TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

My PT told me it was ok to be a little sore for a hour or two, but if it lingered or went into the next day, it was too much.
 
Hi all its been a few days I am just coming up on 6 weeks post op. I have been going to pt starting to do a little more there. My pt guy is good, I had a brain freeze yesterday forgot to take pain melds before pt.Oh boy not a good idea will not do that again. On another note I had seen like a bug bite on my calf last Wednesday didn't think anything of it until yesterday when at pt we noticed that the red mark had grown a bit and was a little painful to touch, well decided to go to doc not taking any chances and it turned out to be the cellulitis ugh so back on antibiotics for 10 days yuck. So resting and elevating today to keep the swelling down. Boy this is a roller coaster ride. Otherwise doing great will have a house full for Christmas kids are doing the cooking yay and it will be fun.
Have a very Merry Christmas all you bone smarties.
:merry christmas: :nativity: :merry christmas:
 
I had a brain freeze yesterday forgot to take pain melds before pt.Oh boy not a good idea will not do that again. On another note I had seen like a bug bite on my calf last Wednesday didn't think anything of it until yesterday when at pt we noticed that the red mark had grown a bit and was a little painful to touch, well decided to go to doc not taking any chances and it turned out to be the cellulitis ugh so back on antibiotics for 10 days yuck.
It's not a good idea to take pain meds specially for PT, because they could mask pain, which is often a warning sign that you're doing too much. If you can, get your meds on a schedule, so that you re on a regime where they cover you during pt, but aren't about to run out during or soon after a session.

What a good job your PT noticed that the bug bite had got bigger! I hope the infection soon clears up.
 
Hopefully the cellulitis won't effect you too much. Enjoy your full house!
 
I am sorry you are having this complication!! It is good the PT saw it and was on top of it. You are in my prayers for a quick healing. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
 
Thanks @Celle i am actually doing very well without any pain meds I eased from the Norco to Tylenol and was finding I was doing fine but it was just a little more uncomfortable going on painful doing pt. I will just take some Tylenol a couple of hrs before pt and see how it goes. I am just happy pt and I noticed the red mark was spreading. Merry Christmas. :reindeersleigh

Thanks @KarriB i agree don't want any more complications :fingersx: Merry Christmas :tree lights::gbh::santawave:

Thank you @Timetolive compared to what you have been through this is a walk in the park. My wish for you for Christmas is to wake up feeling like a million dollars. Merry Christmas to you too. :santawave::tree2;:gbh::re-snowman::gbh::re-snowman:
 
Merry Christmas all I trust everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. My house was full and loud and happy it was great day and special as last year my mom in law was in the hospital and we didn't know if she was going to get out. Thank you Lord she is getting stronger every day and it was good to have the whole family together again. I was definitely tukkered out by the end of the day but happy. My knee is a little achy this morning but that's to be expected. Ice and elevate and relax is the order of the day today.

Wishing everyone all the best for a healthy pain free New Year.:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Madeleine, I am so glad you had a nice Christmas. I declare the day after Christmas as RIE Day - rest, ice, elevate! I just finished putting the china and "special" serving platters, etc. away and I am pooped! What a blessing to have your mother in law regaining her strenght and to be able to share such a joyous day with the family. Enjoy your day!
 
How wonderful for you that your whole family was together for Chritmas. I'm glad you had a great day.
 
Hi all hope everyone had a good Monday. I have a question that maybe @Celle or Josephine can answer, as I said I got a mild case of cellulitis I didn't have fever it looked like two bug bites that grew to about size of a quarter. Doc put me on antibiotics Bactrim which finishes tomorrow. The size has gone down its kind of a purple color right now and is no longer swollen or warm, so I am just wondering is it gone or do I need to go and see the doc for more antibiotics?. I have scope on my other knee on Wednesday 30 December. Here we go again and I just want to be sure the cellulitis is history.
:whistle::umm::whistle:
 
I would err on the side of caution and get your doctor the check it again. While it could well be OK, its better to be safe than sorry.
 
Hi all I am home after right knee arthroscopy it went well surgeon said it was a big tare and was flapping hence the pain. He also said there is arthritis but nothing to worry about for now. :loveshwr: So taken some pain meds back in bed all my 4 legged kids sleeping on the bed with me time to have a nap.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom