My OS said Xray was good and he was impressed with my progress since leaving hospital. Started out-patient PT Friday and he is also impressed with my progress. 2 weeks on Monday since surgery and I am just super happy to have my new hips installed and almost pain free. No more bone on bone pain. Smiling as I type that. By the end of May, I hope to be fully functional and ready to get back to my life!!
Well I walked around the block Monday using my rollator and it felt great til the last few minutes. I had to keep stopping due to a little bit of pain and exhaustion. Then Tuesday morning when I got up moving around I had hip flexor pain. I think I over did it!!! I went on to PT but I took it easy. Been icing and resting since. Only hurts when getting in car and bed. I can walk fine with no pain or limp so I hope its nothing to serious. I am ready to do laps around the block asap but not til this issue heals up. I have PT again Friday but plan on taking it easy. Maybe there is some stretches or excercises that can help heal this without making it worse.
I have found that last few minutes of tiredness and pain is my body’s way of telling me enough. I try not to increase distance until I can handle the amount without it hurting. Those darned flexors like to let us know when they aren’t happy. With two surgeries so close together your body has lots of recovery to do.
The million dollar question on bonesmart.
The only way to get out of the ODIC (Overdid It Club) is to NOT do.
Hardest thing ever.
Ice, rest, easy short walks, and more ice and piles of patience...you will be back on track soon.
Behave, dear Tboom.
You are a pro with this hurry up and wait thing by now.
Thanks Mojo and MammaT. I know you both are wise and way ahead of me at this hip thing. My flexor is feeling better. I will definitely chalk that up as a life lesson and slow down a bit and maybe try to stretch and warm up some b4 trying to walk again. I sat out in the sun today it was 76 out; I just relaxed with some good music and worked on my tan. I think it helped heal me more than PT or walking. Y'all have a good weekend the weather is supposed to be beautiful!!!
I felt exactly the same with my recovery.
Good old vitamin D therapy
Birds a-birding, butterfly's a-fluttering, flowers a-blooming....
So good for you!
Anything lost can be regained after healing...only so much energy to go around.
Let the body do it's thing. Then you can barge in.
Hope you have a peaceful weekend!
Happy Friday!
Please take it easy in PT today so you don't end up back in the ODIC.
Slow and easy will get you where you want to be. At not even 3 weeks post op...it's so very early into recovery.
Relaxing in the sun at 76 degrees sounds heavenly We're in the midst of a Winter Storm Warning
Wishing you a beautiful, sunny peaceful weekend! @Tboom
I am 4 weeks out and life is so good. I Quit using the rollator last week. I still need a cane for balance and security. Its so nice to be able to actually walk after all this time. Taking it slow and steady. My leg muscles are getting stronger by the day. My 1st hip feels very strong and I have no hip pain from #2 hip unless I push it. I pulled weeds out of my raised flower bed and paid for it the next day. My hips did not hurt just my lower back. Its Been awhile since I have been able to do anything physical so muscle aches are expected. I feel human again. Years younger. Only those who have been thru this ordeal know the challenges that are faced and eventually conquered. Mobility is a precious gift that I will never take for granted.
Great update @Tboom ! Sounds like that second hip has made all the difference for you. I know what you mean about feeling younger - I feel exactly the same way!
Beautiful update!
It's a wonder how THR shows us all we took for granted before pain, limited flexibility and mobility set in.
A grateful heart you have @Tboom
May it only get better and better!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.