TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc Hi! Hubby is doing good. Sore from PT yesterday. He still isn't getting a whole lot of sleep, I think it is habit now not really pain waking him up. All I am doing today is laundry, put it off too long and have 4 loads to do! Hubby is just going out to mow (riding mower, no big deal). Suppose to have more rain today. Hope you have a great day!
 
@madinana Wake up sleepy head! :)
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
Marianna my LTKR is Oct 8. When is yours? I was following you quite a while before your first TKR. I could really relate to your apprehension and learned a lot from you as you recovered. It's wonderful you are off making memories.
 
@Island Girl my rtkr is just around the corner on October 20 and glad could be helpful in some way @tiredwife and @gr82cu2 as usual I did too much, and my knee, calf and elephant leg wanted to let me know who is in control. This has been a rough day, did not take pain meds yet I am elevating and sent daughter for a frozen bag of peas to ice with. I am :hissy: and need to remember really that am early in recovery. :groan::tantrum2:
 
So sorry Laurie! The peas will feel nice. Take some pain meds if you have them with you. It will help so you can enjoy your time with your family. (((hugs)))
 
I've really enjoyed my homemade ice packs. I'm actually using the one I got at the hospital and also one of the old fashioned bags with a screw on cap that I bought at the drug store. But you mix three parts water to one part rubbing alcohol to fill it instead of ice. It gets thick and slushy but will not completely freeze. It stays moldable and works very well. I used peas until I had them thawed and refrozen so many times they started smelling like they were cooking!
 
Hi @madinana, how are you feeling and doing? Is the calf any better? Hope you have a good day. I know I should be in sleep land, but such a nagging headache and I had a long nap today so on the computer checking on folks. @tiredwife, glad hubby is doing well. You know after a while you kind of get used to those naps. I was afraid when I went back to work that I would not be able to do without them. Hope you both have a good day and @tiredwife don't do too much laundry. Take care of yourselves. @madinana, I have one cat whose tail is short by about 2 inches due to her nosiness. When you think of he r(my female cat), and you think of your surgery you can say what did the cat say when her tail got chopped off? It won't be long now. Just a little real early in the morning humor. Will be thinking of you October 8th as it is right around the corner. Will be here so quickly. Oh no I see the date has been pushed back. Not funny. It's okay as you almost have my date one year ago. Dates come and go so quickly. I know of the disappointment you feel, but it is still right around the corner. Chin up. You will have more time to ready yourself. You can start those exercises now to get ready. Will be praying for no more date changes. Have a great day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@madinana Sorry the "critters" are bothering you this week. They are probably just jealous of all the quality time you are having with your family..lol..hopefully the icing helped. Hugs and kisses from your grandkids are great medicine too. Wishing you a better day today.:fingersx:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Island Girl The jokes are on various threads, try patient 99's thread and new knee in June's thread and 71Beetle's thread. Threads take on a life of their own. Things pop up when you least expect them.

@chestnc Usually I only have 2 loads of laundry a week, but sometimes it gets piled up. Hope you have a great day!

@madinana Good Morning! How are the critters today?
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana Oh Queen of the overdoers, how are you doing? You better be taking it easy this afternoon! Do I have to use my BOSSY voice on you!!!! Don't make me come there young lady! ....... Scared you into behaving yourself yet?
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom