THR Made it... my random thoughts

I think she's worried. How can perfect omnipotent Mommys have issues?
What if it happens to her?
I think she wonders how supermom can be hurting like this?
 
On the subject of kids- while I don't have any of my own, I interact with at risk teens, as I work with kids who have mental health issues. When I told one of the girls the reason as to why I would be off for a while, her response was: Wow!! That's exciting!!!!"
I forget to be excited. The fear, and anxiety have a way of taking over. Bu yes, a new hip IS exciting!!!
 
@sequin98 you're absolutely right! A new hip IS exciting!! So many things are opening up to us that we haven't been able to do, some of us for years. :happydance:
@Mascaramom 1/2 hr is better than nothing! Hopefully you'll have more "you" time tomorrow--and not during PT.:heehee:
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I hope your PT session goes well today and you're able to sneak in
another half hour of peace on the couch before all the madness starts :gaah:
Our coping skills definitely take a hit in the early stages of recovery.
But hold onto this - IT DOES GET BETTER. That's a promise!
Hugs, hugs and more hugs :friends:
 
I can't believe it has been a MONTH!!!
AND I CELEBRATED by taking advantage of my husband being home today, and I took 2 naps, did NOT cook dinner, did NOT drive 1 kid ANYWHERE! I think he was a bit annoyed that he spent his 1 day off running like crazy, but OH WELL! At least he tried to hide it. :heehee:

My body was TIRED! I NEEDED the break. I even cancelled PT!


The chaos resumes tomorrow :) AND 1 month check up with the surgeon!
 
Good for you! If he gets annoyed, remind him that he's only doing what you do everyday while you also try to recover from MAJOR SURGERY! Glad you got 1 day of rest to celebrate your month. Good luck at checkup tomorrow.
 
Totally get what you mean about spouse @Mascaramom. my husband worked second shift for years, so I worked full time, got kids to schooll/child care/sports, meals, house. And then when he needed to fill in I heard about how tough he had it! We had some very interesting discussions on the issue.

Glad you got a day of rest. Take advantage of them when they come. Good luck with visit today.
 
Hi @Mascaramom
Happy One Month Anniversary!
So great you were able to catch up on some sleep yesterday.
I'm sure with all of the activity of the day, your husband will
have a new appreciation for all you do even if he doesn't admit it.
Best wishes for your appt with the surgeon today. Let us know how it goes.
Hugs!
 
Hope all great news today.
That one month appointment was a wonderful reassurance for me...
Have a good day
 
Thanks @Fractured ! Nice to meet you. :wave:

Friends, I am so ecstatic today! Completely without thinking... I walked up.... and then back down Because I was in disbelief , and then backup again just to make sure, 5 stairs..... Using both legs...one in front of the other.... Without pain!!!
Dare I say, I FORGOT !! For just a split second. It was heavenly.
I got a glimpse of getting my life back and it brought me to tears.

I had a great visit with OS yesterday . He called me his rock star patient, lol. Walking in there completely unassisted.....
I did however completely skip PT this week. My muscles were so sore everything hurt me but my hip, so I laid off all of the exercise like you guys have suggested. I felt much better today and will proceed with home exercises and reschedule some outpatient next week if I'm feeling good.


I completely ignored the mess in my house today, and rested for 3 solid hours. My husband's work schedule, as you know has just ramped up and I'm looking at him only having 2 days off in the next 2 weeks. I am trying to pace myself and think ahead with some freezer meals a bit more, (thank you again for that inspiration @hipster333 )

I still get VERY tired, VERY quickly, But I haven't taken a pain pill in 48 hours, and I have only had to ice at night for the incision swelling.

No swimming yet though.... not until the scab is completely gone. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's gone by Spring break!
 
What a nice update @Mascaramom
I'm so happy you were able to navigate the steps normally, as opposed to toddler style :yes!:
It is emotional to realize you can once again move about without pain. I had those moments
getting out of my vehicle without manually lifting my leg and slowly lowering / straightening it.
Made me cry too realizing that pain was gone and I could just lower my leg on it's own.
Those moments reinforce the benefits of surgery, helping us accept the limitations of early recovery and offers confirmation we didn't make a mistake. Best thing.....it only gets better and better! You'll have little surprises months from now.

Good news on your visit with the OS! Wise move in skipping PT if you're hurting. PT can wait.
The messy house thing is hard. I remember that. I broke down one day on the phone, at my wits end, and feeling frustrated because I could only handle so much. Thankfully my mom and sister came to my rescue. If you get offers of help....take advantage because you'll feel better and be less stressed.

Sleep, sleep, sleep when you're able if you're tired. So good for you!
I hope your night is comfy, cozy, peaceful.
Big hugs to you!
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom