TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife it is terrible what you had to go threw to get your meds for Steve I went threw this for one of my regular meds today, I called,pharmacy called, and my pharmacist called NO MEDS yet. I hope Steve is having a good day, and the PT is not the meanie
 
@madinana hopefully he won't be on the Norco much longer. Did you get your meds? PT was too afraid to lay a finger on him today. We won't have her again.
 
@madinana eyes are itchy again so I'm calling it a night! Hope you didn't overdo it at Lowes. Have a great night!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@tiredwife I have been super busy not sick. I had to go to bank, get groceries, pay school taxes, go to two different doctor's office to get scripts and paper to say I have metal in my knee to fly to my daughters on Monday, got my nails done, got bloodworm done. I mowed the lawn that was just today. Oh also pick up meds at pharmacy I did not do the overdo thing did I thought about you and bone smart today I miss not being in touch. I will be on tomorrow as only one more bloodwork have to fast and I drank coffee so could not do that one. I do have to do some
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
tomorrow but am
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
and will be glad when it is
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana Steve has to get blood work early tomorrow (normal physical stuff for the meds he is on) and he has PT tomorrow so I probably won't be on here much tomorrow. Hope you get some sleep!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana glad to hear that you are feeling better. You sure are busy. It's seems there are a million things to do whenever we are going on a trip. What kind of paper did you have to get in order to fly? Remember I was so nervous the first time I flew on a plane with my new knee. My OS gives his patients a card (similar to a credit card) that states what kind of implant you have, your name, his name and date of surgery. When I was waiting in the security line I told the guy I had a knee replacement. He made me go through the scanner line...the thing that you stand in, hold your arms in the air and it scans your whole body. It was fast and easy.
 
@Yorkimom @Minnie's knees the hospital here was suppose to send me my card but have not received yet so the os office typed up a letter. My hometown airport I don't see a problem as it is not a huge airport But when I come home the St Paul Mn airport is huge so will have to see how that goes. I decided to take my cane on the trip as at home I don't use anything but when land it Detroit usually my next flight is way over in another terminal and not a huge layover. I am checking my bag so don't have to deal with that. My carry on is just my medications and a book @Minnie's knees i will so enjoy as get to see my two granddaughters and my daughter lol
 
@madinana you'll be fine at the airport. Just be sure and give yourself plenty of extra time to get through security. Enjoy your time with your daughter and grand daughters!!! I'm so jealous (in a good way, not a spiteful way) of all of you who have grand children.
 
@madinana our 2 granddaughters live with us but or 3 grandsons are in TN so we don't get to see them as often. They grow up so fast.

@gr82cu2 grandchildren are fun! We love them so much. But I had my kids way too young and I wish I had been able to retire while the grandkids are young. Grandkids are ages 3-10 and I won't retire for at least 5 more years.
 
@Minnie's knees @gr82cu2 I have 5 grandchildren I have 2 granddaughter in St Paul Mn that is where I am headed and have 3 in Maryland ---2 grandsons and granddaughter I had my children when I was young too. The Maryland family is military---son is officer in the Navy. I have been able to fly all over to the many places they have been stationed. I told my husband I will make 1 trip each year to Mn and where ever son is station As my grandchildren give me joy and so much fun Their ages are 2 up to 13!!!!!!
 
I was barely 22 when I had our first son and almost 25 when I had our 2nd son. They are now almost 31 and 33. The 33 year old had a 2 year practice marriage that didn't produce any children, thank goodness. She would have been a horrible mother. He is now remarried to a wonderful gal who is a PA. She is a college professor and wants kids but the career is in the way at the moment. Our younger son would make a terrific father but I think he's scared of the commitment. His wife would make a super great mom too. She wants to be a stay at home mom when/if they have kids but she says she's scared to death to be pregnant. The occasionally talk about adoption. I have no idea if they will ever have kids either biologically or adopted. Either way would be fine with me :) They are all well into their 30's so they better get cracking!!! LOL!!
 
@madinana we have a lot in common. My son works in oil and gas so they move every couple of years. My daughter in law is a stay at home mom and loves it. It is nice that you are able travel to see them. It is hard when they live away from us but they have to go where jobs are. Requesting a wheelchair at the airport is a good idea.

@gr82cu2 my son is 36 and didn't have his first child until he was 30 and his second at 33. He always said he was not having kids but when he met his wife and her 2 year old that all changed and he is a great dad. Having kids in 30's seems to be the norm now. And with 2 new knees you will be able to enjoy grandkids when they do come along.
 
@msmechanic58 I think you are suppose to elephant sit it until after her trip! Time to elevate!

@madinana Good Morning! I have the lovely chore of downloading all the photos and info off one of our laptops that is on its way to crashing. That will take all weekend!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom