THR Made it... my random thoughts

I feel so much better now that I don't See those silver sparkly strands.

@Layla I DEFINITELY need a change of scenery. Other than a different Palm tree lol it's hard to get a change of scenery living all the way down here. It's a 6 hour drive just to get out of the state of Florida. Sometimes we would do the theme parks but that obviously can't happen right now lol but most of the time we just toured different beaches and resort pools. My kids love the pool! Morning till night

@hipster333 our little pup is almost 9 months old. A 15pound dachshund/Beagle mix. I've never owned a dog before, so this is new territory. When we drove to North Georgia in the beginning of November (yes, even with that AWFUL hip pain I sat in a SUV, drove 10 hours, and pretended I was ok most of the time. . Ahhh the memories, lolol)
we took her with us. That WAS a lot of fun actually.

My Incision is OK most of the time, it swells up just in that area which tended to look like someone implanted a foot long hot dog under my skin lol
But there are times especially in the evening or if I haven't taken my pain medication where it starts to have these weird stabbing sensations. Almost like the stitches are coming through but they aren't lol.
Ice definitely helps.

I'm sooooo glad you're able to use the cane! How bout the steps??? Have you tried again?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Made it... my random thoughts
2 adults
2 kids 5 and 11
1 housebroken puppy :)
 
@Mascaramom ugg I'm been having those stabbing sensations in incision all day. ice and meds are all that even thing that help a bit Cane is going much better. using it all the time during the day now except outside. Planning on moving back upstairs in 1.5 weeks (once room is finished being painted and I am able to get some extra armrests for the toilet. Seat is 18" inches high so my elevated seat would be way to high (on tiptoes as it is with elevated seat on shorter seat. I'll leave that downstairs and just get some armrests so I can maintain 90 degrees for foreseeable future.
Puppy sounds like a great addition to your family! Plus extra snuggles are always nice when you're feeling down.:puppysmooze: Have a great night!:sleep:
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I hope your day is going well and that you're feeling progress in your recovery.
There are some ups and downs but eventually it levels out.
Hope you're catching up on rest and sneaking in some "me" time.
Hugs and warm wishes for a great afternoon and evening!
 
@hipster333 I FORGOT about the purple bedroom :rotfl:
Oh I bet you'll be THRILLED to have it completed.

Thank you @Layla today was a good day, emotionally. It was nice to smile for most of the day.

I'm still taking 1 Percocet in the morning around 8 and one in the afternoon or early evening. I really am up and moving a lot, out of necessity, and im STIFF and SORE by 2pm. That's when the action starts around here ;)

Anyway. I'm going to try 1/2 of a pill tomorrow. Maybe......

Oldest is at softball with "aunt pam"
Hubs is at work.
Now it's bedtime for the 5yr old.
Wish me luck! :scare:
 
@Mascaramom I know it's hard to get rest post surgery because unfortunately life doesn't "wait" for us to catch up. The best we can do is manage our pain and try to rest as much as we possibly can. Everything will be back to normal soon with the exception that we'll have a painless hip. The reward for all this is not too far ahead. :egypdance:

I hope you have a good and restful evening! :flwrysmile:
 
@Mascaramom I'm so glad that you had a better day today and were able to smile! :loveshwr:Hopefully your five year old was good and just wanted a story and some snuggles before going straight to sleep.
I wouldn't worry about the medication. Up until today I've had to take the Percocet on a regular basis. That stinging almost did me in yesterday. Today no stinging and no Percocet. Who knows what tomorrow holds! It'll work itself out. Hugs to you. I hope you have a great night! :friends:
 
Confession time....
Would you belive I FORGOT about my hip for s SPLIT second. Yeah not such a bad thing I guess , except for the fact that when I tried to stand up from the kneeling position which I never should have been in, in the 1st place, instead of using my good leg, I attempted to stand on my operated one. That sent a SHOT of pain from my groin to my toes.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous now that I ruined something. I'm kinda freaked out
 
@Mascaramom you are kind of my hero. Doing this while wrangling children! I can kick my recliner back or go to bed and sleep. You are still on duty. Just go as slowly as you kiddos will allow and rest in between. I still cannot figure out how to become a back sleeper so I still belong to the night walkers. :bored:
 
Great news on forgetting to had a new hip. Bag news on the pain. I sure it was just a one off due to using muscles that have not been used for awhile and it will soon settle down and you won’t have caused any damage. Get some ice on it :flwrysmile:
 
Do not worry! Getting up off the floor was my biggest worry in the first few months. I tried it lots of different ways....with varying degrees of success? Eventually things heal and the muscles strengthen. I was changing diapers on the floor at 3-4 weeks. (It felt easier than lifting a wiggling 2 year old up to the changing table.) But I kept a dining room chair in the middle of the playroom so I had leverage to get back up! Rest up mamma!
 
@Mascaramom how is the hip feeling today? It's great that you forgot about the hip--though not so great in the position. Now I'm very thankful I have no diapers to change. Poor you @Toddlermom --don't miss those days even when I had a working hip.
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I missed your post somehow last evening.
Please don't worry, I'm sure all is well but it must have been scary to feel that jolting pain.
How are you feeling today? If sore, just ice the area.
I hope you're catching up on rest and enjoying quit time while the kids are in school.
Brace yourself.....the weekend is almost upon us :heehee:
Things that normally don't bother us can definitely feel magnified during recovery.
But you're handling it all well. I hope today is peaceful!
 
@Mascaramom - most of us can't wait for the weekend. Do you look forward to the week when you can spend more time taking care of you than the kids? I love my sons but do remember celebrating a few times when it was Monday and I could take my oldest back to daycare and go to work (although, sometimes that also resembles taking care of toddlers)!
 
Hi @Mascaramom
Stopping by to say Hi. Wondering how you're doing the last couple days.
Hopefully you got some extra rest this week and are ready for the weekend.
You're coming up on 4 weeks already. Time sure flies when you're having fun :heehee:
Wishing you a great weekend with the fam!
 
@Mascaramom you are cracking me up!!! We have so much in common... I just joined this forum, having my surgery on the 23 of March and am 45. My sons already asked if I could bring home my bone for our dog. Lol I have the cup still will my gall stones as well hahahaha please let me know how you are doing... And thank you for having such great posts to read!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom