Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it...

Glad you are moving along @Tboom. I had a year and a half in between two hips, but symptoms didn’t really start (or perhaps clearly start) until late August/early September. I think some time in between surgeries is a good idea if we have a choice. Years ago I had three surges in a 12 week period and they beat me down. Took forever for energy to return.

Being on day 4 post op, I am glad second hip is behind me. Think I am having one of those post surgical let down days today, but that’s ok. I need to rest and take care of myself. Time to run around comes later. I do have less pain this time around, but there is still this gash on the front of my leg that reminds me it is now a time to heal.

I too am looking forward to planting flowers this spring. What are your favories? I will try to plant something for you in my yard.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Tboom
Waiting might not be so bad after all. It will give that leg some additional healing
time as well as your body time to re-energize before the next assault, lol!
It sounds as though you're progressing nicely. Keep up the good work.

Depending upon when your next surgery is....consider some container planting this season.
You could have someone set you up at a comfortable height with some dirt, pots, pretty flowers
and get busy! May not be the same as getting into the ground and smelling the earth but you could
create some pretty pots to admire later. Here's a flower for you :flwrysmile:
Hope your weekend is great!
 
Glad you are moving along @Tboom. I had a rear and a half in between two hips, butvsymptoms didn’t really start (or perhaps clearlyvstart) until late August/early September. I think some time in between surges is a good idea if we have a choice. Years ago I had three surges in av12 week period and they beat me down. Took forever for energy to return.

Being on day 4 post op, I am glad second hip is behind me. Think I am having one of those post surgical let down days today, but that ok. I need to rest and take care of myself. Time to run around comes later. I do have less pain this time around, but there is still this gash on the front of my leg that reminds me it is now a time to heal.

I too am looking forward to planting flowers this spring. What are your favories? I will try to plant something for you in my yard.
Mamma T my favorite flower is amaryllis and lillies. But I haven't seen a flower I don't like. I have to have lots of greenery like hasta, elephant ears and ferns but I always like to add color every spring. Yard Scaping is my therapy...I will find a way to get something growing this year even if it is in pots!!!
 
Yes, we can do anything we want or need to, sometimes we have to use alternative means. I have quite a few roses. With hips over the last thr Years, yard fell behind. Too painful to keep up. Look forward to improvements this year.
 
Yay, finally Tboom.:yahoo:
We will be rooting you on! :yay::friends:
 
@Tboom Can you please tell me which hip you are having replaced on the 26th? I will pop the details into your signature for you.
 
@Tboom Can you please tell me which hip you are having replaced on the 26th? I will pop the details into your signature for you.
I will be having my right hip done this time.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
 
Yay, finally Tboom.:yahoo:
We will be rooting you on! :yay::friends:
Thanks Mojo333. I can't wait to be able to stand up and be level when I walk and eventually with no aid. Rehabbing until then then wide open afterwards.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
 
Look forward to you joining us as a double hippie!
 
Great news!
I'm happy to hear you have a date. It's going to be a wonderful Spring and Summer! :egypdance:
A great weekend to you!
@Tboom
 
:chuckmarch:you will be able to do this:yahoo:
 
Hey @Tboom
Ready for Round Two?
Thinking of you as you're getting ready to do it all over again.
10 days and you'll join the Double Hippie Club.
You know we'll be here cheering you on.
Wishing you comfort as you wait...
 
Thanks, and I am preparing for my big day. I have my pre admission on Monday. and then I will be doing my grocery shopping, laundry and getting my house in order the rest of this week. But mostly staying busy so the anxiety will stay at a minimum. I do not fear the operation or outcome this time around which is a blessing. Looking forward to waking up with my matching set and rehabbing my way to walking upright and without a walker or cane one day. My future looks bright!!! Spring is here or near and being outside walking and strengthening both my new hips is my plan of action asap. Of course have to take it easy at first, rest, ice and elevate is the only way to heal healthy and that's my only goal.
 
Yay, TBoom.
I know you have this..glad you will be all good to go.
Happy for you.
 
Two more sleeps @Tboom
I'll bet you're getting excited.
We'll be rooting for you....soon to be double hippie! :happydance:
Hope you're enjoying the weekend.
 
Thanks Layla, I know 2 more sleeps and Sunday night not much sleep will there be. Up at 3AM Monday Morn and get ready, do any last minute preps and off to hospital by 5AM. I am first in Monday morning!! Get er done an in recovery!! Trying to stay busy so time WON'T drag by.
 
@Tboom all the best on Monday! See you on the other side again soon!
 
Sleepless night but I will sleep while they replace my hip in a few hours. Oh boy am I ever ready. This last week has been horrible. The pain in my un-operated leg has escalated so fast. Trying to get my house in order has been tough. Pain meds just don't help the bone on bone grinding and popping pain. Optimistic about my near future with my new hips!! Happy Monday to All.
 
Best of all to you TBoom.
Let us know when possible...sending healing mojo in advance.
Yay for bye bye hip pain!:happyfeet:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom