TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Madeleine, that is good news that you don't need surgery right away! Get some rest and ice that knee. I have a meniscus tear in my left knee and there is NO way I am going through this again any time soon! :flabber:
 
@Timetolive Janis I had to have mine done it was actually hindering my recovery as it was painful to walk down stairs, pain when I bent my leg and it was keeping me up at night, it's a relief not to have that pain anymore. I promise after the Tkr this was a walk in the park. I am already walking without any crutches or walker. I do understand why you would not want anymore surgery right now I don't blame you. I was also relieved to know that the arthritis was nothing like my left knee. He says it's just in one spot at the moment.
 
I'm glad everything went well and you don't need further surgery for now. I agree a scope is much less a recovery than the TKR. I had two scopes in my left knee and in a few days it felt wonderful to no longer have any pain.
 
Happy to hear all went well with your surgery!! Excellent that there is hardly any arthritis there and now your problem that caused pain has been corrected. A scope is like a walk in the park after having a TKR! I had one in 2000 and it kept me pain free for about 10-12 years, hope it will take care of your knee for much much longer ❤
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's Sunday fun day and finally managed to get back on the site, I was getting withdrawal symptoms ha ha. It's been a good week, my bionic knee is doing well as it has take over to be the strong knee for now. My scoped knee is doing great I didn't even need crutches this time I am walking on it and there is not a lot of swelling. I can already bend it just fine. So it's great to start the new year with two good knees. I am doing more and more but still find at the end of the day I am really tired and sit down and ice the knee. The bionic knee is coming along nicely 0 extension and 115 flex ion and I actually think it's got even better flex ion these last couple of days. I won't be doing pt this week because of surgery to my other knee so we will see how it feels by the end of the week.
The cellulitis seems to be history I did check with my os before he did the surgery on my other knee and he gave me another round of antibiotics and told me to keep an eye on it but it's definitely going so I dodged the antibiotic bullet for now. Otherwise recovery is going well I am still icing my bionic knee when I go to bed and it is behaving it does get Kwerky and funny pains every now and then but on the whole feels good. I am just glad my right knee doesn't show bad arthritis yet.
Have a good week everyone. :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
 
Just checking in visited my os today took the stitches out of my right knee they are very happy not much swelling thanks to my trusty ice machine. My Tkr knee is also looking good he is happy with the progress and my rom. Cellulitis is definately going new antibiotic is working great. I was talking to pa about my scar which is looking great and she said it would look even better as soon as all the dissolving stitches go, so that was interesting. I told her I was massaging with vitamin e oil and she said that was good. Otherwise nothing new to report I will start pt next week again for both knees. I don't really need it for the scoped knee but it won't do any harm in strengthening both. I will see os in a month which will be 12 weeks post op and they will take X-rays again.
The weekend is here might look at an suv I think it will be easier to get in and out of. I am finding it uncomfortable to get in and out of my A4. I had a Audi Q5 for service loaner and it was so nice as it was just a little taller. What do you bone smarties think?.
Blessings to all for a great weekend and co operating knees.
:cheers:
 
Great report! I have an SUV and would not have anything else. It is so much easier getting in and out with the knee - and I can haul lots of stuff!
 
I have a crossover. It's a Hyundai Tucson and it's the perfect height for me to get in and out of. I'm 5'7" and haven't had any problems at all. Where I live I also wanted to get an AWD vehicle. I'm happy that the scope has helped your old knee and you are doing so well. You're doing great.
 
Well some news started pt again today and guess what flexion 120 and 0 extension yay. My physio guy couldn't believe it he said maybe he must tell all clients to take a week off. It just shows that over working the knee is not going to work. I haven't had pt for two weeks since my last surgery and I gained 8 degrees of flexion. He says I should have no problem at getting 130 maybe more. I said I want it to bend like my other knee. ☺️
So happy and I won't need much more pt according to him. All in all a good day. :egypdance::ok::yes!::yay:
 
Well some news started pt again today and guess what flexion 120 and 0 extension yay. My physio guy couldn't believe it he said maybe he must tell all clients to take a week off. It just shows that over working the knee is not going to work. I haven't had pt for two weeks since my last surgery and I gained 8 degrees of flexion.
That's great to hear! :yes!::happydance::yay:
It should be reassuring too, for people who worry that a break from exercise will set their knee back in its recovery.
 
Just a quick report had a good week last week. Todays measurement for pt 125 flexion 0 extension. So slowly getting to the 130 mark. Both knees are behaving still have the usual swelling on my bionic knee by the end of the day. But I am moving around a lot more and doing things. Cooking cleaning ect. I did manage 9300 steps according to my fitbit yesterday so happy about that , I will be happy when I reach the majic 10,000 steps. I feel a lot better after finishing the 10 days of keflex yuck glad its over and the cellulitis is gone. I am now just focusing on doing a little more each day. I am just taking 500mg tylenol at night , but I am still icing via my ice machine at night and it definately helps. No swelling in the morning.
Wishing all you bone smarties a good week. Hang in there it does get better.
:cheers:
 
Madeleine, what a fantastic report! Your ROM is so good. 9,300 steps?? WOW! I am happy with my puny 2500! Hahahaha! I am also building my time on my recumbent. Yes, Keflex is nasty stuff. I am glad you are finished with it and healed. Isn't this journey interesting? Well worth it though. Have a wonderful evening.
 
You will get there Janis @Timetolive baby steps right. :yes: Yes it is quite a journey especially the first 5-6 weeks.
I seemed to have breezed through it when I read yours and some of the others journeys, and I am very thankful for that. :friends:
 
Hi all my bone smartie friends it's been awhile since I posted its all been good. I had a nice weekend at our desert house celebrating a friends birthday. It was great weather and my knees did fine on the 2 hour trip out. I was stiff but soon walked it off. Talking about walking Janis @Timetolive i got to 10,250 steps last Friday yay I reached another milestone. :egypdance:
I had my second last pt today and my rom is great 0 extension and 130 extension. Definitely not unhappy with that. My right knee that I had the meniscus repair in December is at 140 extension. I will be seeing my os on Tuesday for my 3 month checkup. I know there are many others that are still having a hard time and I just want to say you will get there. I am still tired at the end of the day and still using my ice machine at night but I am very happy with my new knee.
Take care everyone.
:roseshwr::flwrysmile::happydance::wink:
 
Back
Top Bottom