Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it... my random thoughts

@Mascaramom happy to hear you are doing so well! You're such a good mom to be so worried about your kids. It is very exciting to be able to start making plans now! When is your March break? I always get that feeling like I've forgotten something. I'm sure the day will be perfect--just the fact that you will be there sharing it with your daughter will make it perfect. Just relax and enjoy! Hugs to you. :friends: Have a great weekend!
 
Funny how good you feel when you are feeling great, but then when you realize you have forgotten to take your pain medication again..... oooooohhhh boy....

So my husband has our oldest off at softball tryouts again, and the little one is sitting in bed with me, coloring, as I try and relax.

I would like to make note however, because it seems kind of odd, that I have absolutely 0 bruising? And have had very minimal swelling. My temporary booty has seemed to disappear.
I don't want to speak too soon, or look a gift horse in the mouth as they say.

The kids will have a week off of school 3/19-23
And of course we have the weekends Before & After making it a nice long break. Hubs will have to work for most of it because of the time he took off for my recovery, but we should still be able to make something work. One of the benefits of living in a touristy area is there's always a place to take a stay-cation
 
I have no bruising either. I looked at a lot of the hippie scars and was pleased. I do have a question for all of you

HOW DO YOU SHAVE YOUR LEGS without breaking 90? How long is this 90?
 
Isn’t it amazing how quickly we can fall asleep @Mascaramom. One minute we’re focused on something and then we’re out. I’m not brave enough for long handle on razor, but have done pretty good job with electric razor. While I don’t have the 90 restriction, I don’t think my hip wants to do that anyway.

Rest up this morning so you can enjoy cheering along at the party. I’m sure it will be a success.
 
You are doing so well. Give it all the rest time you can and hope all goes well for party.
Yay for new hip.:egypdance:
 
Im so nervous guys.... hubs did laundry, so Ive got the kids some outfits together. And now for me....
Lol
It's going to be a sunny 80° today. Weather not really conducive to TED HOSE!!!! Lol

I'm going to have to SHAVE and find something to wear!
 
Happy Sunday!
Don't be nervous....80 degrees and sunny sounds perfect!
You'll be adorable no matter what you decide to wear.
Take it slow, relax and enjoy. It's going to be a great party!
Hugs
@Mascaramom
 
Hope your party goes great today! This just reminded me that I should shave my legs today while I am still a few days out from surgery. I am also reminded of how we can take the little things for granted. I'll shave today, but then luckily I won't have to worry about it weeks, maybe months! Oh and 80 degrees sounds wonderful! I was getting excited about expected 42!
 
Have a fabulous time today at the party @Mascaramom! It's going to be so much fun. I envy you the outing and the weather sounds perfect. TED hose and all (glad I didn't need those). The shaving gets easier every time I use the giraffe. Now that I know how to use it properly I may never go back to not using it. it makes shaving in the shower so much easier! Can't wait to hear all about the big day. Just relax :loveshwr:
 
Hi!
Hoping the party went well. I'll bet it was fun and I'm sure your daughter and her friends loved it!
Wondering how you held up.....
I hope you're catching up on some rest if needed. Missing you and your sunny energy.
Best wishes for a relaxing evening!
@Mascaramom
 
Awful right??? @hipster333

The last 2 days have been quite hectic and exhausting. The party was wonderful, I definitely overdid it physically. Fortunately it wasn't a large venue so although I was on my feet much more than I should have been I wasn't really walking far. Just seeing the girls smiles, and hearing their giggles was incredible medicine for me.
The next day I certainly paid for it. I had been trying to reserve my pain medication Sarurday, to make sure I had enough to get me through Sunday and that left me really uncomfortable By the time Monday came around.

Monday I was sore, tired, emotionally over the rollercoaster of recovery, tired of feeling tired, angry that my husband doesn't run the house the way I do (I do acknowledge however, his way it's no better than mine just different And definitely includes more junk food lol)
I cried and slept most of Sunday night, into Monday.

Then there are the UPSIDES!
Sometimes I kind of feel guilty reporting when I feel well, because so many of you are struggling. Then there is a part of me that needs people who are still frightened to know that there is a best case scenario also, I suppose? I had no staples or stitches on the outside, all of my sutures are inside and I was glued shut. Lol
I still have absolutely no bruising and my incision as healing very well. I'm trying to leave it open to air but I can't bring myself to look at it lol.

I only used the Walker for the 1st day I was home, by the 2nd day I was hobbling on a cane and making too many trips up-and-down the steps. Now I keep the cane close by, rarely using it and I still make too many trips up-and-down the steps lol

My husband returns to work tomorrow after 16days off, and because he works nights He eats dinner at 3pm ( Which I have always had a struggle with making sure it was prepared so early with all of the other things going on during the day) and he leaves the house at 4, returning home at 7:00 a.m. just in time to drive the oldest to elementary school. I am a bit nervous as that is when I have the least amount of energy to wrangle the kids for dinner and bed.
I do have some friends close by who are willing to help me play mom taxi and I'm sooooooo grateful but I am READY to take my life back. If only I could heal on MY schedule.

I just had some groceries delivered, so let's see if I can whip up something decent tonight. Cooking is not my strong suit
 
@Mascaramom

Please know we all are so happy recovery is going so well for you - if I can speak on others’ behalf lol.

I personally want to know the good and bad about recovery and hearing your story helps. Having small children in addition to a new hip makes everything more challenging. I am single and have to only worry about me during recovery. I envy your family life, it gives me a big smile and wouldn’t mind having someone else to worry about besides myself.

Keep doing great!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom