TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marmora Kathy this weekend going to women of Faith conference its s wonderful experience for those who believe /why I am telling you I have to walk 3 blocks to arena down and coming back up hill to rochester conference center So I decided I am not going to be stupid and take my cane as the one thing lacking on for me is walking long distances oh It is an amazing experience with women Also know my elephant leg will return so will take one with me
Okay have sa goof night i am falling asleep while typing and have to keep deleting and retype
 
:walking:@madinana
It is 3:00 am here and just woke for the toilet & looking at some posts to help me get back to sleep.
I do think that taking your cane to walk to/ from ' The Women of Faith ' conference is almost a must do !

You'll find comfort and extra support with the cane and when I use mine when I'm out & about people are more considerate of my slow walking, offer me their seats and generally try to help me.

People seem to want to help more when they see someone with a cane.

My OS & PT have also said that must use the cane outdoors for a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery.:old:

Cathie
 
I love it @madinana with the PT and your cane!! You are making us all smile today! At pre op today. Just had blood drawn, vitals taken and EKG. I am always so nervous. Have a great day!
 
@madinana Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got a call from home pt. They said he is can have nurse visits too, after talking with her about his problems this time we decided it would be a good idea to have a nurse come before pt starts. She is coming today. Just want her opinion about his thigh and he is having pain down below the spinal site. Hope you have a great day!
 
:hi: @tiredwife
Just woke from my afternoon nap :chillpill:
Great to hear that you will also have a visiting nurse and will be good to get her opinion on Steve's thigh and spinal site pain.

:flwrysmile:Cathie
 
Well now that I have had a chance to get on still dealing with elephant leg, swelling aching and couple of those shooting jabs but so far have not taken any pain meds today so will see how it goes I have to fix some dinner for hubby hope to be on later @marmora hope you are having a good day @tiredwife some sleep please
 
:hi: @madinana
Would you believe after my last post to you at 3:52pm, I fell asleep again on the couch and didn't wake until my husband came home at 6pm. Lucky, that he has been getting the dinner for us each night, nothing fancy - home made burger, corn on the cob, shop bought coleslaw and a mixed side salad. Yummy.

We then went for a 25 minute walk about 8 pm. And I m now in the TV room, :chillpill: Leg elevated, Cryo cuff with lovely ice and resting on the couch watching a 'Home Improvement ' loves those.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora She said it is nothing to worry about! She said one way to check for a clot is to have your leg out in front of you and point your toes toward your belly. If you get terrible calf pain it is probably a clot. I think his thigh muscle is just from the tourniquet. It was on a little longer than the first one, and it may have been tighter because he had a lot less blood on his steri stips. She also brought more bandages and will check on him a couple more times. Pt will probably come tomorrow.

@madinana Sleep, what's that?
 
@tiredwife that was good to hear about the possible clot/DVT and that Steve's pain & discomfort with the thigh muscle was as you say a result of the tourniquet.

I have had clots/DVts and Pulmonary Embolisms most of my adult life since my first unexplained one at age 21.
So, have been on blood thinking drugs since then, as it is a result of "sticky platelets".

Take care and look after yourself between looking after Steve. :chillpill:
Cathie
 
@marmora That would be scary! Clots are nothing to take lightly!

I plan on sleeping good tonight. Didn't get my nap today, things kept me from it. Maybe you stole my nap! You seem to have a lot of them. Are you using other peoples' naps? :loll: Ummmmmm. I think I may be on to something! You take care of yourself and please send my naps back to me!!!:heehee:
 
:chillpill: :chillpill: :chillpill:
@tiredwife lending you a nap of your choice, you can borrow my early morning nap or my after lunch nap or my late afternoon before dinner nap.

Happy to lend one to you anytime you need one.

:flwrysmile:Cathie
 
@marmora too late today for a nap, so I will just add your morning nap to my evening sleep and maybe I might get some sleep! Thanks for sharing, I think maybe hubby is stealing all my sleep, he has been napping a lot!

@madinana just in case I don't make my way back to your thread with my groggy wanderings I will wish you pleasant dreams now!:yawn:
 
@madinana I wish I was there when you gave your PT your two cents! That was great!!!! How is the leg feeling now?
@marmora I agree with tiredwife about the ROM. I remember during my PT I could bend my knee pretty good but my extension was horrible. She told me my extension would "be my Everest". When I was finished with PT it was at a 2. I still kept working at it and I don't know what it is now, but it's much better and I'm sure it's at 0 or better. I am going to go to the same PT so I'll be curious to see what it is. So much for having to get your ROM in a certain time frame.
 
Good Morning I have therapy today and wondering if I need to take :old: I much rather be home :type: :sneaker:My knee is doing well I only suffer with stiffness,jolt or spasms I guess that what you would call it. and swelling by the end of the day. I actually yesterday did not have to take any pain pills, tyneol... went to lunch with sister and sat too long and lots of walking.(started swelling) :happydance: So I can deal with that. Monday will be my last day of therapy :yes!: and tuesday to my OS and hopefully schedule for my right knee and get ur done!!!!!!:happydance:
 
@madinana You better start going a little easier on your knee if you don't want Ms. Elephant Leg to become a common visitor!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
@madinana I managed to get the litter boxes sterilized today, and vacuumed and mopped the floors. I still need to go pick up a few groceries later today. I think the laundry will have to wait until tomorrow, we maybe running around naked then:shocked:. Hope you are having a great day!?

[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
 
:iagree: @madinana
Your knee looks very good, the scar line is very faint and very straight. !
What date do you have scheduled for the second knee. ?

I'm catching up on posts with :chillpill: And :ice: on the couch in the TV room, while husband is watching a documentary on WWI.

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom