THR Made it... my random thoughts

:welome:Welcome to the bionic mommy club!!! Wish the membership dues didn't involve titanium, but it is SO much better than the pain. So sorry about the migraine. Ouch! Rest and revel in the helpers. After 3 weeks, it was basically hubby, me, and the 2 & 4 yr old. The kids were looking at me like......what do you mean that there aren't any more fun family on the way?!?! :spin: Your crew seems older so they will be able to be great helpers (I found your pre-op worries thread, since I am starting to prep for #2). Sometimes my oldest liked a 'job' so I put him on ice pack duty. It made him feel helpful in the middle of a confusing time.

Post surgical pillow placement becomes an art form. So keep making adjustments. Keep on those stool softeners! The pain meds gave me fits in the potty. :bored:

Since you have some adorable puppy love....a 'puppy wrangler kid job' might be great when you are managing the stairs.
 
Glad I don’t have to tackle this with young ones, but I did have other surgeries and they really seem to like helping.

Confusion on day happens @AgilityDog. Our brains stay a little fuzzy so it is to be expected. I recall years go they used to emphasize not making any major decisions soon after surgery.

Enjoy your Sunday. You re in a warm place, we have a high of 34 and freezing rain. :boohoo:
 
Last edited:
Good Morning,
I hope the coffee helped with the headache. If not, sure hope the nuisance of a thing goes
away today. I'll bet you'll seek out some shower relief again. Whatever works....

You're forming your thoughts just fine. You come across completely coherent but I know what you mean.
It seems the thought process is slower for a time. You'll have plenty of time to cheer other's on later, as you do so very well.

Snuggle with the puppy, steal kisses and hugs from the girls and sneak in some naps.
Hope your day is great!
@Mascaramom
 
@Dive17 I'm counting down to that 8 week mark! Thanks for the reassurance!

@Jaycey and @SaraK I have a new found respect for people who suffer from migraines on a regular basis. Never in my life would I have imagined a headache could hurt so bad. It does seem to be easing up a bit today just in the background, for example if I cough.... I'm glad you both found some relief. I can't imagine poor kiddos having that kind of pain.

@MammaT come visit me any time, The underwater world is amazing!... Ill show you The most beautiful colors you have ever seen since.... the 60's-70's lol

@Gretel And @Mireille Thank you so much for checking in on me and for your encouragement.

@AgilityDog Your husband sounds like a trip lol laughter is the best medicine and it sounds like the 2 of you keep each other in stitches for lack of a better term lol

@Layla I used to do this really cool move in the car. My girls called it the tushy twist lol I basically would lift both knees and twist myself on my tush, toward the drivers side door So that I could let my right foot down before my left lol not looking forward to doing that dance again. Feeling a little bit intimidated about getting in-and-out of the car. Good thing I don't have to for a few days.

@mcopt How are you feeling and how are the pups adjusting to being home?

@Toddlermom you are a rock star!!! My kiddos are 5 and about to be 11, they definitely like to have jobs those are great ideas! Thank you

@hipster333 Did I just read somewhere that your husband was painting while you're resting? And wrangling the kids? You guys are a force to be reckoned with...
Personally I'm a little jealous lol I'm addicted to decorating so I have been on Facebook stalking the decorating sites and pretending that someone from HGTV will be knocking down my door any day now...

@Jackie222 So funny that you say that about your cats. The second the puppy left my side the cat laid lengthwise along my thigh just like you described. Animals are amazing creatures aren't they??
 
Well @Mascaramom you certainly sound chipper this morning! Good to hear headache is fading. We vacationed in Desin for a number of years- loved the deep sea fishing. Brother currently lives in Melbourne, May be going there for a wedding on beach later in the year.

I know that spring will be here in the next few weeks. Things turning green is always so beautiful. This year I will be enjoying it all more.

Have a comfy Sunday.
 
@Mascaramom hi that headache really hit you hard didn't it have read about them just bad luck and being younger I think hopefully it will ease now . Dogs back home now it was helpful havung them boarded for the first week the big one Saxon is a Rottweiler german shepherd cross 6 next week very gentle but he does just plonk himself where you want to go doorways etc I think its his guarding instinct he has to watch where everyone is but it means climbing over him all the time and the youngster Olly is a black lab nearly 2 and loves chasing the cats round the house:catbutterfly::doggie: so could have been an accident waiting to happen to start with but i am quite stable now so no problem just the huge boarding fee :yikes:. Took myself for a walk round the village this morning only took one stick should of used 2 as old leg started complaining new one was ok will be easier with 2 next time . Keep up the good recovery little and often.
 
Hahaha! On the car move. The things we do. I did one I named
the Tarzan Maneuver. I saw a guy swing into his car one day just by accident.
I found it odd and wondered why he did it till I TRIED IT! It worked and I would get into my car
that way pre-op. I've continued afterward because it's become so second nature and my SUV
Is too high to back up to and plunk down on my rear.

Glad to hear that headache is fading. Hope your day is comfy, cozy and peaceful!
@Mascaramom
 
Last edited:
Feeling a little bit intimidated about getting in-and-out of the car.
Are you under any restrictions like not moving past 90 degrees? Post #2 on this thread has a video that shows how to get in and out of a car just post op. Put a plastic bag on the seat helps you swivel easily.
 
This was taken in December he lay with me every day. He doesn’t do it as often now I’m well on the road to recovery. Much to hubbys relief as Max used only sit with him!! :loll:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Made it... my random thoughts
    63B8F714-D2C7-48C9-BE58-F221AD9030E5.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 165
@Mascaramom ....that is so precious! Both dog and cat, same reaction,
Animals are so intuitive! Natural comforters.
Hope your day is going well so far.



Aww, Jackie....how precious!
Lovin on momma. What a comfort at the perfect time. Love those little critters!
Warm wishes for a great week :loveshwr:
@Jackie222
 
@Mascaramom how are you feeling this morning? Just left a msg for my OS just so he's aware I'm having the bit of discharge. Hip feels a bit better today and walking a bit more fluid, mind you I did up my Percocet to the previous dosage so that is helping too. :) I love decorating! I actually even love the paining part, but it's been years since I've really been able to help with that part. I did a diploma in interior decorating and some courses in home staging for fun. I wish I had the money to implement all of the stuff I'd like to do, but just like our hips--it's baby steps. Always amazes me the difference a can of paint can make!
We have two cats. One of them is loving me being in bed so much. She has someone to cuddle with. I was worried because she always used to try sleeping on my legs, but it's like she knows and has been cuddling on my side.
I can't remember the date for your daughter's birthday party. How are the plans coming? Do you still have the headache? Anyways, have a wonderful day!
 
@hipster333 I am so glad today sounds like a better day for you. Us moms are used to just pushing ourselves and pushing ourselves and this is one of those cases where we need to be reminded that it's OK to recover.

I've always loved interior decorating. I have so many ideas but just can't seem to make them come to life lol. I love painting also. My husband thinks I'm crazy but I truly enjoy it.

My daughter's birthday party is on Sunday. And it's coming along great Just waiting for a few more RSVPs
 
Thanks for kind word in bumblebee’s preop thread. We all help each other through this. It’s great seeing you group of youngsters getting this taken care of. I am so excited for your daughter’s birthday party. Used to love throwing those for my kids. Let others help you-what matters is you will be there, not do everything.
 
Last edited:
You two surgery sisters are so cute!
Hope you're having a great day @Mascaramom
hipster333 just jogged my memory with her post above.
THE PARTY....this weekend! Gauging by the way you're feeling now do you think an appearance
for a time is in the cards? Praying so. I'll bet if you feel up to it and can chill there without being be too active you'll do great!

Decorator here myself....HUGE passion,
no degree but I was able to decorate model homes for years LOVE! MISS! :bawl:
Maybe we can start a company Happy Hipsters Home Fixer Uppers :happydance:
Hugs to you!
 
@Mascaramom you sound like you're completely organized for this party! That's so great! Your daughter must be so excited! Still six days til the party, you should be good. At least for a bit. Just take a nice nap ahead of time. I know how easy that is to do with the kids running around :rotfl: Are you feeling better today? I'm finding each day gets a little easier--starting to get frustrated not able to go out and things not getting done on my schedule, but maybe this is just me having to learn patience. We can help you with your decorating to distract you while you are recovering. :)
@Layla that's so awesome that you used to decorate model homes. What a fun job that would be! I can imagine you miss it. Love love love the name recommendation. Too funny.:heehee: Do you find you move your furniture around a lot and repaint? I drive my husband crazy with that. I grew up in a military family so we moved all the time and I always loved having new rooms. When we got married I told my husband that we could either repaint rooms when they get boring or I'd have to find somewhere else to live. :heehee: 16 years later we have moved once and painted quite a few rooms but we're still together. :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom