TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana Just incase I can't get on here later.
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Pleasant dreams!
 
@tiredwife @marmora I am waiting for my son to confirm date it will be Oct 31 or Nov 1 so it will be shortly after my rtkr @marmora grand children are a blessing I have 5 my name is after my first grandchild They call me Nana and her name is Madison She is the one that held my hand when I got stitches out. My grandchildren 3 of them live in Maryland and the other two live in Minnesota. So I do a lot of flying or driving. They bring a lot of joy. The scheduler said she put me on the cancellation list but its rare for someone to cancel. I did not want to get in to later as then the snow flies,
Also thankful its early enough before my husband insurance changes. I did not get a nap, tyneol did not help broke down and took pain pill. I wonder when this swelling will stop @tiredwife how is Steve doing today? Well i got 30 alerts take a peek at some threads take care Laurie
 
@madinana

Hi Laurie,

hopefully, you will know the date of your son's promotion ceremony soon and that you will have a little time for recovery before traveling to Maryland. I can see why you do a lot if traveling between New York and Maryland and Minnesota. Sorry that you weren't able to get on top of your pain today. You shouldn't consider it a breakdown, the knee & your body just needed a pain pill and you were just giving you knee & body what it needed.

Hope the pain pill starts to take effect and your evening and night are comfortable.

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife @marmora Well this morning is the first time their is not a little of ms elephant at all I wonder if it has to do with anything that I slept until 930 am :heehee: and have not been on it. It is nice to see a normal leg, but once I get moving around she will roar in. I hope all have a wonderful day. I don't have to go anywhere so will putter around the house I am sure I can fine something to do!!!! @tired wife oh my elephant so cute!!!!
 
@madinana Hopefully the swelling stays away today! It should get less and less over time! Have fun puttering! I need to do laundry and change sheets today! I think our truck driving friend might be coming back through this week end. Steve will be more up to a visit this time.
 
@tiredwife Hi Jackie
@madinana

Good Morning to you & Good Afternoon to me (3:53 pm /Dublin time)


@madinana -great to hear the Ms. Elephant didn't wake up with you this morning & hope she stays away for the rest of the day. @madinana - you explained the combination of Your grand daughter Madison & being a Nana as your BoneSmart name, but what is your real name ?

@tiredwife Hi Jackie, good for Steve that he will be in better firm for your friends visit over the weekend and good for the three of you to be together again so soon.

Had my one to one PT this morning and it very good and feel that I'm making progress and she has given me some additional exercises to do over the weekend and see her again on Monday afternoon. -don't worry not overdoing it, today we worked mainly on extension, as that has been a long term problem for nearly 2 years, since previous arthroscopy.

Currently, elevating, icing and toes above nose on the couch Watching "E News" - a lot of the people/stars I'm not familiar with, but it's light and can catch up on emails while it is on in the background.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora madinana has her name at the bottom of her posts. It is Laurie.
Glad you aren't overdoing it. They say extension is the hardest to get. It took hubby 11 weeks to get to 0. This leg is going a lot faster. You will get there. Have you put that foot up on the second step and straightened it! That helped hubby a lot. (his least favorite exercise!)
 
@tiredwife @marmora Well yes my name is Laurie please to meet you Cathie and heck I know you Jackie :heehee: The thing I am having problem with is can walk up the steps regular but going down I have a very hard time getting my surgical leg to want to go down it can but really have to force. I wish I knew what I could do to make it do normally I worked on it a little this morning and will again this afternoon You got any ideas Also my calf also seems to stiffen up by days end, got any ideas what exercise I can do for that? @marmora I think you are doing great the one thing I learn is one day at a time, sometimes I forget, but then my knee :idea: lets me know :yikes: hope you all are having a good day
 
@madinana Pleased to meet you Laurie:heehee:! Going down the stairs like a big girl is one of the last things to get accomplished. It is a toughie! It will come! Hubby has to go up and down stairs all the time so it came faster to him with his first knee than it will to people who don't do stairs often. Try some heat on the calf when it stiffens, maybe that will help.
 
@madinana Hi Laurie
@tiredwife. Hi Jackie

:walking: I learned how to go up/ down stairs like a grown-up on Wednesday at my Group Post-TKR class and have been practicing on the 41 stairs in our home. Getting better on going up and feeling that improving each day. The going down takes "real effort" and is much harder and I know if I do go up the stairs to the first landing, as they saying goes, "what goes up - must come down" !

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
I am going to remember the stairs! I avoided them last time but know they are good as my PT had me do them every session!
 
Hi I'm doing stairs one at a time up and down I know I'm not ready to do them properly yet but I practice properly - what I mean is when going up I put good leg up then rather that just putting operated leg on the step I put it as far past as I can as if I am going to step on the next step and then put it back down - I'm working on the principle when my knee is ready to go up one foot on each step my brain and muscles will have remembers what to do!

I'm not sure that made sense but I'm not very good at explaining stuff!

Shortie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom