Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it...

Well I vacuumed and did laundry for the 1st time since surgery today. I also cooked Me a simple supper. Hip feels so good. I have Rehab tomorrow 3rd time this week. I feel 100% healed. I am still cautious and go at things in safe mode but I sincerely Thank God for such a miraculous outcome. I cannot wait to have my other hip replaced. :giggle:
 
You sound great! Please be careful not to overdue and end up in the ODIC (Over Did It Club)
It can happen, sneaking up,on you after over activity. Continue to take it slowly and cautiously as
you mentioned you are. It is a wonderful feeling to be rid of the miserable pain.
Hope you have a great Friday! @Tboom
 
Wow I’m really impressed with what you’re able to do so quickly after your op. I would agree with the other though that you should take things slowly, it’s so easy to push yourself too far when your feeling great
 
You are doing really well. I have to agree with others that healing is still taking place so don’t get upset if you have a few ups and downs, it’s not uncommon. I know what it is like to start doing normal things again and being excited over things like running the vacuum. Being around two weeks out, might be a good idea to remember to take short breaks in between the activities. It is amazing at how quickly some bounce back, no doubt in part to how this surgery keeps improving. Imagine how good you will feel when hip two is done!
 
@Tboom I am right there with you on how amazing recovery has been. I am still making sure to keep my cane close at hand around the house, mostly as a reminder to take things with patience. It's great for you to have such a quick recovery heading into your second hip. I hope the second one does just as well!
 
I had a big...oh my stars..my hips are great ...epiphany that led me to believe I would just go back to work at 5 weeks and just get on back to life.
Thus my membership into the ODIC was sealed.
All so happy you are immediately seeing the benefits, but is a serious surgery with a prosthetic implant...so please take it slow...
Deep healing takes time.
Hope all continues to go well. :tree2;
 
I am sore today after vacuuming yesterday but nothing I cannot handle. I left out the part that I used my cane while I vacuumed and sat down and rested a couple of times. It was just time to get up and start taking my life back. I iced and elevated afterwards. I sure aint about to hurt myself after going thru this surgery. I know I am not healed YET but it does feel like it some days.
 
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/

Hi @Tboom
I've included the progression chart as a guide. It was in your original reading material but some of us may just gloss over it initially and forget. I found it to be a convenient reminder.

This journey can be sort of a "live and learn" situation at times.
Any of us who've been there (ODIC) don't want to see you suffer needlessly.
I'm happy to hear you used your cane and took breaks. At only 16 days post op vacuuming can take a lot out of you especially if it's not a super light weight vacuum. I'd try to leave that chore for someone else for a few weeks if possible.

We understand that some days the energy runs higher, the pain seems minimal, or nonexistent, making it easy to over do. Just don't want to see you hurting, especially leading into the holiday. Rest and ice today and you should be okay. Warm wishes for a very :merry christmas: leave the vacuuming until 2018 :heehee:
 
I haven't tried vacuuming yet but I did "swiffer" my main floors a few days ago since they are mostly hardwood and tile. The cat hair build up was getting to me lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
That's me Jaydub I have 2 precious long haired cats and my carpet looked horrible. I was embarrassed when company came to visit. I didn't want them to vacuum for me even tho they did offer...its a Dyson upright lightweight vacuum no big deal. I went to Rehab and worked out all my soreness this morning, I even worked out my upper body since it was tight from being inactive. Longer I sit the worse I feel. Osteoarthritis will consume you if you don't keep moving and fighting back!!! Feeling great now. Getting Ready for Christmas. Baking Gingerbread & pumpkin bread as I type. I will rest, ice and elevate afterwards.
 
Sounds delicious @Tboom. And it sounds like you are being sensible. :merry christmas:
 
Hi @Tboom
Glad to hear you worked out the soreness and are icing and elevating.
Amazing how those two help.
"Motion is Lotion" all things in moderation.
Yummy on the breads...I love anything pumpkin!
 
Sounds like you're listening to your body. I'm learning is to listen to my body vrs my will! Pre THR I got used to pushing myself because I had to, despite pain. Post THR it's the opposite. We need to NOT PUSH...because pushing can cause damage, thus setting our recovery back.
 
Wow @Tboom I am so impressed with your progress. Cooking, baking and vacuuming yikes. I had my LTHR done on Dec 15th and my RTHR done on Dec 22nd. Both were done using the anterior surgical method. I am walking with a walker and occasionally in the last 2 days I am able to walk around the house without it. I have it close at hand just for safety. I decided I would have the surgeries as close together as possible so that I basically go through one recovery. My surgeon use to do bilateral but no longer will do it he feels the risks of too much blood loss and some other risk factors such as embolism etc outweigh doing them together. He normally will only do surgeries at least 2 weeks apart but he let me have them a week apart due to scheduling issues and the fact he felt I would be able to manage it. He also checked me out 6 days after my first to make sure I was able to do the second surgery. It sounds like you are recovering incredible well. My hat goes off to you in the incredible progress you have made.
 
Well made it thru Christmas, I am still doing good. My PT guy cut me back to 1 time a week instead of 3. He said my progress was at a 6 week patient. He has been impressed since my 1st visit. I can walk very good on my new hip With a cane for short distances but have to use my rollator for long hauls since My Old hip pops,cracks and grinds. I am scared of falling without the walker and we don't want that. I will be glad when I get a surgery date and have my other hip installed.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom