Guest viewing is limited

TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

Hi all oh my just coming back from os, I had the staples out lets just say it was quite an ordeal first the nurse pulled the aqueous bandage off holy smokes,and faster is less painful than slower. The nurse in the hospital had put the bandage sticky side right on the cut so needless to say when the nurse pulled it off I went through the roof. Phew then began the staple removal, let's just say I was gripping the chair with great force. I never expected it to be that painful. I have a high pain tolerance and this was not for the faint hearted. At least it's over PA very happy with incision and swelling she says the knee looks great. She told me to keep on doing what I am doing.
I then got my Mir results on other knee I have a meniscus tare and a cyst that's causing me pain so I have the knee scoped on the 30 December. Whoopee
At least I will be walking properly in the new year. ☺️
 
Oh! I'm so sorry it was such an ordeal, but the good news is it is OVER! You will find it easier to bend without the staples. My DH stood over me while they took them out and counted! I had to run him out of the room!! :heehee:
You'll be a new woman by January! :rolleyes:
 
@Thesoutherncook They make rather inexpensive steps for our older 'dogsters'. I got a set at CVS drug store for less than 15 dollars so my Yorkie who has 2 bad knees can get up on the couch. I have to pick her up for my bed as it is very high.

I don't have as many dogs as you Macduf387 I only have 3. My yorkie never wants to sleep in my bed because it hurts her knees too much to jump down. One has to be picked up to get up on my bed but can jump down and my third jumps up and down at will. She can easily jump onto countertops almost like a cat!!

Staples being removed doe not hurt like staples being put in. It can sting about at most. The best part is that I just kept counting down as each one was removed.
 
@newlybionic I didn't feel the staples going in but not pleasant coming out that's for sure especially 40 of them. :snork::holysheep: Maybe my skin was just still very sensitive.

A just happy it's over with and yes @Thesoutherncook I can bend my knee a lot easier now that they are out, I had a good giggle of the image of your dh standing over your knee while they took yours out. :loll:
There is a storm brewing here and my other knee is complaining about it. Its also got cold for California ☔️
 
I was fortunate I only had 19 staples with glue on incision. 40!!! Yikes!! I'm glad you're done with that!!
 
I know that most people say they didn't feel much on their staple removal maybe it's the nurse as well. I have had dealings with her before and like her it was just way more painful than I thought it would be. Also I think in hind site I would have taken that aqueous bandage off my self will do next time ☺️ It might have taken me awhile but don't think as painful.

Have a great evening all of you and I wish you all a good nights sleep.
 
Oh my goodness!! That SOUNDS painful. After the pain of my dopple yesterday, I threw up all the way home - I am surprised you held it together! I am always afraid what will come out of mouth when shock and pain comes. I had this grand idea to have my eyebrows waxed. Welllll....I had no idea it would hurt. When she pulled the strip off, I let out an "oh ****". What was bad, it was loud, and the woman doing the eyebrows was a church friend....I don't usually let things like that slip out...was I embarrassed!! May your rest be peaceful and your pain minimal!
 
Hi macduff387,
I had my TKR on 11/16 so I will be following your recovery with great interest. Hope today is a good day for you and your knee. :SUNsmile:
Megan
 
Hi @Megan I am having a good day my knee feels so much better without the staples. How is throw is the weather up in Sacramento started out with some rain and wind this morning but sun is shining now.
Hope you are also having a good day with your knee.:cheers:
 
I know that most people say they didn't feel much on their staple removal maybe it's the nurse as well.
I think it definitely is the nurse. There is a knack to removing staples, a sort of twist to the wrist, first one way and then the other.
I used to enjoy removing them and I prided myself that my patients seldom found it more that a bit uncomfortable.
 
Hi @macduf387 sounds like you are progressing nicely!! When I had my staples removed the nurse had me lay down so I knew I was in for it. Wasn't awful but there were a few that made me wince!! I am sorry your experience was so difficult.... yikes!! Especially the nurse yanking the bandage off, made me cringe reading it.
Feels better with staples out but I told my PT that when I did anything to bend knee I had the fear that my incision was going to explode :heehee: fortunately that hasn't happened!
 
Cold and dry here in Sacramento. A good day to be inside relaxing by the fire (and doing my exercises) :sleep::sleep:
 
I hear you Megan puppies on the bed hubby is on his way home and will light the fire which I usually do oh well:heehee:

@Celle i agree with you on the nurse I think as nice as she is its like well it's not hurting me so whatever. I don't complain a lot but she brought tears to my eyes and I was very flushed after the experience. Next time I am asking for another nurse.:bignono:

@Glamg1979 you made me laugh about the incision exploding I agree mine looked horrible like if you had just cut yourself and that you would want stitches:rotfl: no wonder the scar is so ugly

It's been a good day pain is okay and knee really feels so much better without the staples. I actually am pushing the walker now and have taken a few steps without the walker hopefully I don't pay for it tomorrow for doing to much.:fingersx:
 
Good morning everyone Happy thanksgiving wishing you all a great thanksgiving with family and friends. For those of us that are getting a break from cooking and just have to sit and enjoy so be it. Enjoy being pampered.
I hope all the knees give us a break and behave today :cheers:
 
Yes @newlybionic my daughter is staying with me at the moment and she is taking care of thanksgiving dinner. I know it will be good she had a great teacher :yes!::flwrysmile:. Enjoy!!!!!
 
Happy Thanksgiving! Count me in the YAY :loveshwr: for adult daughters! Mine did tell me to get better because next year she didn't want to do the turkey! :loll: I did stand and show her, then cut the neck out. Then I startd thinking what would happen if I cut myself on all this aspirin and after the Xarelto! :no-fin: It is odd to sit and not be in the kitchen. Enjoy everyone!
 
It's so strange to sit back and watch everyone scurrying around you to get everything done .
We do a deep fried turkey in the peanut oil and it's the best turkey without to much prep. I used to watch my mom slave over the turkey from early hours of the morning to get a beautiful juicy turkey.
 
Back
Top Bottom