THR LuvDisney’s recovery journey

Thanks Everyone. I wasn’t going to be doing the driving. My husband was going to drive me to my apartment which is on the first floor and parking is about 15ft away. It was just going to be a small excursion. I didn’t even make it into the car though.

I’ve been resting with ice and elevation all day... plan to do the same tomorrow. No more walks till there isn’t pain again and then if it starts hurting I will end it as soon as possible.

I will certainly let me doctor know if it’s still hurting in a few days.
 
Sounds like a good plan @LuvDisney. Rest well!! There are all sorts of good documentaries on Netflix! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.
 
If you have overdone it. How long did it take you to recover from it?? I walked too much on Wednesday and I’m still in quite a bit of pain. I need to be better for my second hip on the 22nd. I had promised myself I wasn’t going to overdue it but yet here I am. I just need to make sure that’s all this is.
 
I’m also having increased knee pain and my big toe goes numb when my leg is elevated... I want to go back to a week ago! Things were doing so much better.
 
I'm sorry you are hurting...are you using a cane?
I know it can take some time to snap back after overdoing but I would be tempted to check with OS if for no other reason, so he knows how you are doing since your other surgery is so close.
You are NOT unusual in still having pain and after surgery issues...not even one month out!
 
Setbacks can take awhile.
It can take weeks, over days, depending upon severity.
I'd rest and ice as often as possible with your upcoming surgery in a week and a half.
Josephine recommends icing sessions are no less than 40-60 mins per session.
You may want to check in with your OS if you're not seeing improvement.
I hope this resolves itself soon!
@LuvDisney
 
@Mojo333 i went back to using a walker. I feel like using the cane was causing me to not walk straight and contributed to the soreness I had before I took the walk.

@Layla Ive been icing almost constantly, moving it to different positions so it’s not always the same area.

I’m scared if I let my surgeon know about the pain he might want to postpone the second surgery and I feel like if the second surgery evens out my legs than I’ll recover better.
 
Hi, sweetie, I disagree with your logic.
While I understand your concerns in updating the OS on your current condition,
you have to trust that he'll make the best decision for you in regard
to keeping, or postponing, your surgery date. The OS is the professional, we're not.
And if he postpones it, it may be for very good reason and something we're not even thinking of.
So please inform him and go from there.
You may be pleasantly surprised and happy you were on the up and up with him.
I hope you have a nice day!
@LuvDisney
 
Probably better that you are using the walker since you have that bad hip.
Also easier to use with two recovering hips.
Sure does make you feel old though, right?
I know you are ready to be done and likely the bad hip isn't helping...but do let your OS know how you are doing.
Sending healing hugs..
 
Emailed my Surgeon today as I had a question about stopping my aspirin since I’m supposed to take it for a month but then not supposed to be taken for a week pre-op. I’m to stop it a week early but I have the okay to continue with Motrin for pain up till 3 days before. I also told him I felt like the cane was too much and I went back to using a walker. Like all of you He said not to overdo my first hips rehab so I’ll be taking it as easy as possible for the next week. (I have been anyways except for trying to use the cane and going for a single .5mile Walk)
 
Wishing you a restful day.:angel:
 
So Wednesday I wasn’t able to rest quite as much as I’d hopped as I had to take care of some paperwork for my pay from work while I’m off. Yesterday I rested most of the day though and today should be the same as I will be home alone for most of the day.

A bit concerned about the weekend as we usually have others over and I don’t get to keep my leg up as much.

Concern about today is I cannot for the life of me get my leg comfortable. My knee is hurting and my foot is going numb. Normally I can reposition and Get both those things to correct but today no amount of moving and changing my pillows is helping...
 
Hi there, :wave:
Use this as a rough gauge of where you should be in recovery -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/

Try to ice and elevate even while company is visiting over the weekend.
With it being your home, your health and recovery come first.

Ice your knee along with your hip while it's causing you pain. Make sure you're getting enough walking in.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend!
@LuvDisney
 
Thank you @Layla but I’m following my Surgeon’s instructions to take it easy as I have my second surgery in a few days. Then both hips can recover together.

I continue to ice when company is here. The elevation is more difficult as everyone wants to be outside and elevation is easier inside. We haven’t figured out our plans yet so I May be worrying about it for nothing. On Sunday I have a hair appointment so that involves sitting both in the car and Salon chair but I’m hoping that is fine!
 
If they want to go outside, just put a chair in front of you to put your leg on. You can add a pillow or two if you need more height. The positive side to that is that you'll look like you can't easily move (which you can't) and everyone else will wait on you. You need to take advantage of your situation :heehee:

I do agree with Layla that your recovery comes first. With the next operation just days away, you need to take it extra easy!
 
Hi @LuvDisney
Definitely do as your OS advises. I guess I didn't get from your post that he wants you to refrain from walking.
I wouldn't be counting steps on a FitBit but walking only 15-30 mins, once or twice per day.
If he prefers you sit for the next five days, then you should. Sit and ice, sit and ice, sit and ice.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend!
 
@Layla, he didn’t want me doing nothing, just not to overdue anything. I spent quite a bit of time out of the house over the weekend which included some walking.
 
Had my Post-Op appt yesterday. The X-ray looks good. All set for my second surgery tomorrow. Have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am PST. Surgery is at 7:30am unless they call to change something today. I’m planning to go see a movie with my husband and get a pedicure with a friend today. I have instructions to shower tonight and I have chlorhexidine wipes to use. The wipes make me feel sticky so will be looking forward to my next shower on Friday.
 
Wishing you the best tomorrow. We'll look forward to your first post.
Enjoy your pedi, the movie and I hope you get some sleep tonight.
We'll be here for you!
@LuvDisney
 
Thinking of you today.
You have alot of well wishes coming your way.
Post when you are able...sending healing hugs in advance!:roseshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom