THR LuvDisney’s recovery journey

So I did take a Percocet about an hour after just the Tylenol (500mg). I was able to sleep again after that for a few hours. I woke up still in pain though so I took another Tylenol and more ice. Will take another Percocet if I need it. This pain is just such a surprise as it had been a full week since I had needed the Percocet.
 
Both Celebrex and Naproxen are NSAIDs.

If you want to change, I suggest you try Tylenol 1,000mg 4 times a day (every 6hrs)

Josephine, does Tumeric inhibit bone growth? I’ve used it for inflammation in the past.
 
Percocet really messes with my head. Took it 3 hours ago and still feel out of it.

My OS said I could take 600mg of Ibuprofen 3x a day along with the 1000mg of Tylenol 4x a day. I know the NSAIDs aren’t good for bone regrowth but will a couple days of it be okay? I can’t take it starting next Wednesday anyways as I’ll be a week Pre-op.
 
Just realized today is my half-way Point. 15 days Post-op and 15 days Pre-Op.
 
Hey @LuvDisney.:wave:
Do what you think you need to do especially if doctor says it is OK.
Honestly, I want to say I don't like feeling out of it either, but I would make sure I had something on my stomach and certainly take my pain meds tonight.
You need the rest and mental relief, in my opinion.
I'm sure you are anxious and I wish I could fast forward you a few months so you can be glad for this surgery.
It does get better.:console2:
 
@Mojo333 im already happy for the surgery. It was just the sudden pain last night that threw me. I’m looking forward to the next surgery and hopefully getting on with my life pain free!
 
Glad to hear it!
I had times where I just was tired of it all.
You are going to do splendidly and just like me...one year post op, be feeling young and vibrant and ready to live life took the fullest!
And you will be able to do this:chuckmarch:
 
I agree with Mojo. You will be so glad you had it done! Besides being pain free, I found I actually had a bit more energy once I was healed. I had never realized how draining the pain was! My only regret is that I didn’t have it done sooner! You will get through this with flying colors. As far as your current pain, give your OS office a call and talk to them about your meds. They can suggest what might be the best solution and not make you feel out of it. Then rest as you can, ice and elevate. Then ice some more and gather up all your patience and you will have this conquered! Sending healing wishes your way! :yes!::happydance::yes!:
 
Thank you @GrannyC i did use Percocet to sleep last night and will attempt just the Tylenol and Ibuprofen today as my MD suggested. If I’m still in a lot of pain tomorrow I will message again.
 
Did anyone have increased pain when they went from a walker to a cane?! I’m wondering if it’s not just the not taking Celebrex anymore that is causing my pain increase. I was transitioned to a Cane on Monday and it was Tuesday my pain got to be so much worse.
 
Did anyone have increased pain when they went from ..... I was transitioned to a Cane on Monday and it was Tuesday my pain got to be so much worse.

“You were transitioned?” On whose authority if I may ask. It seems to me that ‘transitioning’ from one walking aid to another is something that the surgical patient should decide for herself. Sounds like you are not ready for a cane: your body is telling you this through the pain.
 
@An54 my PT showed me how to use the cane and I felt comfortable using it so I kept doing so. I think maybe I’m not walking straight enough for it though so maybe I’ll stick with the walker yet and see if I can get my pain back under control.
 
What kind of pain? Where exactly?
What approach did you have again? Is it muscle pain in quads?
 
@Mojo333 i had posterior approach the pain is so bad when attempting to walk I can’t even pin-point what it is. If I am reclined in the recliner I feel virtually nothing.

I’m adding myself to the Overdid it club. Went for a walk last night when the hip was already a little tender and went to bed crying. 2 Percocet and I was able to sleep. This morning I was supposed to go over to my apartment to get a few things (I’m not recuperating there) walked out to the car and got hot, flushed and pale. Told my husband I can’t do it. Went back inside and sat back down in the recliner and was feeling better. Got up to have some food and got nauseous again. This time it’s not passing as easily. Feeling quite miserable today.
 
Oh poor LuvDisney, I do hope this passes quickly for you. Give yourself some tender loving care, and rest, rest rest.
 
@An54 im in the recliner and plan to only get up for the bathroom and bed later. I’m not attempting any other movement today and hoping tomorrow is a new and better day.
 
@LuvDisney... As the Overly Cautious Club president...I can declare....you are overdoing it, girl!!
In the OCC we heed Bonesmart's wise advice about hips pretty much taking care of themselves if we give them the proper rest and some nice walks. But you are really so soon post op to be driving around and being that active, IMO. Especially while having such pain.

Have your hubby strap you down to the recliner!! I will bet you find the pain much improved after your rest... but don't just rest one day and call it a done deal. TWO BIGGEST BONES IN YOUR BODY. Sawed, broken, reconstructed. Femur is huge! You can't just skip off after a few weeks. I hope you will stay put for awhile and ice, and feel much better very soon! Sending cautious healing vibes to you!
 
I'm sorry ...really, that you are struggling so.
My humble advice...do as little as possible, virtually nothing for the next week....if you have overdone it or aggravated something, may take several days to ease.
If still that much pain..no easing...
In few days...go see OS.
I am sending you the best mojo possible!
 
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. After walking a lot yesterday getting to the beach i too am in pain when walking. I went back to a crutch today and spent most of my time in the recliner where I ice and have no pain. Hoping we both feel less pain tomorrow.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom