THR LuvDisney’s recovery journey

@Layla i did try with a pillow and still felt more pain than any other time. Hopefully more time will help that.
 
It’s officially been 2 days since I took a Percocet. Now only taking Tylenol for pain and the prescription Celebrex for a few more days. I’m still doing lots of ice but at rest my right hip is hurting more than my surgical Left hip so I guess that’s good news.
 
Sorry about the sleep thing @LuvDisney
I too had a hard time getting comfortable until much further along. Very frustrating, I know.
I'm guessing dropping the pain meds was one of your goals..or is it due to all the pressure about opioid prescriptions right now?
It would've been too early for me this early out, especially at night trying to sleep.
At two weeks out, I was definitely still icing constantly and on my meds and not comfortable sleeping.
Maybe not reassuring...but normal!
Also sympathise that your other hip is hurting.
This is the tough part...but it does get better.
Hope today is a better day.
 
It wasn’t the pressure about Opiods. I just don’t feel like I need them. I’m at about a 1-2 on the pain scale most of the time. After my short walk (less than a block) it’s maybe a 4. I’m sill icing all day and elevating. Getting into bed is usually my hardest task and even that’s barely hurting. I contemplated taking one for sleeping but it’s only if I try and be on my side that it hurts so didn’t think I should. I had virtually no swelling so I think that’s helped with the pain as well.
 
Good for you!
Just listen to that hip...things can seem slow but I took you are being a champ about it all !
:ok:
 
Hi @LuvDisney
Just noticed you're having a second surgery in 20 days. Brave soul going back for more.
This may as well be your healing Summer and Fall. They'll both be fixed and there will be no stopping you!
A great rest of the week to you.
 
It sounds like you are doing great. I remember the first time I tried to sleep on my side it felt very, very strange. It didn’t hurt but more,like the hip might fall out of the socket type feeling. I soon found that if I put a pillow in front of my legs to rest my operated hip/leg on, it helped. Once I started on my side it didn’t take long to feel pretty normal. I give you a lot of credit for signing up for your second surgery so soon but then again, it will be good to have them both behind you so you can finally get on with your life pain free. Just don’t push this first side and allow it to heal as much as possible before you have your next surgery. Sending healing thoughts your way. :yes!::flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333 im listening to it. Resting lots (I think my family thinks I should be doing more:thud:)

@Layla and @GrannyC yes. I had wanted to do bilateral hips but my surgeon prefers to space them out a little and once it was done I am so thankful for that! I have 20 days till the second surgery and as long as I don’t have any set-backs with this one I think I’ll be ready. My concern is being pushed to return to work. I need full range of movement for my job so I’m hopeful they don’t push me to fast.
 
I sleep with two pillows between my legs when I am on my side, plus I am sleeping on a super soft sofa, so I sink in and am supported somewhat on all sides. I know that 'pulling feeling'; you feel that you need another firm pillow at the small of your back to keep you in place. However I am becoming more used to sleeping on my back and now even do it by choice.
 
Yes, @An54 i feel like I need a lot more pillows to support me. Unfortunately it’s usually the middle of the night when I wish to turn and my husband is sleeping and not able to help me. He helps me so much during the day that I don’t want to disturb his sleep.
 
Which side do you sleep on? I'm slightly ahead of you and am still suffering back sleeping (which equals not sleeping), but would love to try sleeping on my side.
 
Yes, @An54 i feel like I need a lot more pillows to support me. Unfortunately it’s usually the middle of the night when I wish to turn and my husband is sleeping and not able to help me. He helps me so much during the day that I don’t want to disturb his sleep.

Yes, it's a tough one. One needs so much attention by day (would you please close/open those curtains/ pass me that cup, turn on/off that light/ get me a snack/ hand me that magazine/ pick that up/ move that/get that/do that etc, etc) that it doesn't seem fair to deny our caregivers a quiet night.
 
@Cassidy I sleep on either side.. usually my left but either would be better than my back.

@Layla my current off work paper is through Oct 4 which is only 6 weeks after my second surgery. He says the second should recover faster.

@An54, I feel so bad! He’s trying but I can tell I’m getting on his nerves. I try and do things myself but I can’t carry anything with the walker.
 
I try and do things myself but I can’t carry anything with the walker.
And he knows this!
I felt a certain helplessness, guilt, if you will, but it is temporary and you would do the same for him.
Post op blues are getting to you a bit I think..don't worry...this process is going to get you back to life...a story you will tell.
It'll be OK:console2:
 
[Bonesmart.org] LuvDisney’s recovery journey


[USER=30536]@An54[/USER], I feel so bad! He’s trying but I can tell I’m getting on his nerves. I try and do things myself but I can’t carry anything with the walker.[/QUOTE]

See attached photo . It’s not so good for bowls of soup, but good for many things !
 
I had a wicker basket with zipties
:ok:
 
Is groin pain normal? I feel like most of my pain has been minimal lately but today after walking a bit more I have pain in my groin which I hadn’t felt since before surgery.
 
Yes ma'am...it is.
And as you get more mobile, different pains can arrive in different places.
Keep that ice going and if you are doing any PT exercises..those may be the most likely suspect. That's what caused me groin pain.
It's when I dropped all but stretches and walking (worked on gait)
Hang in there...use that ice!
Hope eases soon!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom