TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went to see my OS today and he was happy and is scheduling my left knee for total replacement. He usually won't do so close but he felt that it was great no cane, no limping I was surprised he did not say anything about swelling. I did get more tramadol. First he said no, then he said okay I will as can see you are not abusing it. Wow I was happy though, I will fill it when I go downtown for an appointment on Thursday This has nothing to do with knees but my dog is driving me crazy she has had terrible gas for three days I am suffocating
 
@tiredwife no but today she seems to be doing better. I slept well last night as was exhausted my knee and ankle are aching and decided to just do tyneol. I can't remember if told you I did manage to get another script for tramadol he wasn't at first he gave in so now just waiting for scheduler to call and let me know when @marmora thank you, I give a lot of credit to my daughter in law she stayed for two weeks and was like a drill sergeant for exercises The only thing that concerns me for my second I have no one to help me threw the first couple of weeks so am going to look into getting some home health in for two weeks. Hope everyone is feeling good and have a happy day!!!! I am have nothing to do today----well eventually have to mop floors it will get done eventually :heehee:
 
Hi @madinana I have left you a funny rating not because your post was funny but your dogs gas situation made me giggle. I have noticed you have left me some likes and such and thanks for stopping in and taking time to read my posts looking at them some are getting long but great place to release and share. Thought I would stop in and see how you are doing. You are doing great sound like things are coming along wonderful for you and nice to see that you will have your second replacement soon how much easier it will make things even more for helping you get around easier. You have made so much progress and so short a time ago you were getting ready for surgery and look where you are now. I am scheduled for left knee surgery to. Seems so many of us are having surgery on our left knees and waiting for a date probably January at the latest but happy to be on the list. Well just wanted to stop by and nice to see you are doing great. Holly
 
@madinana GOOD MORNING!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana
I'm tucked up in bed, icy Cryo cuff on my knee & leg elevated and resting after a busier day.

Hope that you have a good night also & that the only elephant leg you soon will see, will only be the ones that @tiredwife draws & posts to you.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife @marmora just got my date for second surgery to do right knee The earliest they can do is October 20th I had them put me on cancellation list. But now that I thought about it gives me a chance for my left knee get stronger I went to physical therapist to get paperwork and actually did exercises and he convince me to do two more sessions and then will be officially done.. I really wanted it sooner (operation) but it gives me a little over a week to prepare for trip to Maryland As my son is in the Navy and he is getting promoted and we are going to ceremony for that, so guess better start praying now that I have a good recovery. Nothing like knowing from the get go I will be overdoing and preparing for a six hour drive :sos: :yikes: @tiredwife I don't know where you find these elephant pictures but they bring me joy. Ms elephant is here and boy is it swelled and knee hurts. I going to take tyneol and if that does not help then go to pain pill. and ice and elevate and watch my soap, and maybe a nap :heehee:
 
@madinana the internet is a wonderful place! October 20th might be a good thing as Ms. Elephant Leg is still active! When is your son's promotion ceremony? Maybe there will be a cancellation and they can get you done sooner. End of Sept. would be great!
I have Jacob again tonight, but then I don't have him until Tuesday!
Rest MS. Elephant Leg, and make sure you really elevate (from the ceiling!):heehee:
 
@madinana
Great for you to know the date for your next RTKR surgery and as you say you are also on a cancellation list, so you may get an earlier surgery date.

Didn't understand what date is your son's Navy Promotion Ceremony, is it one week before or after the ceremony in Maryland ? You and your husband must be very proud of him.

@tiredwife hi Jackie, it must be lovely having your grandson staying overnight and being such a close part of your & Steve's life.
I do home that when Grandchildren ever do appear in my life, that they live in Ireland, so that I will be around to see them growing up.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora he doesn't spend all night, just until around 11:15 pm. Really I would rather be grandma instead of babysitter! At my age I don't have the patience I use to have (peri menopausal). I would rather just have him when we want to do things with him and not all the time (especially now that I have Steve to care for). I have been babysitting him since he was an infant, and all my remodeling on our house had to stop because he zaps all my energy. I have 2 bedrooms still to rewire and remodel, half of the house still needs the new siding up, I still have 3 windows needing replacing, etc etc. We want to be able to sell it in a few years so we can retire. Starting in September he will have another babysitter and we can have him when we want to not when we have to! I love him to death, but I raised my children and don't want to raise him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom