Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Josephine Ill try substituting the Tylenol 1,00 mg next time Im due for a pill. The only reason Im substituting at all is because the pharmacy will NOT fill my new rx until Tuesday. My last rx was for 3x daily, and I am running out. My new rx is for 4x daily, but they dont care. I dont know if its an insurance thing, or a pharmacy thing, but i may just call them to find out today.
 
Lucia, I hope your back feels better soon. :console2: I use to suffer with back issues.....not good! Take care my bilateral buddy! I am feeling a bit down today...just sad for some reason. Maybe part of it is one of my parakeets is very sick and laying on the bottom of the cage. I think she had a stroke yesterday. I feel helpless... I just hope she goes quickly so she does not suffer. This is the sad part of having animals...
 
It's a US government/FDA thing. They're getting jumpy about people abusing narcotics so naturally don't give a rat's behind about people who are genuinely in pain!
 
It's a US government/FDA thing. They're getting jumpy about people abusing narcotics so naturally don't give a rat's behind about people who are genuinely in pain!


Dr. Oz had a segment just on the subject of addiction to these prescription drugs and overdose last week. It may have been a rerun. But it did not help those people who need and use pain pills properly after major surgery. It makes Drs afraid to give them to you. They made it seem on the segment that EVERYONE was abusing them.
 
gazelle7777 it so sux! Now, if I run out, I will be forced to use one or two doses of percocet until I can pick up the new rx Tuesday. I will have to make sure to have some espresso in the house to be sure I have a quick remedy. With any luck, 1 dose wont be too big a deal. I tried using Tylenol today for my 5 oclock dose, and by 8pm I had to break down and use a vicodin. gazelle7777 Im so sorry about your parakeet. Ive had many parakeets my life and have cried over each that passed. They are all special to us. Parakeets are so so delicate. Try a heating pad under the cage with a cover around 3 sides. It helps sometimes. Let me know how things are going.
 
Jesus so sorry about all the typos! Im in bed and using my tablet. So difficult to go back and forth to check my typing
 
Jesus so sorry about all the typos! Im in bed and using my tablet. So difficult to go back and forth to check my typing
You can always go back and edit any of your posts if you see errors. I did it for you on this one.
 
Im ine/r was brushing teeth stood up felt something weird then couldnt straighten leg agll the way couldnt bear weight. Some pain when flexing moving or straightening. Im scared scared scared crying and scared. @ josephine ant words of wisdom?
 
I'm worried about you- how are you doing? Has the leg improved from this morning when you wrote this?
If it hasn't- call you doctor's service to have him contact you. If you can't get him- he must have someone on call for him. Call the hospital you had the surgery in- someone must be on duty today to talk to you about your leg.
I'm thinking and praying for you.
 
Luisa I would do what gidem said. If it is still going on call someone. It sounds like a muscle spasm. Do you have any magnesium capsules? Magnesium is a very good muscle relaxer.
 
Dear luisa,
What happened this morning ? Are you any better ? Please let us know how you are doing,
We care,
Diana :console2:
 
Dx is small tear in quad muscle. Bedrest til I see surgeon tuesday. Is thisan oddity does this sort of thing happen sometimes?
 
Imy other post was unclear i wzs sl upset i couldnt type. I had already called surgeon and was on my way to the hospital. I wzs seen by 2 ortho interns that spoke to my surgeon directly.
m happy they ruled out device malfunction and no bone problems. They did a sono gram to find out about soft tissue and thats when they saw a small tear near knee. Please say a prayer all this info is correct. Them did seem certainbutuntili see my surgeon tuesday imfull of worry. I am now ableto weight bear gently and do have SOME rom but its def compromised due to thigh pain. I was able go walk 100hards and go up 3 steps. Again weight bearing lightly on left leg. I do fee, better joint isnt locked and I can actually walk not hop like I did when I got into the car.
 
Luisa I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope it does not set your recovery back too far. Please keep in touch . I hope you can get some rest waiting until Tuesday.
 
Luisa, sorry to hear about your quad tear. There's probably no reason for it besides "stuff happens," and we never can tell when or what that "stuff happening" will be. Sounds like you're on the right track by ratcheting back your activity. Keep healing and hope Tuesday's news is good!
 
I felt less pain after lying down for a few hours. Got up to use the bathroom and BAM pain back. Icant help feelingabsolutely terrified thats its something worse. I know it sounds crazy but im so so so terrified to the point ofshaking. I pray tomorrow is better
 
Luisa- thank goodness you were able to see someone yesterday and find out the source of the pain.
I'm also glad you have the appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday.
I can imagine how frightened you were and are- but remember- you are strong and will get through this. What you've been through already since surgery has shown how strong you are and it will help you get through this.
We are all here with you and will continue to be with you through this.
Rest up today and keep us informed.
 
Dear luisa,
I am so sorry this happened to you :sorry: at least you were smart enough to get prompt medical
Attention. I will say a :angel: that at your doctors app. Tomorrow, resting a bit will be all you
Have to do to get better :)
Thinking of you always,
Hugs,
Diana :console2:
 
I am in less pain today. Walked to the bathroom bearing very little weight on l leg trying not to use quad muscle . So far no pain today...or at least very mild. Haven't taken pain meds since 4am. Swelling is min to mod well... I notice it but its not ballooned out. Swelling is mostly in thigh area and just mildly over left side of knee which is pretty much where tear is supposed to be. Touching my quad isn't painful, but that's def sore in entire quad muscle not just at tear site. Josephine does this all seem consistent with a tear. I'm so afraid I have hardware failure ... just making myself crazy .. I know. Hospital didn't feel there was anything wrong based on xray. Do you think I should insist on an MRI or is sonogram enough?
 
Dear luisa,
Your diagnosis was a quad tear. What did they tell you to do ? They also consulted with your surgeon.
I know it's easy for me to say....take a deep breath... I'm sure your replacement is fine :) please try & relax
Until your doctor's app.
Wishing you only my best,
Hugs :console2:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom