THR Made it... my random thoughts

Yes! @Layla that does sound like it!!!! Thank you. I can't do the stretches listed due to the 90° rule, but
I will schedule a PT appointment ASAP and see if they can help. In the mean time, Meds and ice!
Wow is this a LITERAL PAIN IN MY butt
 
I feel for you - believe me, I know what you speak of! PT may be able to show you some thinks you can do without breaking the 90 degrees. Before I saw him and we figured out it was a glute tear, my PT was suggesting "rolling" on a tennis ball.
 
Don't worry too much about the 90 degree restrictions. I'm not advising you dismiss what your OS recommends but many, including myself, didn't have any 90 degree restrictions. Just don't want you worrying about breaking it on Saturday.
Hope your night is peaceful! Go sit on an ice pack:heehee:
 
I'm sorry. I have no good advice. I know nothing. I do wish you will get rid of that pain:blackcloud:

Oh, wait! After I tried doing my own stunts, I had a different pain in my new leg. Just a few days later, I had the same pain in my old leg. It didn't feel good, but it made me feel better
 
This is where I admit that it happened right after I tried to trim my own toenails, because I STILL haven't gotten that pedicure! I FORCED that position... I KNOW that's what did me in.
Ok. I'm icing:ice::ice::ice:
 
I've experienced the pain in the rear but not down the leg.
Me too..mine feels like I'm sitting on a rock sometimes. There is a small lump on the edge of my incision I feel I inside but I'm not sure if that's the lump I feel because it seems that I feel it more in the middle of the buttock not exactly by the incision but who knows, my buttock is still semi numb feeling.
 
Recovery can be a pain in the rear!
Mine was and trying to remember when exactly it eased for good.
It would come back, possibly due to particular activities from time to time over the first months.
They did alot of scrooching to get that thing in there so easy to irritate that trauma.
Hope today is better.
 
I still have that sitting on rock feeling, especially when driving. Figure it will go away sometime. Trying to figure out what sitting at work may be like ...
 
I am woman hear me roar! Stubborn....aren't we?
I forced that pedi too @Mascaramom
I was one month out and bummed I couldn't do it. So I decided I'd do my good leg
at least I'd feel 1/2 normal :heehee: so I did the non op side and it looked so good
compared to the other that I had to try AGAIN!

What works best for me is to sit at the kitchen table and use a small foot stool.
If it feels too low you can pile a hardcover book or something stable on top of it.

Hope you're feeling better today. Wishing you a great rest of the week!
 
I say I have turned into "The Princess & the Pea" @MammaT I was sitting in the driver's seat and it felt like a pebble was on the seat. I hope it was the wear pattern on he seat cover. @Layla I only trimmed my 'other leg's' toes. My feet do look odd side by side. Perhaps I will try your idea.
 
Hi @Mascaramom
Thinking of you...
Hope you've recovered from the pedi and are doing well over the past few days.
The weeks are flying by. Easter and Spring are almost upon us.
Just think how great your Summer will be. No more hip pain!
Big hugs :flwrysmile:
 
Hey you :wave: Thinking of you today.
Hope you're having a good weekend so far.
Wondering if you've recovered from the pedi....sure hope so.
Can't believe you're coming up on six weeks already. Time flies when we're having fun :heehee:
Have a great rest of the weekend!
@Mascaramom
 
Hi everyone!

What a CRAZY BUSY few days. Not sure how I got through it really....

My tush is back to only being pained by my antsy children. Lolol
The pain from the self pedi seems to have just slowly gone away. I have had a LOT OF STIFFNESS and achiness this last week though. I have just been UP AND ABOUT TOOOOOOO much.
And Ive gone back to climbing the stairs with my good leg first, as I've noticed myself straining to go up regularly.
The voice in my head repeating, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

With all of the mom taxi driving I do I have found a comfortable position to put my seat in to help me get out more comfortably. I'll call that a win since I am literally in-and-out of my car 13 to 14 times a day.
I REALLY hate it

I have been able to do more physically. I am able to shave without the giraffe now! Lol. Bonus as its DEFINITELY shorts weather here. The beach is calling me!!! SNORKELLING ANYONE????
 
Glad you're recovering from the pedicure. I'm guessing that the issue with the stairs was probably related to that same incident. I found out all too well how much the piriformis and glute muscles are involved with doing!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom