Guest viewing is limited

THR Made it... my random thoughts

@Layla i cracked up at the above - i always think the same things like "what ELSE is the dr gonna say? Well we got in there & whoa nelly! Only the very outer layer of that hip ball was bad, the inside was good as new!"! Haha!!!
I had 3 diff drs take their OWN xrays (bc the ones i brought in were never clear enough , and all 3 were like "ohhhh yehhh, these are badddd.... howd you last this long? Or "wow! These are SHOT! Def both need to come out" after the 3rd i finally gave in.... (sigh)
 
@Mascaramom that's awesome that you're doing so well! :dancy:Up and down stairs normally without realizing it is HUGE! Glad the freezer meal ideas are helping. I can't imagine not feeling tired all the time anymore. Even when I try to sleep I can't during the day. The good news is that I'm sleeping at night and have been able to sleep a bit on both sides now. :yay:Don't worry about the house--it will all get done eventually. You've got this!:flwrysmile:
 
@Mascaramom You should be very proud. I'm 6 months post revision THR and I'm still doing stairs like a toddler! My hip is good... My thigh muscles, tendons & nerves... Eh not so good LOL
 
I'm still amazed at how DIFFERENT everyone's recovery is. And how your own recovery can CHANGE so much, day by day.
I was so excited to be able to accomplish these little post op milestones, that I felt invincible.... for a day....
Yesterday I felt so good, I thought (which was my first mistake) .... that I could get some fresh air, take the little one, and go watch my 11 year old at her softball practice. Knowing full well that would entail a lot of walking. Inevitably that ended with me trying to chase around the 5 year old, who got really bored after an hour and I didn't really get to see anything anyway.
I paid for it.... I was SOOOOOOO sore today. Which really depressed me. I felt like I ruined my progress. And that although its only been a month, it feels like forever. Cabin fever is setting in.
Long weekends with just me and the girls. I feel SO GUILTY
I know I shouldn't... I know I don't have to entertain them 24/7. They are good kids. Smart, creative, funny. I know they have plenty to do at home. But....... I do. I feel guilty that we can't GO, AND DO, AND ENJOY the weekends. I feel guilty that I'm still needing help. It's ridiculous. I know.... but it is what it is.
Hubs has 1.... yes 1.... day off out of the next 10...
Which means Spring break stay cation isn't happening, BUT the kiddos will be in "camp" doing ALL KINDS of fun things, swimming, crafts, gymnastics, cooking.
And IIIIIIIIIIII will have a BREAK! EVERY DAY from 9-3:30!!! No mom taxi! Just drop off and pick up. Both kids, same camp, same time. No different schools, no different drop off times, no softball practice. No Hebrew School. I am THRILLED!

Sorry about the whining.... I'm just spent.....
 
I view recovery much like Maslow"s pyramid of needs. It is difficult to think about luxuries like self actualization if our basic needs aren't being met. Similarly, our need for outside stimulation increases as we recover further. When were in pain or having difficulty moving, we're satisfied with our small healing space. As we feel better, paradoxically, we get dePressed because our space isn't big enough and we want to get back to life - sometimes leading us to pain or discomfort - which restarts the cycle. Just know that you'll venture further sand do more as time progresses - you will find the recovery equivalent of self actualization. It's just going to take a bit more time.

Ok - philosophy lecture over - enjoy your week with the girls at day camp - it may not be a starvation for them but it is for you!
 
Don’t beat yourself up @Mascaramom. You are doing well at the almost 5 week mark. Mom guilt can push us to do more than we should. I think the kids week at camp is just what you need, and the kids will love it.
 
@Mascaramom camp is a win-win for everyone! Sorry the stay cation didn’t work out, but there will be a next time and you’ll be ready for it! I know what you mean about thinking you’re ready for stuff then pushing yourself too hard. I did that yesterday with one 1/2 hr icing break before supper. Paying for it today with more pain and swelling. Starting to feel better but it is frustrating. Grrrr. My kids are off this weekend and both home. My daughter has a friend coming over a few days so be entertained for part of it. Enjoy your day!
 
It's SO easy to overdue. We just want to get back to "n o r m a l" life. Yesterday, took a longer walk outside and surprized my husband by "shuffling" across the living room WITHOUT my cane....just because I COULD do it.
Paid for it by nighttime in aching.:no-fin: Oh well, we live and learn. ((Hugs to all!))):flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Mascaramom
Recovery can be a bit of a roller coaster ride. Up one day, down the next.
I'm sure you're missing the idea of the Spring break staycation but your kids will love day camp
and have a blast. It will allow you to get the rest you're needing as you continue to heal.
I hope you have a peaceful week.
 
Alright you guys. .
Today I felt a sensation, a pain, that I have never felt. It started with a feeling that someone was poking their thumb straight into the center of my left "cheek".... HARD! That feeling turned to a burning, bruised, type pain on the WHOLE side of my tush and down the back of my thigh. ALL Day! WHAT the He** is THAT???

I've been taking it easy since Saturday when I found myself completely disregarding the 90゚ restrictions and moving way too much! I haven't been this uncomfortable in a couple weeks! I think I learned my lesson. I'm a bit freaked out....
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom