!!! Well maybe not that great right now but it will.
I was just checking in & it looks like everything has been said. Great advice as usual.
Hope you feel better soon & heal fast.
 
Hi Madinana, I hope your recovery is quick and as pain-free as possible. In the weeks leading up to my TKR, I was reading about getting ready and your posts were so very helpful to me in aiding my ability to understand what I needed to do to get ready for the surgery and the recovery thereafter.
 
Sorry madinana. I excaped Thursday around 5:30. I seen that you eating when I left so I didn't bother you. I'm sitting on my front porch stretching the puppies, they had gotten really tight I lost all my ROM, but I'm gaining it back little at a time. After the first night I started to take pain killers every 4 hrs. Even if I didn't need them at that time. It is so easy to slip past that comfort zone and hell to get back. So even that I'm home I set a alarm every 4 hrs. So I don't lose it. Keep doing your stretches keep your knee from tighten up. I hope you the best. Keep your head up we will make it thru this.
 
@mark2667 great update, and good advice about the 4 hour alarm for pain medication, this time next week, I will be one day post-op.:chillpill:
 
@madinana
Thinking of you! I hear you on that 12 on the richtor scale. Pain has a whole new meaning, doesn't it? It sounds like it is managed better. Is it?
I so remember those first 3 days.......a little too well. But it does get better. Be very gentle and kind to yourself these days, you have been through a very invasive surgery and your body knows it and your knee will be angry for awhile.
You always have us and we are here for you. Take very good care.

~hopefaith
 
@tiredwife my dr was just sending me home with norvil and I said :no-fin::bignono: After the 12 hours of pain at 10 and above was not happening. He. Gave me a script for tordal i am not sure how to spell it.I was surprised it tired me out to come home. I laid down ice for knee and elevation and I slept sound for an hour. I feel good and pain well tightness at a one. I am sitting out on the porch and enjoying beautiful weather and have to figure out pain chart.. The pa said if I had jeans on you would not have known I had knee surgery. I feel blessed for sure I have to take another nap as they are having wine festival at the race track. Anyway they have fireworks so we have a campfire and enjoy our own personal fireworks display :wow: Pretty :wow: :yahoo:
 
Toradol worked pretty well for me but I only stayed on it a week out of hospital because the side effects are pretty severe. I then switched to Demerol.
 
@madinana glad the pain is eased off! Was worried about you! Enjoy the fire and fireworks but elevate and ice while doing it. My grandson fell asleep so I got my computer back for a little while.
 
Hi @madinana, hope you will be going home today and can relax and get comfortanle. Hope you have some pain medication that works for you a you have to get through the weekend. Has PT been set up at home to start Monday? Hope you heal well soon. Knee is looking good. You will be okay. Looks a bit swollen, but ice rest and elevate and you will be on the road to recovery. You will be okay. Take care of yourself. Wow the 9th came before we knew it. :loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana
Popping in to check on you? Are you going home today? Home will feel nice.
Lots of ice and lots of pillows! (:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom