TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only a stationary bike, and cant yet do a complete a full rotation with the seat as high as it goes.
Will spend a few minutes a day 'stretching' by rocking forward and back. It will happen and I am willing to wait.
It will happen at its own pace.
We went shopping yesterday, and like you, I had a hard and long uncomfortable night.
Today I went for a ten minute walk, and the knee felt much better than yesterday.
 
@madinana Well, 4:30 am here, have to head to the hospital at 5:15 am. Hubby was hurting all night in his joints because he has been off his diclofenac since the 1st. So he tossed and turned. Poor guy. We are all packed up (cpap, ice machine, snacks, nurse bait, etc.) I just need to clean the litter pans. You have a great day, and good very early morning!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
This is my knee 4 weeks out 120 rom and -3 for extension I am off to physical therapy
 
:loveshwr::wow: @madinana
Very impressed with your knee and the very faint scar after 4 weeks and even more impressed with your ROM of 120.

I am three weeks post-op today and my ROM is only at 90-95%. So, still have a lot of work to do.

Again, congratulations !!!! :wowspring:
 
@tiredwife @marmora I just got back from pt and he made me really mad he pushed my rom to 125 as i was saying stop and then my extension he did the same thing pushed it to get to 2. I do not lie being pushed like that so was not happy and now it is aching terrible I just want to cry and my picture look huge and just want to cry rut ro I must be having a bad hair day but thank you for the encouragement Sorry for the pity party!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana your knee looks fantastic for three weeks and your ROM is great. I can tell from your posts that you are impatient. Your knee is telling you to slow down. You will only cause more swelling and pain if you continue to push yourself. You are only three weeks out. Rest, ice and elevate...read, watch TV or anything to make yourself relax. :roseshwr:
 
@madinana I am so sorry. I just read your post about your PT pushing you. I didn't see that before my last post. I had read about all you had been doing and that you had to listen to your knee. No wonder you are in pain!!
 
@madinana We should sic a mad elephant on your therapist!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2

Or we can gang up on him and hold him down while you pull his leg around!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Maybe you should just throw up on him!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Hey, I blame lack of sleep for all these suggestions, but who knows, we might have to resort to one of them. Meanwhile elevate, ice and take a pain pill or two. Or maybe some bourbon!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Hugs to you!
[Bonesmart.org] Madinana Made it to  knee #2
Have a better day tomorrow!
 
@madinana I came home at 4:30 so I could clean the floors a little, etc. I should throw in some laundry too while I have the chance. Hubby is much more comfortable now that I helped him get a shower. Have a great evening and good night just incase I don't get back on here later!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom