Guest viewing is limited

TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

So glad to hear all is well with your left knee. :martini: Hoping you can make it through to December for the right without too much pain.:fingersx: Sorry to hear the Euflexxa shots are not providing much relief. We will be here to cheer you on to the road to no pain and all gain!!
 
Good to see you back, macduff, but sorry the other knee is bothering you.
 
I have to say that my second knee was a piece of cake compared to the left. With the right, I knew that i did not have to do all the exercises to train the knee---I just had to let it heal and then begin to gently exercise. By three months, I was riding a bike.
 
December is really getting close. I'm sorry your knee has gotten worse but now you know for sure it's time to get it fixed. I'll be following your new surgery to see how it goes.
 
Well now its getting real I saw my OS examined my knee and basically said I will see you in December. Its 6 weeks out. :dubious: and I know its going to go very fast. I am happy and apprehensive at the same time. Happy that this time next year I will zooming around every where without pain. Anxious about going through it all again just hoping for a good recovery like last one. My left knee is coming up to its year anniversary on November 12. Oh well I am going on vacation to Mexico for a week at beginning of November and I have my sons 30 birthday before surgery. So will be very busy. I had my teeth cleaned yesterday so I can cross that off the list.
My left knee is doing so well it feels strong and no pain when exercising or walking the right is another story I actually feel this one is in worse shape than the other one I have pain on inside of knee under the patella and nice little bursa sack behind knee. Pain meds ie mobic keeping pain bearable for now. So hang in there all those that have just started the journey it does get better I promise. :cool:
 
@macduf387 I have just read your entire story and you are such an inspiration - you've done a fantastic job with your recovery and in 2017, you'll have two great knees. I hope to follow your pattern of recovery (minus the nausea with the spinal, lol)!
 
Why thank you @jaschembra yip I am also hoping for less nausea it's not fun but unfortunately part of the process. It's kind of surreal that in about 3 weeks I get to start all over again. I will be following your path to recover as well. :wink:
 
Hello all my Bone smartie friends I had my knee birthday yesterday and just wanted to check in and say hi and tell everyone how I am doing. My knee is doing great I cannot believe its been a year time has flown and I dont really think about my left knee anymore. I noticed while I was on holiday in Mexico that it is just so much stronger than it was in April when I was there when I needed help getting out of the ocean a I still felt a little unsteady, but this time I could firmly use my left knee without any thought that it was going to collapse. So it does get better and stronger in time. Those that are starting their journey need to be patient and just follow the bone smart mantra. It does get a little crabby once in awhile if I do to much like walking 17000 steps :eyebrows:. I just sit down and put my feet up for awhile and ice. The sea sand is a little harder to walk in but thats a given. Anyway its all good I feel good and now I am approaching the second knee in 3 weeks. Yikes but I know its time the right knee is just achy difficult to go up and down stairs walking down inclines ect we all know the drill. So I am hoping for the same recovery I am fit and strong but the jitters are starting even though I know what to expect this time around. In the next week or so I will be dealing with pre op tests ect yuck. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Take care :SUNsmile:
 
Dec. 5th...will you be prepared for the holidays before then?
 
Hi @KarriB, My daughter in law is hosting Christmas with my daughter so I will sit and watch I do intend to bake cookies before I go in on the 5th :yes:
 
I had a knee replacement on December 9th one year. It was a very quiet Christmas, with everyone but me doing the work, but I enjoyed it.
 
I came home from my infection surgery Dec. 6. As we pulled into my driveway in a snowstorm the kids could be seen decorating the tree through the picture window. I can't tell you what that moment meant to me. They had come a distance to do this and although I told them at the time what it meant to me, I mentioned it again last weekend as we were making Christmas plans. There really is something lovely about a quiet Christmas, covered up in blankets (because you have the ice machine running underneath).
 
Now things are really getting real tomorrow I started all the pre op appointments and I have a week left to get everything prepared for my time down. Starting to feel a little anxious I know it's normal but doesn't make me feel any better. Well soon I will be on the road to recovery. My knee is feeling really achy today but I did give them quite a workout on Friday night as it was my sons 30 birthday and we had quite a celebration including a great live band so I had my dancing shoes on but boy did I pay for it yesterday and today. Next year this time I will have two good knees and should be able to dance without pain. I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving and pray you all have a great week. Will write more as my time gets closer.
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
As you said, nerves are to be expected. You've got a busy week ahead of you, hopefully that'll help keep your mind busy.
 
All right then all pre op tests and ekg ect taken care of so now its time to my nest in order and patiently wait until Monday which I know is going to arrive very quickly ready or not. :shocked:
On a positive note I get to start my recovery.

Could one of the moderators change my thread to Macduf387 has crossed over to recovery round 2.
Thank You
 
Relax this week. You've been through this before and you know how much better you will have it when that old knee is replaced with a shiny new one.
 
Good luck Madeleine! I won't be joining you on this journey, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers for a peaceful and uneventful recovery. I know you will do great!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom