TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with PT being kind of long yesterday (practice steps along with everything else) and then being up for the shower, hubby has been fighting pain (6) all night, kind of missing the block now. Just had some percoset so hopefully the pain will ease before I take him home.
 
@madinana, how is you knee feeling today? We're getting ready to go on the beach and while I'm waiting, I thought I would check in. I felt so bad the other day lecturing you about how much you were doing and thought that's why your knee was hurting so much. I like tired wife's hubby suggestion about using your cane on your PT!
Have a good day:chillpill:
 
@Yorkimom don't be silly no offense taken as I do try to do more than should and I am taking @tiredwife idea I am taking my cane and tell him not to touch me or he will be introduce to my cane on a first name whap to the head :heehee: and he won't do it again :rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana I finally got back on. Need a nap, but can't sleep. Cranky because of the dumb pharmasist (see my thread for story). Should have used hubby's cane on her. Hope you are behaving youself?
 
@madinana Think this is about it for me today. Got hubby back in bed elevating and icing, our alarms are set for meds. He is exhausted! I'll say Good Night to you now, wonder around the forum if it will let me for a little while and then go give hubby his lovenox injection and go to bed.
 
@tiredwife
Good Sunday Morning from Dublin (6:45 am).
Just awake, took 2 paracetamols & 1 Valium and now have on icy Cryo cuff and elevating leg.
Yesterday was mainly s sleepy-time day. My PCP /GP changed my 4x/day pain relief to Tyelnex and they made me very sleepy & lethargic all day Saturday. Spoke with my pharmacist & she suggested either 1 Tyelnex & 1 paracetamol 4x/day or just 2 paracetamol 4x/day. And still have the Valium up to 3x/day and the Oyxnorm if needed for breakthrough pain.
Yesterday was our 34th Wedding anniversary & went out for a lovely meal at an Italian restaurant and really enjoyed being out .

Hope that you and your hubby had a good nights sleep and that the pain is under control . He couldn't be in better hands with you looking after him .
Cathie
 
@marmora Good Morning and happy anniversary! First part of the night wasn't too bad, but after he got up to go potty he couldn't get comfortable and tossed and turned. I have to go pick up a friend of ours in a little bit, he drives truck, he is passing through and parks his semi at an area for truckers just out of town. We love it when he stops by, tells the best stories, but I hope he doesn't tire hubby out too much. We never know how long his is staying when he stops by.
 
@marmora and @tiredwife a very good morning to you both @marmora I wish you both Happy Anniversary and sure it was nice to get out and about Did it bother your leg sitting in a chair for dinner,. I still can not sit that way for extended period of time @tiredwife have a great time with your friend and I hope he does not have Steve overdue but he can listen to the stories and ice and elevate How did you change colors @marmora what is the weather like there ? Have a great days you all I will be on later well if it lets me :heehee:
 
Woke up at 3am i think i did not sleep well knowing I go see physical therapy and still recouping from last session I am dealing with swelling, stiffness and pain. At this moment all feels good I am going to ice as soon as coffee done as looks like their is some swelling. I just need to remember I will be five weeks out and have had great accomplishments I have been walking without walker or cane since about 2 1/2 weeks @tiredwife have cane by front door am taking it and am telling him why :loll:
 
@madinana Good morning. You see the A underlined in red in the bar above the typing area. Click on that! Lots of colors. Good, bop him one for me too!
 
Well just got back from pt and showed up with :old: and pt said you have a set back I said :bignono::no-fin: but if you don't stop when I say stop you will meet my cane :snork: and he looked at me with :yikes: and he listen to me today The good news is I had 125 rom and 0 extension and only three sessions left and am done :egypdance: :wowspring::dancy: :yay:
 
:hi:@madinana @tiredwife
Hello,
Sorry haven't been up to speed on the forum of late. Really tired and sleeping lots of little and big naps during the day.
Had a lovely anniversary dinner on Saturday night and knee & leg were ok , stayed at restaurant about &can hour and a half and then home to elevate and ice for the rest of the evening.

@tiredwife- glad that Steve is doing well and it was good that you had a chance to visit with your truck driving friend.:cheers:

@madinana - hope that the swelling in your leg is getting under control, you seem to have been bothered by that a lot after your surgery. It was funny what you told your PT about using your cane and it seemed to work !:wowspring:

I still use one cane in the house at times or feel comfortable without one if I am Judy going from room to room. However, when taking my daily walks, I always take two canes for safety !

:yay: Have my first out-patient PT session on Wednesday morning with a PT that I have been going to for many years, so will see what my Flexion is at. Think it is still at 90-95% and should be nearing to 100% at this stage.
Will also start a once a week for 5 weeks Knee PT group session on 20 August at the hospital where I had my surgery.

Weather here still good for Ireland high 60's/low 70's - going now for my third after dinner walk with my husband in a nearby park.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@madinana Thank you for the much needed chuckle today! I sent you an email. Great on your ROM!

@marmora don't stress about your ROM it will come, each knee has it's own healing schedule. If you do too much trying to achieve it you will just set yourself back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom