TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Good morning all I trust you are still full from thanksgiving dinner. My house was full with friends and family dinner was delicious my daughter did an excellent job. Managed to sit in a chair with my leg propped up and enjoy the family commotion.
Very proud of myself I have walked from my bed to the bathroom without the walker yay !!!.
I also started taking less oxycodone and more Tylenol so we will see how that goes. My leg is a bit achy this morning from doing to much yesterday but not to uncomfortable so I think I will just relax more today. It's chilly here in San Diego and it's been raining all night.
Happy cyber shopping this Black Friday
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy you were able to have a great day with everyone around you. Congrats on getting around without the walker in your house!! Keep up the good work.
 
Hi all its been a busy few days with family from out of town, they have now left and I am lying here relaxing and catching up with all of you. I had PT yesterday for the first time since I left the hospital and here is the funny part he comes in and he says to me so what surgery did you have and I say Tkr and he says that's strange I have you down for a heart transplant. I burst out laughing and said oh my somebody screwed up big time. :rofsign:
Anyway he started the spiel and I said you are not going to hurt me and he said no pain no gain, and I said no I don't believe in that view and neither does my surgeon. And that was that he said okay and he was be surprised on how much movement I had considering I had had no pt for two weeks. I showed him I could walk without the walker and he did some stretching ect and then got me on my recumbert bike and showed me how to exercise on it. All is well I see him on Monday again.:dancy:

As for today my daughter wanted me to go out and see some appliances with her good deals and all, and she has just bought a house. So I got dressed and even got a pair of jeans on and went on a outing, I took my walker with and walked a little with her and then sat down and chatted with the sales staff while she found what she needed and she had my approval .
Then we went home and had more family time with out of town guests. Needless to say I am a little tired but the knee is behaving a little sore but manageable.
I wish you all pleasant dreams and a good nights sleep.:sleep::sleeep::sleep:
 
I wonder what the heart transplant patient said when they asked him about his knee!:rotfl: That's great that you got out with your daughter. It also must ha pave been great to have visitors over the weekend.

It's a shame that it seems like all the therapists in the US seem to want to cause us pain. I also had tears in my eyes at the end of a session and twice I was crying out loud. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to have them stop. I'll be ready next time.
 
Wow what a busy couple of days you had! Even ventured out shopping, I am very impressed!
Happy to hear you set the therapist straight. I almost canceled my surgery when my friend told me how she screamed and cried in pain at therapy..smh.
Keep up the positive attitude! :yes!:
 
I am so glad you had such a nice time with family and freinds. It surely does a body good. Fantastic control at PT with setting them straight. Although funny about the heart transplant, isn't it disappointing that they didn't have it right? Now, if he saw your scar, I wonder if he was wondering how in the heck they got that heart transplant done through your knee? :heehee:
 
I bet it was fun to get out, but I bet you're resting today. :)
 
Hi all well those busy few days certainly drained my energy level , I spent yesterday mostly relaxing I did have pt again he put me through some exercises nothing to difficult but boy I was pooped afterwards. So hooked up ice machine and spent rest of day relaxing. I just felt yuck actually thought I was coming down with something but I woke up this morning feeling a little better so I guess it was the Odic again ugh.
Wishing all of us a great day and that our knees and bodies cooperate today.
 
I found that every day was different. Just when I thought I was making great progress, the next day I would be too pooped to pop! It gets better as times goes on. Be aware that your body will let you know when you need to rest. I am one of those people who keeps going and going and going.... With this TKR, my body can no longer keep up the pace. ( Of course, it couldn't POSSIBLY be age! :wink: )
 
Yes, this is the most frustrating recovery I've ever experienced. @Braunzie is search of a PATIENCE ATM. I think when she finds it, she will be our hero!! :heehee:
Hang in there.... That light will soon be at the end of the tunnel for you, too! Don't give up on resting when you need to, icing and elevating AND taking the meds that your body needs! No medals given for tolerating pain. :thud:
 
I guess it's time for an update ☺️ I have been answering everyone else's messages and didn't do an update on mine. Well progress I have had pt 3 times this week it has gone well today he really stretched me very gently but firmly I was trying to move my hip backwards away from the stretch unknowingly until he said to stop ha ha the things we do to get away from pain. Anyway I am walking without the walker which I find liberating of course I am being careful tried to step backwards today and it didn't go well grabbed a wall. Stupid lesson learnt don't try and carry to many things at once. I managed to sit in my recliner this evening and watch a
Movie with my hubby elevated the leg with pillows worked well. Yesterday I managed to cut up some chicken and marinate it and then my daughter cooked. So overhaul a good week lets see how the knee behaves tomorrow as pt was more today and according to my Fitbit I walked 3430 steps today yay :cheers:
Blessings to all and wishing you all a good nights sleep.
 
Good morning! It sounds like things are going great for you. I am so happy for you. I want to thank you for being so supportive and answering everyone else's questions. It means a lot. I purchased a FitBit Charge HR and wore it yesterday. 3430 steps is fantastic! I was thrilled to see my steps add up. It was nice to just"think" I was being more active. Now, the sleep tracker.....not so good. I will be glad when that gets sorted out. :yawn::mcoffee: I hope you have a blessed day.
 
Hi @Timetolive happy Saturday thank you for your encouraging words as well btw my name is Madeleine pleased to meet you :tada: I have had my Fitbit for about 8 months now and I love it. At my peak I was averaging 12000-15000 steps a day. It is such a motivator especially at the end of a day and you just have to get those last steps so walk around the house until it buzzes you to say you reached your goal. :yes!::yay::dancy:
Anyway have fun with it I am looking forward to the day when I can take my doggies for there walks again.
Have a great weekend and I hope Ralph behaves himself and that swelling and bruising starts to disappear.
 
Nice to meet you, Madeleine! I can't wait to be able to walk for exercise! I have always loved it and found it meditative. Ralph is in a snarky mood, but I am DETERMINED we are going out to lunch today! I even have PANTS on!! :yes!: I have been wearing shorts to the doctor and PT. First time in slacks. A REALLY nice bonus? The 12 pounds I have lost made PLENTY of room for Ralph!:loll:

Janis
 
Yay Janis @Timetolive that is fab news about the pants I too have been living in shorts much easier to ice ect you go girl I went out with my daughter just for a drive past her new house and I stayed in car while she ran into target and then we picked up sone chick fillet and went and had lunch with my husband at our business. I just got home and my knee is telling me ice please and relax. It was fun to get out and I to managed to get my jeans on without the bulky bandage. All in all a good day now relaxing with my 4 legged kids on the bed. :puppysmooze::kittykiss::doggie:
Take care.
 
Glad you had a good time today and went to see your daughters new house. The knees always tell us what we should be doing. I'm sitting with my four legged friends in my recliner watching some tv. Have a great night.
 
Back
Top Bottom