Guest viewing is limited

LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our oft shared wisdom that these operations are all different for different people, I'm fraid it's something you'll have to wait and see on.

I can see no reason why breast stroke shouldn't be done eventually but then the same applies to kneeling. Everyone's different.
 
@Shellbell , @Wilma , @eldon , @Marciebp
Hi "Novermber 25th 5" How are you all doing?
I am washing new nightclothes etc and packing my case today so that I can make sure that I have the things i need. I think I have everything at home set up for when I get back apart from the toilet seat thingy which I have decided not to buy. Have you got one? I have bought a support for round the loo so I can heave myself off it.
Did last minute shopping yesterday in Leeds. Not doing any food freezing as Mr P has volunteered to cook and he is pretty good - likes trying new recipes and we have a mega fish and chip shop quite near if we are desperate!

Hope you all have a good day.
 
Hi All - I am off to get my last B12 shot - check in with GP - hair done - nails done - buy a few toiletries - meet a friend for lunch + it's Friday treat night (wine). Busy day!
I've got a few M&S meals in freezer for hubby while I am 'otherwise engaged' as he is useless in the kitchen and would live off bread and butter! I have strategies in hand for when I'm home.

I haven't got any 'aids' for when I'm home. I am a little unsure as to what I might need. I've been practicing getting on and off the loo with my leg straight - might not be as easy when it hurts like hell!! :tantrum2: I'm presuming that the hospital will provide a walker/crutches. Maybe I need to check?!?!

This is looming very near now :scaredycat:- but I can't wait!

Have a good weekend - last one with the worn out knee!

Deb x
 
Hi all, :wave: Today I do my pre-op PA visit and then to the hospital lab to get my last lab (type and screen) and my lab bracelet. Then a few errands, and then husband is treating me to dinner out (my birthday is tomorrow). Then it is just vegging out the rest of the weekend and Monday.

I didn't make and freeze any dinners. Husband seems to be allergic to cooking and barely knows which side of the pan goes on the burner (as he tries to make me believe), though he can make the best scrambled eggs (the only thing he will cook, except microwaving a can of soup) but I did stock up on freezer dinners that all he has to do is pop them into the oven until I am back in the kitchen.

I already have a rolling walker that I used in past surgery. We put in a taller toilet when we redid the bathroom a few years ago and I found that my walker will fit around it (with me sitting on the pot) and it is major easy to stand up with the walker and one leg with it close to me like that. I didn't get a shower seat and may decide to later, but we also have a high sided tub/shower set up that I can sit on if I need to.

Other than buying a new icing set up, (not using a machine, but loaded up on wrap-able gel packs that fit into a cloth cover), I really haven't bought any home aid devices.

Oh, and I need to remember to put my name on my walker and cane (I use a cane now and will need it getting into the hospital and until surgery) Other than that, I think I'm all set.

I'm looking forward to reading how you all are doing on the other side of Tuesday! I may be a little slow to write though as I don't use a smart phone or ipad, and I use a desk top computer. :type: But I will check in after my surgery as soon as I can.

It feels somewhat weird in that I'm so excited about getting something done that is going to be painful. But, arthritis pain vs. a healing pain, I'll take any day! The excitement is because I'm getting closer to getting my lifestyle back! Tuesday, one down, one more to go!
 
Hi all! It sounds like you all have it figured out. I'm trying to stay well with kiddos sick at home. Obsessive hand washing, I think, is the key. I have my bag packed. I received my CPM machine yesterday. Looks like that will be beneficial. I received my reacher and big gel ice pack yesterday. I haven't purchased any other aids. We haven't prepared any meals but my hubby and oldest daughter can cook so I think we'll be ok. I need to run to Walmart for a couple things. I plan on working on the house this weekend and washing linens. Otherwise, I'm gonna rest and count down the seconds. I've been told either today or Monday I'll find out what time my surgery is. We were told to stop all vitamins 5 days prior to surgery but I wish I could still drink Emergen C. It works really well to boost your immune system and gives me peace of mind. I'm so ready for this!! I'm excited for all of us and glad we have each other!


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
The happiest of birthdays to you! Where are you going to eat---what is on the menu?

It looks like you will be receiving a new knee for your birthday, too---and you know what that means?

A new, happier, pain-free lifestyle!

Keep us updated as to how things are going!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@eldon Wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow! Sending you one of my flower photos!
[Bonesmart.org] LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome
    upload_2014-11-21_13-36-45.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 243
as he is useless in the kitchen and would live off bread and butter! I have strategies in hand for when I'm home.
That is too bad---I learned a long time ago how to cook, and I really enjoy doing it---no baking, mind you---just cooking.

When I was living alone in my first several years of teaching, I figured that I could spend a lot of money and eat out, save money and eat crappy food, or teach myself how to cook. I chose the latter.
I am a little unsure as to what I might need.

Maybe I need to check?!?!
I would call the OS's office and talk to the person who normally works with the insurance company. They can tell you what the SOP is as to what is provided, and what you need to purchase---and what the OS normally does in terms of protocol---crutches, walker, etc.
 
@eldon Happy Birthday!!! What a cool thing...a new knee for your birthday! Probably the best gift ever :) I hope your day is full of sunshine and love and warmth ( wind chills here are below zero today).


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :thankyou: Kind of cool getting a new knee for my birthday! :)

@SuperSnapper - What a beautiful picture! Love the black and white format! Thank you very much for the flowers. :flwrysmile:

@referee54 - On the menu... most definitely fresh sea food. Not sure of the restaurant yet, as we have so many good ones here.

Luckily we haven't had any measurable snow yet. Just really cold.

@Shellbell :fingersx: stay well. Surgery is only a few more days away!
 
On the menu... most definitely fresh sea food. Not sure of the restaurant yet, as we have so many good ones here.
I love really good seafood---my wife and go to the best seafood restaurant around every year for our anniversary.

It has an interesting name---Salmon Dave's---a play on words---Sam and Dave's or Salmon Dave's---their lobster bisque is to die for.
 
The first day or so scrambled eggs may be just the thing, @eldon . Generally our appetites are down at first. Scrambled eggs will give you some good protein.
 
@eldon Happy Birthday from me, too! :) I agree with kneeper about the eggs. I hard boiled six eggs the day before surgery and had them in the refrigerator as easy protein snacks for when I got home. It worked great.
 
Good day today with lunch out but we drove about an hour, I got out of the car and my knee was really painful so I limped around a castle! There were quite a few steps but the knees were ok with those! Makes no sense at all to me! Three more sleeps!
 
@SuperSnapper, I just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope it all goes really smoothly and you are back here soon telling us all about it.
I will be having my second knee done on Dec 6th, so hopefully we can share good recovery chats. Xxx
 
@Ellejay
Thanks so much for the good wishes, it's all a bit scary isn't it? I see its your left one too. And you had the right done earlier in the year. Wow! It'll be good to share recovery stories too. It seems ages since I first was told I'd need this op and now it's nearly here. mixed feelings but just today to get through.
Enjoy your remaining pre op days . We've been so busy lately, it's been good.
Best wishes
 
Good luck , to all impending surgery members and remember do recovery right unlike someone who got told off from all and sundry- whistles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom