TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

@macduf387, do you find that your Fitbit is accurate? I have a GearFit that measures only about 1/3 of my steps. Everything else works great on it, but it just won't count right! When I walk, I don't swing my arms and the GearFit requires that. There are so many brands out there, and I don't know which ones will work for me.
 
I find the Fitbit One clipped to my bra gives me the most accurate steps. My polar on my wrist doesn't measure steps if I don't swing my arm.
 
Thank you @fuzzybunny and @macduf387. I will try it clipped to my bra. So the Polar doesn't count without swinging your arms either. I'll try a Fitbit. I really hate not getting credit for what I'm doing!
 
Madeleine, how are you doing? I upped my goal to 5000 steps and I am hitting that most every day now! Still not like your 10,000, but improving no doubt! I am seeing a physical therapist that specializes in lymphodemna wrapping. The OS wanted me to see her about the continued swelling I have with Ralph. I had to purchase the bandages and will go back next Thursday for my first wrapping. She will wrap from mid calf to mid thigh. Hopefully, if we can get some of the swelling down, my ROM and stiffness from swelling will get better. What a journey this has been! I am so happy your journey has been moving along. Take care!
 
When I first saw Lymphodema wraps, I was skeptical, to say the least. I only used it because the woman was so nice to me and lent me the wrap. I could not believe the difference in the am!! You are smart to try this and it made a difference in my swelling, for sure.
 
Hi all its been awhile since I checked in. I just got back on Saturday from a week in Mexico a vacation celebrating our wedding anniversary 34 years and still very much in Love. But thats not what you want to hear. My bionic knee behaved very well on the 5 hour flight I was a little stiff. I did get a wheel chair at the airports as Houston airport is huge and as we all know we cant walk to fast yet. I walked every day on the beach nothing to strenous and enjoyed it loved swimming in the ocean and went snorkeling with my hubby, so all in all a good week. My right knee is playing up walking up and down stairs, so I am back to taking tylenol when necessary especially at night.
I also had my 6 month checkup yesterday and os is very happy with the progress. did ask about the occasional like electric shock on the inside of knee going towards calf. Probably nerves regrowing. They did the x rays all good my right knee is showing narrowing and start of a bone spur on the patella. Great :oyvey:OS told me he didnt see a lot of arthritis when he scoped in December but its narrowing not bone on bone yet, still causing a little pain grrrr.
I know its only a matter of time but I am hoping for a few years dont know if I am going to be that lucky, before I have to have the right knee done. I will know when its time.:umm::whistle:
I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers day.:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Hi Janet @Timetolive thank you for seeing how I was doing I am glad to hear you got to 5000 steps thats fabulous. i managed 12000 one day before I left on vacation. Trying to get back into routine now that I am back I am also doing a exercise plan 5 days a week and trying to ride my stationary bike to get the knees strong.
I hope the wraps work and get rid of the swelling.

Blessings to all as our journeys continue and we get stronger.
Remember we are stronger than we think. :swim::upright::surfer::walking:
 
Glad to hear you had fun in Mexico. My cousin is stopping by the 'Burgh on her way back to San Diego Thursday. I told her she'll see lots of green this weekend!
 
Well it looks like my right knee is envious of my left knee so I will getting the euflexxa shots starting next week for three weeks. The medical aid said I must try the 3 shots before I can have the single synvisc shot. REALLY !!! It costs the same except I now have to pay for three visits. Anyway hopefully they will work otherwise I think I will be looking to have my right knee done in December. I might as well get it over and done with. Sick of the same pais starting in my right knee that I had in my left knee before tkr. At least we only have Two knees right ;).
I am just exercising and walking to keep strong so that hopefully my recovery will be the same as my other knee.
Take care everyone summer is here and its getting hot. I am enjoying the pool.
:good-bad: This is how I feel with my knees at the moment LOL :wink:
 
Ow. I know you had hoped to nurse the right knee for a couple of years. I had the same experience with both my hips and knees; one was slated for surgery and before the surgery, the other started "tracking" the first in terms of pain & symptoms.

Doesn't sound right that you have to get 3 shots before the synvisc. Sigh! Wishing you good relief!
 
Madeleine, I am glad your TKR is recovering so well. It does seem the "natural" knees get jealous and want more attention! Hahaha! Crazy about the shot requirements. Lake Powell will be so much better with two good knees! Enjoy your day and enjoy the swimming. It has gotten so hot, so fast. I am fearful for hurricane season.
 
Hi all my bone smarty friends just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Some news from me my hubby got me a SUV a lovely Scuba blue Q5 with beige leather. I loved my red Audi A4 but it really was making life difficult to get in and out of the car. It was also hurting my right knee when I drove because of the angle of the seat. I have had my suv for a few days and its a pleasure to drive again. I went and got my first Euflexxa shot on Tuesday all good and I also told my OS to put me on the Surgery scheudule for December as he fills up quickly. Yikes I cant believe I am planning my right knee tkr. But i would rather set the date and have it on my terms rather than having to try and squeeze me in somewhere. So I guess I can say here I go again. I hope it mirrors the last one as it went very smoothly and it feels great right now. :oyvey:
Take care everyone hope you are enjoying your summer.
:cheers:
 
Hi Madeline! I'm a newbie here at 7.5wks out from my RKTR. Reading through your journey was so encouraging! I feel like I'm out of the initial recovery woods and am thankful that when my left knee rears her arthritic moods I'll be better prepared! Congratulations on your new SUV- how fun!!

:)
 
Hi @Suz you are nearly out of the woods. Keep doing your exercises dont let PT hurt you as you can see I did nothing for the first two weeks except my leg raises and heel slides all by accident of course the hospital and home health were not on the same page but it didnt do me any harm it actually benefited me. I have full use of my knee.Just listen to your knee and ice ice ice. I still ice at night while watching TV both Knees. Anyway best wishes for a speedy recovery.
:flwrysmile::yes!::flwrysmile:
 
That's so exciting to know that at 6 months you have full use of your knee now Madeline!! A short time actually for what we get in return!
 
You are brave Madeleine! I'm not ready for a LTKR, however I think it's only a matter of before it lets me know. Your car sounds lovely!
 
Madeleine, so good to hear you are doing well! Congratulations on the Q5!!!!! Beautiful vehicle. I am an SUV gal all the way. I am 5'8" and have long legs. I love the ease of getting in and out of my SUV and the capability of hauling things. LOVE getting groceries in and out of the back. You will be in my prayers for a successful surgery and a peaceful recovery when the time comes. Strengthen that knee and enjoy life!
 
Just a quick hello and to Wish Everyone a Happy and Safe 4th of July.
Take care now.
Thank you for all the well wishes and positive thoughts as I think of my right Knee surgery in a few months and to Janis @Timetolive absolutely love my Q5 so much better for the knees.
:loveshwr: :cheers: :roseshwr:
 
Well I saw the OS for the last Euflexxa shot on Tuesday. Basically the shots are dulling the pain and making it more berable. I do have a surgery date December 5th it is unless something miraculous happens between now and then. I booked well in advance as my OS books up quickly and this way I got to pick the date. Yipee not . :umm:
So I guess I can say here I go again. To be on the positive side this time next year it will all be done. :tada:
Regards to all hope you are enjoying the summer.
:hiking::swim::surfer:
 
Back
Top Bottom