TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @madinana, yes, keep taking your pain meds even if you don't feel any pain. You need to keep on top of it. Now you did one (small I hope) load of laundry. @tiredwife will let you slide by since you needed clean sweats, but no more laundry.......REST, ICE and ELEVATE!!!!!! Hope you continue to be pain free. Anne
 
Well pretty tired today. My niece drop by with potatoe soup and pumpkin muffins. I tried to get a nap but got cold to the bone. a lady stopped from church. I have continued with. Pain meds and elevated all day but my leg is huge so off to elevate. So am off to do it
 
@madinana Have a busy day tomorrow, so I may not be on here much tomorrow. So......don't do much but elevate.
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
Laurie @madinana

Ice :ice: Elevate :good-bad: & rest :chillpill:

Cathie

@madinana What Cathie said!!! Ice Ice Elevate Elevate!! I iced so much I could barely get my ice packs cold again!! Had to get a couple more, a bag of ice, and I even used Kim's blue ice lunch sack ice packs!! It saved me, I know!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Well with all the bragging I did I am eating my words. I have been sleeping well just woke up once to go to ladies room. This morning was a little stiff and then my hubby helped me get in shower . It felt good for about two minutes and know am in pain, Every time I lay back down have to go to bathroom So not feeling so well today I feel so guilty I have not been on any thread to see how the other two of the triplets are doing. Also emotions are off the hook. I ask something of my husband sigh then I say I will do my self so it has been interesting to say the least, Well I am off to ice and elevate Hope to check in later
 
@madinana You have to take care of yourself first! You can catch up on us later.

For ice packs, I like to fill mine with rubbing alcohol and water. It freezes, but not solid. You can mold it to the shape you need. And once they are made you just re freeze and reuse. No mess! I had to play with it a little to get the consistency I wanted, but I think it was about one part alcohol to two parts water.

Take care, and I hope you feel better!

Connie
 
@madinana Hi girl, sorry you are ouchie today! I think you need to elevate more and move around less, you just have terrible luck with elephant legs. We need to tame that elephant leg
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
.
We had to go take the title to the Blazer to the dealer this morning, didn't have it with us yesterday when we traded for the Titan.
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@tiredwife just had visiting nurse here I did not realize they send a nurse too. I was more concern about physical therapy. She said they will come twice a week. She thought I was getting around with walker very good and said you have good flexion as was sitting in recliner and my leg was down. She measured my thigh and calf and of course had to tell my weight. Then she said I am anxious, need to relax and elevate and ICE ICE which I had not iced yet as had no pain so I thought ice was for the pain She told me it will take the swelling down too I should leave known better I guess I better read the bonesmart articles again
 
@tiredwife
@madinana
She needs a nice young stud, to calm her down :happydance:@patient 99 did request hot chocolate
Last night, until she found out she could order a hunk. ( she wants what everyone else wants ):heehee:
@gr82cu2 has put in her order :ok:so, Could you please send a hunky male nurse to help@madinana
Out? He could rub her neck & shoulders, fluff her pillows, rub her back,
Thank You :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@madinana For the second knee hubby had a home nurse come a few times. Just took vitals and checked his incision. Yes you need to relax! Elevate, you know the drill!
 
@madinana Yes!!! Ice even if it doesn't hurt. It gets the swelling down which will help with your ROM and also keep the pain from returning full force. That's a good report but Ice Ice baby!!!
 
@tiredwife I saw both of those hunks got excited and wanted to
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and then I thought my
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
leg would not like this so I looked in to my
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and it told me I would be
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
so decided to get on my
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
as I needed to :roseshwr::hi::eyebrows::wowspring::welome::curtsey::cool:be good and go steal my
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and my Juan
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
:yes!: and go find the
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and go and get my
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and find some
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
:loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::loll::snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom