Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it... my random thoughts

Hi everyone!!!

Today was a great day, pain managed,:ice: all iced up. Took a nice hot shower in peace and quiet while the kiddos were in school. (and THAT IN ITSELF IS INCREDIBLE, hip or no hip) got great news from the pediatrician about something that had been concerning me with my littlest sidekick (5). :prayer:

Birthday party is under control! I definitely made the right choice by renting the little cafe.... I could not have handled all of those people here.


@Layla What a fun job that must have been! :yahoo:decorating with someone ELSE'S money!!!!

Ladies, I've lived in my home for 10 years.... my walls have NOTHING hung on them. It's shameful. I call it ..... paralyzed by indecision lolol

But the paint colors are beautiful. Lolol
Maybe I need a fun walpaper:heehee:


Patience is not my strong suit. I'm not a good "wait-er". Let me know if you pick up any tricks hipster...


Used to love throwing those for my kids. Let others help you-what matters is you will be there, not do everything.
You are exactly right! I'm going pace myself this week so I can make sure I can be there. I am totally giving the party over to someone else, and you know what???? I think I'm OK with it.

The location is about a 20 minute drive from my home. But there will be plenty of places for me to sit and rest. As long as I remember to bring my medication and stay on top of my drinking water I think I'll be OK and if not I'll have someone drive me home


@hipster333 In addition to being a veteran, my husband grew up in a military family. We just had a discussion the other day With our kids. He was telling them how often he moved, and they were so surprised to hear that this is the longest he has ever lived in one place. Unfortunately he has no decorating taste lol
 
Great news your prayers were answered on your little one...PTL

I like your party plan. It sounds well managed and I'll think you'll be okay
if you can just find a comfy spot to sit most of the time.

The decorating was fun and I miss it. I satisfy my itch with accessories.
Pulling a little switcharooney now and then. I have a storage area hubby refers to as my store.
So I shop my own stuff when I get bored! Sometimes I add to my stash too .....sssh :wink:

You sound really well. It's amazing that tomorrow is a week already. Just think how nervous you were
one week ago tonight :yikes: And now you're all fixed up and better! I love it!

Hope tommorow is great for you :loveshwr:
 
Lovely to read that your recovery is going well. Glad that your youngest is ok. The party sounds like it’s going to be fun
 
@Mascaramom glad to hear you're feeling better. The party is going to be great. That's a nice and fun distraction. Just enjoy the special time with your loved ones and let someone else do the work :heehee:
 
@Mascaramom so glad everything is ok with your daughter and ice and rest is working! Happy weekiversary! :loveshwr: I can't believe how quickly this week has gone!
This is my 17th house and we've been here 3 years now. We lived in our last house 14 years, which was my longest anywhere. I think we'll be here a while now. At least until the kids leave home.
Did you prep meals before surgery or is hubby good in the kitchen? I did a bunch of freezer meals which have worked out great. I asked my daughter to do dinner tonight and she says "mom I can't cook, I'm only 11!" to which I reply-"you dump the premade Ziploc bag of food into the crockpot and turn it on" She rolled her eyes at me and told me that's too hard. :sorry: Love preteens! Wow are things going to change around here! She's pretty good about doing other things I ask her to do--thank God.
Hope you have a great day!
 
Wow... just wow.....
I woke up this morning and had to ask the children what day it was. I slept the day away yesterday with the exception of going to my post op visit, and my home PT visit. Then I woke up long enough for the kids to come home from school and to pseudo-help with homework. And THEN I fell asleep while I was tuckng in the 5 year old. Maybe she was the one tucking ME in, I don't remember lol.


My OS showed me a picture that he took on his cell phone of my old hip.:flabber: All I can say is WOW! It definitely was not shiny, white, or round!
He changed my water proof dressing, but I was afraid to look at the incision. All of my sutures are inside so no staples to remove!! My husband took a picture of it maybe I'll have the courage to look at it later.

PT Has been surprisingly tough. I never realized how many muscles I wasn't using for all of those months. He says I'm doing great though.

I definitely climbed the stairs one too many times on Tuesday and felt it all day and all night last night.
Last night my husband took the 11 year old to her softball practice, a friend had dinner delivered to us, and me and the 5 year old had a quiet evening of dinner in bed and watching movies until we fell asleep...
@hipster333 I thought about doing freezer meals and all of that stuff before I left for surgery, however We are surrounded by a bunch of neurotic by nature Jewish moms and grandmas who love to cook and shower us with food. Who am I to complain.. Unfortunately, I got the neurotic genes, but I'm not the best cook nor do I like to do it lol... I did join a grocery delivery service, To keep it easy for hubs when he runs out of cereal and waffles lol
Your tween sounds JUST like the one living here.. :dubious:
 
If you rested that much yesterday @Mascaramom, your body needed it. I admire you climbing stairs. I don’t have an immediate need to do them, but home pt has assured me I will go to basement to do laundry before I am released. I know it is doable, but the stairs are at one end of the house, the laundry at the other. Those few hundred feet look like about 5 miles right now!

Understand not ready to look at pics yet. Maybe in time.

The nice thing about people bringing meals in is you get much more variety. Enjoy that!

Have a restful day. You’re doing great.
 
@MammaT I hear you on the laundry thing. My laundry room is downstairs behind the kitchen, I am making conscious effort to stay out of the kitchen and the laundry room because if I see it I will be more than tempted to try and straighten it up. My husband is trying his best to stay on top of everything and I am not going to complain. If I didn't have to climb the steps I don't think I would either.
Any signs of Spring where you are???
 
@Mascaramom
You are a sweet delight! I love your energy and the way you express yourself.

I'm happy to hear you got all that sleep because our bodies do their best repair work then.
Just think of all the healing that was happening :) :-) (:

I'm jelly you saw that hip pic. I don't know if I could gaze upon my actual bone because I'd be afraid I'd want to pick it up, wrap it up and cradle it like a baby, insert a few tears here > :cry:It was God given and it got me to a lot of places. Then I'm sure there would be some type of ceremonial burial :heehee: Had to insert some levity, I actually got emotional for a minute...Needless to say, a pic would have been nice.....I think :shrug:
I know, I may need a couch and a therapist.

Yay to neighbors who like to cook and SHARE. You're blessed. It helps and you get to try things you may never prepare yourself. Hope it's all good....cuz you never know :eeeuw:
I'm with you on the cooking. I'd rather scrub toilets.
I'm good at cleaning the mess, but making the mess....Nuh, uh!

You sound great. Hope your day is peaceful and relaxing :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Ah @Mascaramom I didn't realize you lived in a wonderful world where people cook for you. That's wonderful! I do love to cook and am missing the kitchen, but did prepare stuff ahead so I wouldn't have to worry about it.
I would have loved to see photos of my hip bone. Very cool! When I went to the hospital on Sunday and they changed the dressing I had my hubby take a picture of the incision too. I figure I'll look at it when it's all beautifully healed (or when the surgeon says I need to leave the dressing off). I'd prefer the former. Hubby says it looks a little like Frankenstein, which I would prefer not to think about right now. :heehee: Happy everything is going well for you and it sounds like you are much more relaxed now (I'm completely neurotic too, which is why I was so happy to find this forum prior to surgery). Keep :ice:you've got a big weekend coming up with the party and I'm sure it will be fabulous!
 
@hipster333 Don't be too jealous lol they only cook for me in times like this. They don't know how else to help. My hubs and kids are the true winners. Lolol Although the military has trained my husband well. He will eat anything I make because at least it tastes better than an MRE:rotfl::rotfl:
 
Last edited:
Those MRE (I do know a few of the phrases for what MRE stands for besides the real one) are still much better than the 1970s Era combat rations. My dad "found" some of those for us to take with us on vacation when we lived in Germany. We definitely came out on the right side of the trade when a German family, despite my dad's discouragement, insisted on trading their steaks for our c-rations because they wanted to try them!
 
@Layla

I’m not sure if I posted this or not, but I asked my surgeon to show me my old hip. I got a very kind “no”.
I have a friend who asked to see her hip section removed . She said the surgeon brought it in a container holding it like a precious jewel to show her. She had her phone handy and took a pic. She had a pain block only and had the presence of mind to even post it on her Facebook. :scare:
 
Hi @Mascaramom
Hoping you fully enjoy your daughters birthday party this weekend. I think you'll
do well if you don't get overly ambitious. I recall my energy level wasn't overabundant
at this point and I tended to tire easily. You'll be exposed to a great deal of excitement through laughter, loud voices, constant motion. Don't be surprised if it feels draining. Then again, it may not. I have some years on you.
I'm sure your daughter and her friends will have a blast. The theme you chose is adorable.
Wishing you a great weekend!
 
Praying you have a wonderful time at your daughter's birthday party and everything goes off without a hitch (best part of having it somewhere else) Relax and have fun! No clean up for you :yahoo:
 
Ok. Ok... so I have been posting everywhere. .. except here.
@MammaT Thanks for keeping me in line lol I think I have it figured out finally.

It's SATURDAY! And although I am limited in my abilities, I feel such relief. The weekends had become full of dread, instead of a welcome break from the week. Just the THOUGHT of disappointing the kiddos because I couldn't play, or take them to do any of the fun activities that the weekend should bring, Was almost as bad as the actual LOOK on their faces when I'd have to say no.

I'm tired, I'm sore, I'm well medicated, but instead of wishing for bedtime to hurry up, I making "staycation" plans for Spring Break. IM PLANNING ON ENJOYING it with everyone! Something I couldn't even imagine, only 3 weeks ago.
 
Tomorrow is the big birthday party day. I'll admit, I cannot get rid of this feeling that I have forgotten something. And that's probably because I have done nothing except create the invitation. It feels kind of awkward and I am resisting the urge to continuously call the lady that owns the cafe and ask her what I can do to help.
 
I think we all have problems with letting go of things when we are used to being in charge regardless of out stage of life. I have not looked at work emails for two weeks - I have turned it all over to my staff-that is really hard for me ( but it is giving me a taste of what retirement can be like, especially because I will be mobile). It was hard for me to ask friend to take me to doc for script. She and I talked about how we independent old ladies have trouble with that.

I am sure your daughter’s party will be fine. There may be some things where you think you may have handled differently, but kids don’t usually notice that stuff, just our perfectionist moms. What matters is you made arrangements that are best for your family this year and you are doing what you need to do to get fully back involved with your kids and husband.

Rest up today so you can enjoy tomorrow @Mascaramom
 
Hey @Mascaramom
Just sit back and relax tomorrow. I'm sure your daughter and friends will thoroughly enjoy the party.
You deserve a break, especially now and she's not getting shortchanged in any way so all is good!
Find a comfy place to park it, take pics and EAT CAKE! Sounds like fun!
Hope your day is good!
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom