Guest viewing is limited

LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sandbar525 thats great! Isn't the Internet wonderful? I've also made some good friends via the courses I have done which has really helped in settling into a new area. I'm glad the link was useful.:wowspring:
 
Another morning in Oxfam sorting and pricing and was due to go to my Art Appreciation class but the knee was tired so I came home instead. It woke me up a couple of times last night too. I think I roll over and move something about. Am a little worried about sleeping on my back after the operation as I snore! :bignono:
But I expect I'll just have to snore . My poor husband will be sick of me :tantrum:. Two weeks to go for the 25th of November FOUR. @Wilma, @eldon ,@Shellbell
 
@SuperSnapper I somehow learned to sleep sitting straight up, with my back against pillows on the headboard. I never thought I could, but I do better with that than being flat on my back. I can't sleep that way. You'll figure out what works best for you.

Connie
 
@ConnieJOS thats a good idea. I will definitely give it ago. You've just reminded me that I slept like that after I hurt my ribs!
 
Good knee day today. Went to the gym and did 7km plus all my knee strengthening exercises and then had a lovely swim. Will I be able to swim breaststroke again after my operation? I can't do crawl . Operation day 12 sleeps and counting !
 
m a little worried about sleeping on my back after the operation as I snore! :bignono:
But I expect I'll just have to snore . My poor husband will be sick of me
i slept in a recliner in my living room---I did not want to wake up my wife, nor did she want to roll over and bump me. My recliner was my "fortress" for about the first four weeks or so.
 
@SuperSnapper , Glad to hear you had a good knee day! Just reading what you did at the gym, tired me out. Unfortunately, today wasn't as good for me. Having bad knees day and finally thought I found something I could comfortably do, then the blasted power went out! :blackcloud: Thankfully it wasn't out for long, but then the moment had passed.
 
@eldon hope your knees are not so bad today. I get bad days too. I have to alternate gym days with doing less days. Today will be much less active. I have suspended my gym membership for two months from my op day but am hoping to get back. Just wished I lost weight though with exercise. Doesn't seem to work.
It's grey and miserable here. I guess a good thing about having surgery now will be we can stay in the warm. Or is it always warm in your bit of the States?
 
Why has my avatar changed to Micrport Othopedics! Where are my penguins? Can everyone else see them but not me? Don't like the new avatar! What is going on?
 
@SuperSnapper I too was worried about being able to sleep on my back since I am a side sleeper. Found out that I could sleep without problem when propped up on two pillows behind my back and neck into semi-seated position and then the Bone Smart three pillow wedge. Sleeping like the proverbial baby! :)
 
@SuperSnapper Still doing very well, thanks! I'm posting daily in my recovery journal on the post-op thread (11-11-2014 LTKR my recovery journal). I know it's still really early in the recovery process but so far, so good. I think much is due to all of the great information gained from this site. Of course, my OS may have had something to do with it. :) You are actually doing a lot of the hard word now...waiting!! Stay positive. I'm thinking good thoughts for you.
 
@sandbar525 thanks for the encouraging words and thoughts. Your positive posts have been so good to read and your progress great to share in.
9 more sleeps! My grandaughter aged 10 is really worried about my operation her mum told me today so going to get all 4 of the grandchildren a little present from me for being so lovely. This surgery really impacts on the family. And they know there are things I haven't been able to do this year. All my family are so supportive and will help out. Just want to get it over with now.
 
@SuperSnapper That is so sweet about your grandaughter. Maybe give her a little chore like filling your water glass to make her feel like she is really helping in your recovery. That's wonderful your family is very supportive. I'm in the same position with my daughter and my two sisters (we are a very small family but very close). We do so many things together and it has been apparent how my activity level has dwindled over the past couple of years. They are excited to get me back, too! 9 more sleeps and we will be chatting on "the other side"! :)
 
Good day today but nerves really building. Took my repeat prescription request to my GP because the hospital wants 7 days of meds to take with me. Then made 3 lots of cakes for an Oxfam coffee morning tomorrow at the shop where I volunteer. Haircut this afternoon - fairly short cut to see me tidily into the New Year! This evening was my last German class before my operation. It's such fun and the teacher is great and makes us all feel good even though we are only beginners. I'm hoping to go back at the end of January if my knee recovers well. Everyone was wishing me well for next week. They are such a lovely group of people. I'm trying hard to keep busy this week and have a bit of Christmas shopping to do on Thursday. Just thinking about everything that needs to be done is a headache!
 
Hello! As it gets closer you will think of a million things you "ought" to do before surgery. Some of them you will do, but in the end some of them may not even matter. It's interesting that you take your meds to the hospital. They told me specifically NOT to take mine, just a list of them. They administer all medications. I hope it all goes well for you!
 
the hospital wants 7 days of meds to take with me

@SuperSnapper, Yum, the cake sound good! Our hospital here in the states is just the opposite. "Leave all meds at home, we will supply all medications. Just bring your current list of meds." Good that I don't have to take them, bad in that they will probably charge me 20x's the price for each pill.
 
@kneeper ,@Josephine @Roy Gardiner Some question for post op. Can I swim breaststroke when I'm fully recovered ? And how do you manage to get off the floor when down there with grandkids etc?
I go to the gym regularly do lots of floor exercises , play with the children at home and swim and really want to get back to all that maybe months down the line but eventually. Will it be OK?
 
Breast stroke is contra-indicated by some. I don't really know, though.

Same way you did before, when you had good knees :), eventually.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom