TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@54andfighting It's great you are feeling this 2nd TKR easier than the first. That really makes me feel better about facing it again because honestly I'm dreading it as I'm sure the others are too. I better see if I can find your thread so I can follow you along as you progress.

@marmora Wouldn't you be surprised if we all showed up? LOL!! I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight but I know it will somehow involve the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday but wasn't hungry enough to eat. I can't go into Sam's club without buying one of the rotisserie chickens. For a little less than $5 you get a huge chicken and they are wonderfully tasty and tender. Usually we have the chicken with rice and a vegetable. Then I pick the rest of it off the bones and freeze for later use in casseroles or soup. You can't beat it for the price.

@tiredwife I don't know about cruises to Ireland but I bet you could get close enough to take a train the rest of the way there. We found train travel in Europe to be fun, easy and cheap!
 
@tiredwife The ones at Sam's are the same with the traditional seasoning only they are quite a bit bigger. I'm game for a cruise anytime :) I love to cruise. The transatlantic we took this spring to Europe was wonderful. We're thinking maybe in fall 2015 or spring 2016 we'll try and go back over. I want to be sure my knees are back as good as they can be before I attempt it again. Good thing I had these TKR's in the works because that trip was the final death knoll for my old knees, LOL. Loved every minute of it though and wouldn't trade that experience for anything.
 
@gr82cu2 I have never been on a cruise. Only boat I have ever been on was a ski boat we had once. At least you had some good memories, even if it did hurt the knees! Have to finish paying off the camper first. Maybe I will win the lottery! Actually bought a ticket.
 
@tiredwife Haha! A transatlantic might not be the best for your first cruise. Better to take a shorter one to be sure you like it. We had an entire week at sea before we saw land after leaving Fort Lauderdale. I was a little worried it might get boring but it was not. We really enjoyed it, a lot.
 
@gr82cu2 we love cruising but have only been o the Caribbean and Alaska. We want to do a transatlantic some time as we love sea days but it will probably wait for retirement. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
 
@gr82cu2 and @Minnie's knees (and @madinana if she ever comes out of hiding
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
) I would love to take a cruise to Alaska once we move to Oregon. I also want to take one of those boats out to pet a whale, don't know why but I have always wanted to pet a whale.
 
@marmora Have to pay off my camper first. Won't have any money until then. Janet said I need to do a short cruise first to make sure I like it. Would be bad to get out in the middle of the ocean and have a panic attack!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@Minnie's knees We've done quite few around the Caribbean. I would do Alaska but Kent, for some reason, isn't into it despite being told many, many times how beautiful it is to do a cruise there. This spring was our 1st transatlantic. I had never been to Europe before. Kent had been before we were married. By comparison transatlantic cruises are pretty darn cheap. We love sea days too but I wasn't sure with 7 full days in a row and also crossing the atlantic the weather wasn't exactly like floating around in the Caribbean sunshine :) Still, I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. It was our big retirement trip. You do need to be able to have some time to do it. Ours was 15 nights and then we bummed around Europe for a couple weeks and then did a Mediterranean cruise before coming home. Trip of a lifetime! I want to get back to Italy sooooo bad I can't stand it.

@madinana We're taking over your thread!!! :rofsign:
 
@gr82cu2 @tiredwife @Minnie's knees all is welcome on the thread. I never have been on a cruise but hubby and I want to take an Alaskian cruise and saw Jackie said you can pet the whales I want to I want to pet the whales I am in we can invade @marmora as I heard Ireland is beautiful or we all could take a bone smart cruise with all bone smarties now that would be cool. I got a call today my doctor lost my e k g so have to go to hospital tomorrow and get done. Today I did not work in my to do room. I went and got manicure and pedicure. The best part was getting my calf and feet massage. I am tired of being tired last night I woke up at 1am and was up the rest of the night yuck. Makes me want to take a pain pill so can get some sleep but won't keeping my stash for when I need it. I am beginning to think because I am anxious again its affecting my sleep @tiredwife love your post checking out the map and such got a good laugh
 
@54and fighting I don't think I could handle a third leg :heehee: I have to find your thread and follow it. So glad you are having a good recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom