TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing so so I am dealing with a lot of pain the doctor gave me extra oxidecodiene but not helping I just got a shot of tramadol it is like a 12 so taking it easy this evening I am pretty tired as had a lot of company.i sent my hubby home as need some rest. Also my tummy is churning ya can guess what is coming I am gonna wash up and get in my night gown maybe that will make me feel better. I think mark went home at 5 sorry can't be on much as this hospital internet is down more than working. The surprising thing I am eating not much but some hopefully going home but am concern about pain control as they are sending me home with norelco I think that is what they call it well have to go to ladies room will be back on if this internet will let me
 
@madinana it must be about 7 pm in NY and from what you say a very long day and the level of pain must also be adding to your tiredness. Hope that you get some relief from the pain and are able to get a good nights' sleep.
 
Sorry you are off to a rough start. Glad everyone left and maybe you can rest now. I didn't feel up to seeing more than a few visitors for several weeks. I just wanted to hibernate, rest and ice as much as possible. Please take care and I hope your pain meds are sorted out soon. It does improve a little every day. (((Hugs)))
 
@madinana Sorry you are having such problems. Norco? Make sure they give you one before you leave to make sure it works. Didn't work on hubby, they put him on Percocet. If it is leg cramps you are having have them give you a flexeril if you can have it. If your stomach is upset let them know and they can give you some medicine for it. I would let them know you don't want to leave until they get the pain under control. Get better soon!
 
Norco doesn't work for me either, so follow @tiredwife 's advice and make sure it works before you leave. I left the hospital with a what seemed a million prescriptions because of my doctor's pain control protocol. It included 2 types of pain control- a slow release and a short term, flexeril and Valium for muscle relaxation, meloxicam for inflammation and an anti nausea medicine just in case. Also was told to get senna-s (stool softener) and aspirin for blood thinning. Your doctor may have a different protocol, but look for these types of meds because they all work to keep you as comfortable as possible.
 
Madinana I sure hope the pain is getting better. Make sure they get it under control so you can get on with the healing process.ice ice ice. Elevate and rest. Good luck. We are all here for you.
 
@madinana Goooooood Moooorning! Hope today brings a lot less pain! Wish I could come see you! Hubby has PT at noon, and I have the grandson at 5:30 pm to 11:30 pm so sometime between 2 and 5 our time I will be checking back in.
 
Well I am going home. Yesterday was rough s struggle with pain. At nidnight I asked my nurse to look at my leg.my org was so swelled and still is. I have good appetite for breakfast then rest of day not so much.finally go to sleep at 1sh for them to walk me up for meds so have gotten little sleepAs you can see its three time it size at moment no,yep no peon
 
@madinana hope you start feeling better, make sure you really elevate and ice that leg to get the swelling down.
Take care of yourself!
 
Here is my swelled up knee can not get soon home soon enough so can ic and elevate
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 207
@madinana you need to post a photo of your knee on badges of honor. It looks swollen and pretty bruised on the side, it will bruise more as the days go by. I think the blood thinner has something to do with it. Ted Hose? Be watchful for blood clots. When you get home try not to do much, just elevate and ice. Did they get the pain meds straightened out?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom