Guest viewing is limited

TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Is Euflexxa similar to Synvisc? My right knee has started to complain but my OS says it doesn't need replacing now. I've had Synvisc and cortisone shots numerous times in both knees. I was wondering if this might work better.
 
I think they're basically the same. @macduf387 you all amaze me with your courage to do this again. I may not be far behind you though.
 
I'm glad the Euflexxa shots are working for you. They didn't do a thing for me. Scheduling so far in advance gives you lots of time to prepare!
 
@newlybionic the Euflexxa is pretty much the same as synvisc its just three shots instead of one. I have had the synvisc before but the medical wanted me to use Euflexxa before they would okay the Synvisc. Ridiculous they are the same price but with Euflexxa you have to go 3 times and pay three times to get the shot. I have been following your progress. Looking good so happy for you.

@Pumpkln Yes its far out but at least I got to pick the date. I had my sons 30 in November and hoping I will be up and about for Christmas. There was method to my madness. :)

@KarriB I dont know about being brave I can just feel the same pain as I had on my other knee and I am over it so hoping for a mirrored recovery like the left knee and I will be on my way. The left knee feels so good I get a twinge of pain every now and again especially if I twist the knee but otherwise its so good not to have that pain.
In the meantime I am enjoying the summer and loving my pool. Its far enough to not worry about it now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

:cool: :SUNsmile: :yes: :cool: :SUNsmile:
 
One more thing @newlybionic the Euflexxa shots less painful than having the one huge synvisc shot. My OS also thought when he scoped my right knee last December that it didnt look to bad but the moment I started getting more mobile the pain started right up again. ;(
So go with your instincts if it doesnt feel right and it hurts tell him.
 
Madeleine, I am glad the shot is helping you. You have my admiration in going ahead with the other knee. We had our knees done about the same time. Do you still have swelling if you have been on yours? It sure is nice not having that bone on bone pain isn't it? December will be here before you know!
 
Hi Janis @Timetolive so good to hear from you. I find if I have been standing for to long my knee becomes a little stiff. I also have a little pain below the knee on the right sometimes, which I asked the OS about and it turns out we have a bursa there at the end of the nerves and it could be a little irritated or it may be a little scar tissue that gets hooked between the spacer. Nothing serious compared to what we were living with. I am massaging with ice cube and it helps. OS says he can give me a cortisone shot or scope it if necessary but I said no thanks its all good nothing I cant live with. I must be honest I would not dream of going ahead if I had not had such a good recovery first time round. So hopefully the right knee will be identical.
Take care.
 
The Viscosupplementation treatments include several options:
Euflexxa,
Hyalgan
Orthovisc
Supartz --the one I tried-5 injections into each knee!
Synvisc-One and a 3-injection dose

Unfortunately

they didn't help me for very long at all!


 
I had Synvisc in a series of three shots before and once all in one shot. When I got both knees injected with the single shot I could barely walk back to my car afterwards. Neither lasted very long for me either.
 
It is a month past time to order shots for my left knee. They're not doing much good so I'm not sure I'll move forward again.
 
The shots eventually dont do anything it happened with my left knee, the last synvisc shot I had didnt even last a month. I am just hoping these will keep the pain bearable on my right knee until December, otherwise I might have a cortisone shot to tide me over. Of course last shot has to be 4-6 weeks before surgery.
 
My last cortisone shot lasted less than 2 weeks and then it was only about 25% improvement. That's when I knew something else had to be done!
 
Kicking and screaming! My left knee really needs it, it was painful before my right. But with all my complications I'm holding out, but will be watching you closely!
 
Right now, I say the same thing about my left knee! It's been a rough road and lots more turns to take before I arrive at my desired healed destination!
 
Ha ha @KarriB I was just visualizing you kicking and screaming I hear you. If I had not had such a good recovery I dont think I would do it so soon, but I am just ready to be pain free and not think about my knees. ;)
 
Hi to all my bone smart friends. Its been awhile since I updated so here goes. The Euflexxa shots have not helped my right knee or maybe they helped just a little through the summer not much. I have managed to stay off pain tablets during the day but started taking tylenol at night. This last week my right knee has just been sore I can feel a bakers cyst behind the knee and it just hurts. I get to see my OS on the 18 October for a checkup and to discuss the right knee tkr which is now starting to get closer. Yikes December is around the corner. :yikes:
Its all good I just keep thinking this time next year it will all be over and I will be pain free. YES !!!
My bionic knee is in great shape loving it and it gets stronger everyday.I am 10 months post op. Yesterday I slipped and it was by bionic knee that stopped me from falling. So not looking forward to being down again but feeling positive for the outcome and not as freaked out this time as I know what to expect and what.
Have a great weekend all of you and to those just starting the recovery journey it does get better hang in there.

:friends::friends::friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom