Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it...

DJJFPC I commend you on having hip surgery so close together. I am ready to have my other hip fixed but I am glad I have time in between operations to get mentally ready. I believe the biggest part of recovery is positive thinking and knowledgeable info from others experiences from this wonderful BS blog. You seem to be doing very well also and just think you will be all healed up when I start all over. Take it easy and be smart with your recovery. Ice, elevate and rest.
 
@Tboom - give yourself plenty of time to recover from the first before you move on to the second - having the new hip stronger will help your recovery on the second. I have one last PT session (which is primarily to check in after my first post op on Tuesday and my session with the trainer tomorrow). Sounds like you'll be released soon, too. Glad you're doing so well!
 
I will have about a year and a half in between mine. Could probably stretch it longer since it isn’t as bad as left, but having had that pain once, if I can avoid it I am. Excellent recovery @Tboom.
 
Hi @Tboom
Sounds like you're doing really well. I'm happy for you.
There's still a lot of healing going on and will be for some time to come,
Take it slow and easy.
Best wishes for a great holiday weekend!
 
This bone chilling cold needs to go. I can't stand to go outside and cabin fever has set in. I need to be outside walking my new hip but I get so chilled I guess from thinned blood and a foreign device(hip implant) I just cannot do it. I have long underwear and all kinds of winter wear and usually love cold weather but this winter is different. After walking and it being 11 degrees Mon. I felt horrible. New hip and old hip both was painful as well as my shoulders and elbows. Osteoarthritis and cold weather do not help my body at all. I am ready for spring!!!
 
The cold does get to the joints. We are having below zero here. Try to stay warm, take something for the joint pain. Spring will come!
 
Hi there @Tboom
It's really cold where I live also. It does get old!
Don't know if you have snow but we do here in the Upper-Midwest.
It's scary to go places for fear of slipping on the ice :yikes:
Consider driving to an indoor shopping mall during a slower time of day to get some exercise.
It could also serve as a distraction for a time.....just a thought.
Enjoy your evening!
 
Today was warm enough(30s) to get out and walk and I sweep leaves off my carport. It was so nice to just get out of house for a while. I bundled up and made sure to keep Hip warm. My new hip is awesome. My old hip needs to go asap!!
 
Hi there @Tboom
So sorry about the hip. You must be hurting.
Just like the new year, out with the old, in with the new. Hope you're not hurting too badly.
Thirty degrees....I'm jelly! We're at -1 and going down.
Wishing you a warm and cozy night!
 
Last edited:
@Tboom hoping for 30's here in MI next week. I'm so over the cold as well!! Glad you were able to get some fresh air, it makes a big difference.
 
Glad you got to go outside, @Tboom. I can totally relate. Being stuck inside is frustrating. You do sound like you are on track, so I will send you some of our Australian sunshine to hopefully keep you warm. It's going to be 40C/105F here again this weekend. *sweat*
 
Congrats on 2 months :)
Hope you're doing well.
A great rest of the week to you!
@Tboom
 
Tboom...frustrating recovery mess, and another bad hip to go!
Try not to get too down. I agree cold weather and tightening of muscles makes me feel lousy. Thankfully the climate is much more temperate here. 40F is freezing to me.
Come on spring.
Recovery is not a straight road you know.
[Bonesmart.org] Made it...
 
Hey all, I am doing very well. My surgeon said I was doing remarkably well. But... he still wants to wait b4 doing my other hip. I am ready now but he is not lol. I go back Feb 27th and hopefully I will get my surgery date. He said risk of dislocation is too high for him to do it now....Mmmm. I can sleep on either side now:dancy:which is awesome. I just can't wait til I can throw this rollator away. I depend on my new hip to stand or balance myself. My old hip is so bad!!! Anyway I am really ready for spring and new flowers. Was hoping on planting some but have to wait til next spring I guess. Still fortunate to have one good, fully functioning hip so I am blessed!!
 
@Tboom

Glad to hear recovery is going well. After my first hip, I was recovering like you. Then pain in thigh began and stayed for months. I had OS check it out. He stated it was IT band. It took from December to November to stop pain in thigh. Not trying to discourage or upset you, just sharing my experience. Getting ready for 2nd hip, and I’ll be gentler in this recovery.
 
@Tboom glad to hear things are going so well and I hope you don't have to wait too long for that other hip!
 
:yes!: glad things are progressing well.:ok:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom