THR Made it... my random thoughts

Omg. @SaraK Every step I take feels like someone is poking me in the cheek with their thumb! I get the same sensation in my upper thigh. My 5 year old thinks it's hysterical when I say my gluteus Maximus hurts. At least we get a giggle But, (no pun intended..) I can honestly say I've never felt anything like it
 
@Mascaramom i taught high school for 30 years and I feel so helpless in this recovery. Not understanding much of it. I went with oldest daughter to a large furniture store. Tottered all over the store happy as s clam. Today I hurt all over. Geez!!!!! Trying to decide if I “can make” a 4 hour trip to Tulsa! WHAT??!!! It’s two months, I should be fine- right? :rofsign: I get sooooo frustrated because it changes day to day.
 
I know it's easier said than done, but (no pun intended) the best thing to do for that muscle in your tush is to rest it. My PT also had me walking more back on my heels to keep from activating the muscle. I know you've been putting PT off with it, but PT can triage and massage - might get you going sooner. I can also say that, while I lost some muscle tone with my extended break, once my muscle healed, I started getting flexibility back quickly. Just give it a fighting chance.

Hope you can get rid of the pain in your tush (the muscle one, not any little humans or husband).:heehee:
 
The voice in my head repeating, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Does it sound like my voice?...:curtsey:
So glad it is easing..you have so much on your plate. Hopefully you can get some downtime while children are in school today.
:wave:
 
Hope things settle down for you @Mascaramom. I have great admiration for those of you going through this with kids. Much harder to put some things on hold. Rest and ice are still our friends, even though we want to leave them behind.
 
My gluteus Maximus is painful too. You’re not alone there! Think I overdid it walking yesterday. It felt so great the first walk that I went out again for a long walk after doing the stationary bike. Paying for it today. :( hopefully hubby is done these long hours soon so he can help you out. Good thing your put the kids in camp for spring break. Mine just finished theirs and I have to say it’s blissfully quiet here, although I will be hearing back to work next week so need to get my butt in gear to get this place in shape to be able to cope with going back.
 
Last edited:
Does it sound like my voice?...:curtsey:
Why , yes.... Yes it does!! :rofsign::rofsign::rofsign:




@hipster333 I'm not sure I could handle Having to get dressed, go to work and deal with people everyday at this point lol I'm rooting for you.

Spring camp is literally a godsend. I am stuck in this very odd place. My body wants to physically GO GO GO. But my energy levels DO NOT agree. I'm still SO TIRED after simple tasks. Although I am performing the tasks with greater ease so I guess I'll take it!
Of course the kids can also recognize that I am in far less pain than I have been in many months. Just the over all look about me. of course they expect me to be 100% on the inside because I look a 100% only outside. I just CAN'T keep up with them yet.

even though we want to leave them behind.
I ABSOLUTELY do. But recognize now, that I can't. Just having 1 or 2 good days really gave me a false sense of security. I realized last night that I had quit "cold turkey" on the ice and Tylenol..... for no good reason. Just tired of it all.

6 weeks today.......


I find cats difficult enough!
My 2 are unimpressed with my physical limitations :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:


And dogs @sequin98 - they want out right after you have sat back down
I swear the puppy WAITS for me to be comfortable to ring her potty bells... sometimes just because she wants to chase squirrels
 
Post op energy drain sapped my strength too.
So annoying, as you say, when you are physically so much better off.
Lots of deep healing still going on and your body needs that energy and will siphon it off to do what it needs to.
This too, will continue to improve.
Hang in there and have a great week.
 
Hi, I have a question about the potty bell. I’ve tried to train my little dog to use one by ringing it myself, then using her paw to ring it, taking her out, bringing her back and giving a treat. Didn’t work. In fact she’s frightened of the noise and I’ve tried three different types of bell. Any suggestions?
 
Yes! @Gidget A TEEEEENY bit of Peanut butter. And as soon as she touches it with her tongue take her straight outside and then come straight back and take her out every single time she licks that peanut butter until she recognizes that that jingle is what gets her outside.
I use teeny jingle Bells that I bought at the craft store on a lanyard and I have it attached with A 3M strip next to my door
 
I hadn’t thought of the treat being on the bell itself..what a great idea. Lily is very food motivated. I’ve never given her a treat when she peed just verabal reward and hand clapping etc. Because of my wheelchair I can’t leave the path to go to her on the lawn to reward her but I’ll try calling her over when she’s finished and reward her then. I’m very grateful for your hints. Thank you.
 
No problem. I hope it helps. My Shayna is very food motivated too. It only has to be a little smear of peanut butter. She will learn quickly, they also learn quickly that you will take them out EVERY time we ring the Bells. There are many times we have to go out count to 5 and turn right around and come back and because we know that she doesn't have to go yet we do not want to deter her from using the Bells when necessary. She grew out of that rather quickly but she still knows when it's time to go Chase the squirrels :heehee::heehee::heehee:
 
Lola uses bells also. I thought jingle bells hanging from the door handle of the French doors looked tacky so I bought s cute shop to use. It was too loud. Went back to jingle bells.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom