Guest viewing is limited

TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Yip my husband told me last night it was very good to see me up and about outside the house ☺️.
Okay i am 3 weeks post op and today my knee has really been sore since I woke up, I had a good nights sleep but I woke up in this morning and it's stiff and sore I took my pain pill 5-325 hydrocodone it settled down after an hour but has just been kinda aching all morning did I overdo it again or am I reducing pain mess to soon. :groan:
I am back on my ice machine and just resting up did manage to feed the 4 legged kids myself today and put a load of washing in.
 
Are you still taking pain meds during the night? It sounds as if you need to, because this morning you had to play "catch-up" with the pain meds.
I think it's too soon to be reducing your pain meds, too.
 
Madeleine, I am sorry you are having pain. Stay on your pain meds as long as you need them. It is not worth playing catch up for sure! What kind of furbabies do you have? We have a tuxedo cat now - GiGi. Both of our dogs have passed and our other cat. isn't it amazing how the laundry just doesn't understand that you just had knee replacement??? :heehee: I have the front load washer and dryer and move a chair in front of them and transfer laundry, or sit and fold the clothes. Life goes on....
 
@Celle , I love your "planned incompetence" term! Hahaha! A couple of years ago, I had to fly out to Oregon for 3 weeks when my youngest brother was having his cancer surgery and actually made a very detailed instruction sheet for my husband on how to use the washer and dryer. Funny, he did alright while I was gone...but those instructions are NO WHERE to be found and he seems to have forgotten the details. :loll: I can't complain, he has been great helping me out.
 
tks @Celle I take my last pain med around 12am before I go to sleep and stopped waking up preferring to sleep through the night so that's probably it to long a time span without pills in think I will add an extra Tylenol tonight and see how that goes. I am just so over taking pills. Never took a lot before Tkr.

@Timetolive i have 5 rat terriers they are like jack russels with long legs. The mom Roxie had 6 pups and we kept 4 :doggie:.
I had a snooze thus afternoon with all the kids on the bed and feel a little better.
As far as the laundry I have been lucky my daughter is staying with us otherwise I too would have had to show hubby how to use washer. He has been great taking care of me with e very thing else.
 
Hi! Your progress is going well! Those times we get out are so great but the knee is the boss! Your daughter must be thrilled about moving into a new home.
Glad you have plenty of company with your fur babies, they are the best!
 
5?? I bet that is an active bunch! God bless daughters who love their mothers. If the only thing our husbands are lacking on is the laundry, we are blessed. Mine will actually carry the laundry to the washer for me and after I have folded it, he carries it to the bedroom. I do not know what I would have done without him.

I hope you have a restful night.
 
Madeleine, I hope with the addition of the extra Tylenol at night you are able to manage your night pain better and not play as much catch up in the morning.
 
Well hi it's been a few days I have reached my 4 week anniversary yay. One step closer to full recovery, I had my last home pt yesterday I start out patient pt on Monday. I did push my home pt and nearly hot a full revolution on the bike but boy did I pay for it the next day I have also been walking outside in the glorious California sunshine although today the rain is coming it's okay we need it. I am spending a little more time in my office say an hour but my bed or couch is still my most favorite place to be. So all in all a good week still playing with the pain meds to see if I can use less or only Tylenol during the day not quite there yet.
The os office called and confirmed my December 30 surgery for my right knee. Fix the meniscus which is actually hindering me right now as it's painful to put it forward as my good knee.
Hope you are all having a good Friday where ever you are
Take care
 
Isn't it wonderful when you can feel ... and report ... the progress you are making!? Congrats Madeleine! Way chilly up here in LA and they say rain, but the bright blue skies seem to suggest a different forecast. Still, a fabulous day for walking! Enjoy.
 
Thanks @NightQuilter the sun is shining right now but its been raining on and off all day here in san diego.:snork:
I see i have the same knee as you smith and nephew maybe it should have been smith and wesson :heehee:.
I have been up all morning and just sat down to ice and elevate. :thumb:
Look forward to walking arond the block one of these days.Love walking.
 
Sunday funday I managed a few revolutions on the bike but owe my knee was not happy busy sitting on my bed and icing it. Oh well it is what it is. I start outpatient pt tomorrow so I am interested to see what my range of motion is I feel pretty good showering standing up I intend to try my first bath tonight we will see how that goes i miss lying relaxing in the bath. My scar is looking very good all the scabs have fallen off.I still have some dimples on the scar from swelling but not to bad. I seem to be able to go longer during the day with the pain meds but still need them at night. i still sleep with the ice machine bathing my knee and pleased not to much swelling. So the end of another week we will see what this new week brings.
Blessings to all and especially @Timetolive. I pray this week is filled with only good things for you. :thumb:
 
Madeleine, you are the sweetest to think of me. Thank you. I hope you enjoy your bath! I cannot even imagine getting down and then out of the tub. I would definitely have to have help. If I did get in the bath, I think I would close my eyes and just go to sleep......so relaxing. Good luck at PT tomorrow. Be careful and don't let them hurt you. Ask lots of questions. I find it interesting when I ask them why we are doing a particular exercise what muscle it is working on. We do balance work standing on the one leg. It was ok until they had me stand on a pillow and balance! :flabber: Ha! Thank you again for all your support and kindness. It means a lot to me. :roseshwr:
 
This will be a BIG week for you! Going out to PT and a new routine will be exciting and ( perhaps) exhausting. Give your new knee plenty of TLC, meds, ice and compassion! You are very early in this journey. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but you have to proceed carefully toward it! I wish you a wonderfully positive experience!
 
Before you have that bath, do have a practice, "dry run", to make sure that you can get up out of the bath. If you're going to get stuck, it's surely better to do it while you're dressed than when you're naked and wet. :yikes:
 
Thanks @Celle I did just that, I also have strong upper body strength and a willing an able husband it all worked out and the bath was heavenly. i would not try this if you are alone at home.:egypdance:
Now as for todays PT outing, it went well I told the guy I was not having the no pain no gain formula. He agreed and pt was good. My numbers are 0 degrees extension yay and flexion was 97 and he says its not going to take long to get my ROM so all in all happy. My knee did feel wobbly after the workout and a little stiff. I am back home and sitting in bed icing. I had a little nap as well. :yes!::yay::happydance:
Hopefully all the pt sessions will go according to plan. Take care all.
 
Good morning all well pt was good yesterday but perhaps a little to much, by the time I went to bed the old knee was swollen. I took my pain meds before bed but I actually woke up at around 2.30am in pain for the first time in a long time so took some Tylenol and went back to sleep. I guess I will be telling pt to back off a bit. :unsure:
I guess I will just take it easy today and ice and elevate.
Have a great day where ever you all are. :SUNsmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom