Guest viewing is limited

TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope all is well. Be sure to let the nurses know what you need! You have an entire team here sending positive thoughts your way!
 
@madinana Okay girl, been checking in all day to read your drug induced jibberish, but nothing so far. :type: Thankful to Mark for letting us know you made it to your room:sneaker:. Hope you are doing great and I will check back in the morning to see if you've posted! Hugs 'til then.:friends:
 
Well did a long post last night and internet wouldn't work, but that because in my foggy state I guess I was not listening I arrive. At the hospital at 9am about eleven they did some bloodwork they had problems. With putting I've in, got soaked. At noon took me to preop and talk to the doctor and a d anthiests (sp) I went in the operating room and of course the I'v would not work, so the antheist poke me five times and then put numbing on and did deep poke and that is the last thing I remember. I woke up with some pain for sure.they took care of that and had cpm machine, got to private room about 4pm. I never saw physical therapist until this morning and have done first walk. During the night I had-portable john they got me on there when was done I rang the call button and after 45 minutes got myself back in bed don't ask me how but I did it. Had no pain since recovery until about 5 am and it was off the rictor scale like a 12 so finally getting pain pill.so other than that, I never got cold water so finally asked for fresher water and never got a cup of coffee that asked for ah breakfast is here am hungry even though I hurt'
 
@tiredwife I did it but they are not icing or elevating pain about 6 I am thankful to the good Lord as doing good and art breakfast so I Cajun go home tomorrow :sneaker:Saw mark when just came in to my room have not seen him since
 
It's so good to hear from you! Doesn't sound like you're getting the attention you should be getting, though.
 
So glad you are on the recovery side but sad things are not being taken care of very well. Looking forward to more posts as you feel better. Vent on us and maybe it will help. Prayers!
 
@madinana Did you not introduce them to the nurse bait! I know what the problem is - Mark has them all chasing after him. :rotfl: If the pain meds aren't working have them try something else. I stayed with hubby the first night in the hospital so I could shanghi a nurse, but his nurses were really good. With my hubby they had the ice machine on him, but didn't elevate until I asked for pillows and did it myself. He was in the hospital from Wed to Saturday. Hang in there, it will only get better, but remember 2 steps forward 1 step back is the nature of the beast.
 
When I was in, there were alarms on the bed and the chair because we weren't supposed to get up unaided even if we were able. They were so sensitive that sometimes when I shifted to get more comfortable, I would set them off and at least 3 people would come running. I was never left alone when I was out of bed (they waited outside the bathroom for me). Somewhere, they must have had one of those signs, "no falls in ___ days."

I hope they've gotten you some ice and elevating pillows or wedge by now, if not, please ask! You will be so much more comfortable. Anytime my pain started moving above a 3, I would ask for meds just in case it took them awhile to get them and the only time I turned them down was when they told me that it would interfere with when I got to go home.

I pray that they are taking better care of you now and that your pain management is better!
 
@madinana I'm trying and experiment on weed killing. Mixing vinegar, epsom salt, and blue Dawn dishsoap and spraying them. I heard it really works, I will let you know if it does.

Are they treating you any better, if not ask to talk to the floor head nurse.
 
@madinana Really hope that your hospital post recovery is improving during today. From your recent post,I am correct that you are going home tomorrow ? Back at home you will be able to ice 24/7 if needed & elevate your leg. Take care,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom