TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@madinana He is BORED!!!! That's a sign that he is getting better. Still dealing with stiffness, and the ambien wasn't doing as well the last few times so it was bourbon last night and he slept about 5 hours. I usually rub his leg for him at night and I think it helps some. You get some sleep tonight!

I am with hubby!
I am finding that a nice glass of red is mighty fine with dinner. I very much like a single malt, but am leaving that for a point in the future.
I am learning that moderation is a good thing though. My wife says it has taken long enough though!
 
:hi: @madinana
Good Morning, like you the leg stiffness is a real problem throughout the day. It happens after I spend anytime sitting. Can be really flexable before sitting & then when I stand up , stff snd walk like leg is made of cement.
Will try the massage that seems to work for you and hopefully it will work for me.
Clips/ staples all 41 of them removed yesterday, so that should help with the lessening if the stiffness.
Have a great day,
 
@marmora I thought my 25 stapes was a lot but you definitely beat me I have the most stiffness in the morning and some time it gets up to 8 then I take one of my strong pain pills other wise its my tramadol every six hours Today am having a stiff pain ect so use one of the strong ones, which make me tired but will work threw it You have a wonderful pain free day :yahoo:
 
@referee54 and @tiredwife I had a friend who had both her knees done and she gave me its peddles like a bike but you can be sitting in a chair I wonder when you can start doing that, My pa does the same thing each time I go and they only see me for half an hour twice a week So its like they measure me and a few exercises and done, I want my leg to get stronger and also want to get my extension down and not sure what is a good exercise to do for extension as I have been -5 and -4 Can you all help me with suggestions?
 
had a friend who had both her knees done and she gave me its peddles like a bike but you can be sitting in a chair I wonder when you can start doing that,
You could probably do that now---just rock gently back and forth---do not force anything and do not take anything past the point of discomfort.

Just rock back and forth and let the muscles stretch themselves a little bit at a time.
 
Yes, getting stiff is very normal. Taking pain meds and not staying stationary for too long it should help. It does get better.
 
:hi:@madinana
Like you the stiffness in the leg is what is bothering me the most at the moment. They have me on 5mg of Valium at 7 am - 1:30 and at 10 pm , this is to relax the muscles and works so/so, at 7am , it is taken with 2 Solpadine , at 1:30 with Oxymore and at 10 pm with long lasting OxyContin .
The leg stiffness holds me back at times when I am walking.
But, all snd all imploring each day .
 
@Reebok Hubby says if you can get 4 roses single barrel bourbon there to try that! It is a good bourbon to start on.

@madinana It would be fine to use the bike thingee. If it hurts don't do it. Best thing for extension is have the leg straight, ankle up on a pillow. Hubby's pt suggested a pillowcase with a couple cans of whatever in it draped over the knee. Don't do it if it hurts.
 
:vespa:@madinana
Here in the in-patient centre I started using one of the floor pedal rotation aids last Friday / 8 days post -op. At first for 30 seconds in one fires goon and then 30 seconds in the opposite. For the first few days couldn't get a full rotation. The trick is to sit with the chair far from the unit as that is easier and then each day or two move you're chair closer to the unit. Today 1 August, one week later I can cycle for 5 minutes Anne do this once with the PT and then once more by myself.
I am going to buy one from Argos a catalogue store to have at home. Find it very good.
 
@madinana Well, son in law pickup grandson early, so I can go to bed at a decent time!:dancy:
Won't have him again til the week after Hubby's surgery. Now I can get caught up on house cleaning and laundry before surgery time. I don't get anything done but feed and water the cats, and clean their litter pans while he is in the hospital. I spend most of the time with him. :friends:
Hubby decided on bourbon tonight. Started a tad early, but neither one of us slept long last night and he is hoping he can get in a least 6 hours tonight.:beer: He sips it really slow, and makes sure to drink a full glass of water before going to sleep. Never has a hangover.
He is off diclofenac now til after surgery so his right knee is paining him.:cry:
 
I am having a set back day My knee is aching really bad have to say this is the worst pain I have felt since my surgery and its bothering my ankle too I am going to break down and take a strong pill which use very sparingly!!! Is this because I tried the bike thingy? I did not go all the way around just went back and forth..... I am thinking it might be a good idea to elevate and do some icing. Well hope all have a great day @tiredwife Good Morning to you!!!!!!
 
@madinana could be the bike thingee, maybe pushed too much or did it too long. You are an overdoer! Take a pain pill, ice and elevate! Today I am working on getting the laundry done.
 
:biking:@madinana
Sorry to hear that you are having a painful & rough day.
When I first used the "bike thingy" pedal floor bike. My PT had me do 30 seconds in one direction & 30 seconds in the opposite direction and was on day 8 post-op And it was not a full rotation.
Next day the same but once in the morning & once in the afternoon.
On day 3 I could pedal a full rotation for 1 minute in one direction and then one minute in the opposite direction.
After 7 days, I can now pedal for 4-5 minutes in one direction : once in the morning and again at about 5 pm.
The PT said I will increase by 30 to 1 minute every second day and would expect that it will be about 10 days before I can pedal for a maximum of 10 minutes twice a day and then he will review.

Maybe you did too much too soon. Take care, ice,elevate, rest and medicate.
:chillpill:
 
I am tired went to bed and my mind was thinking about things and my knee was saying get up and take pain pill guess who won my knee :snork: just reminding me who is boss :loll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom