Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

I've had little girls in my class wear them in the warm weather. I thought they were so cute.
 
Cute outfit. I teach middle schoolers to sew in our asp program. A couple of the girls have done quite well. Last year my only 8th grader wanted to make something for her baby sister, so I cut out a dress for her to sew. It turned out cute, even though she did not follow directions on the hem. I secretly got with her mom on size and all, and I think she had it done in time for Easter. Usually they want to make pillows and bags. I've had a couple of boys, but only one lasted the whole year. He did well. We are considered a "bad" school, but if I can get the kids to focus, they do OK and are so proud of their projects! They love showing them off to their teachers.
 
What a cute romper! I love the daisies and yellow straps. It's adorable!

Like the pics of the camper. I really want to get another one. It's so fun to set up your stuff and go. I love an outdoor kitchen, but on our of camper, that's all we had. Fun except when it's cold or a lot of bees.

We like to go off-roading in our Wrangler, which has a 3,500 tow rating. Like you, I'm not too excited about spending six figures for a motorhome and towing the Jeep. Like I could, anyways :snork:. Buying a different tow vehicle would give us more options, but then we couldn't take the Jeep.

We didn't plan a vacation this year because of my knee. Bummer.

I hope you're able to go on an adventure this year!
 
Thanks, @LoveGiants I want an RV because I can keep it stocked all the time, add food and clothes and go. It's so much nicer to have your own stuff around you on vacation, and I'm tired of trying to find rental cabins every year that fit all our criteria. I don't really like hotel rooms, and I hate eating out for more than a meal or two. We didn't plan a vacation this year either due to this knee.....:bawl::tantrum2: If we don't find a truck and trailer this year we plan to take a cruise to either Hawaii or Alaska next year as long as my knee allows me to walk around all the ports. My SUV has a 3500 lb limit also. I did like the option of having both an indoor kitchen and outdoor on one of the ones we looked at....so many decisons...lol.
 
Love your new avatar, poor little guy.
How is your knee doing? Same old, same old?
A cruise is a good option, as for getting around, you will be fine. There are so may day trips to choose from, that you can find one that will work for you. We had people on my cruise to Antarctica using the Go Go scooters, on and off the tenders and buses, they went everywhere.
 
@Pumpkln Same old, same old is exactly right. I see my OS on the 23rd, although I just received an email from his assistant saying she was trying to get me in sooner, even though I told her the 23rd was fine, so maybe my OS asked for an app't sooner-who knows. Good info on the scooters and getting around. I'm worried about getting around the ship and the shore so may want to wait. I still have no idea why this knee won't go down to a normal size and why it still hurts. Sideways movement is killer, so I still have to be aware and not turn my knee, but turn my whole body. When I forget I get a sharp reminder not to do that.
How's your knee behaving these days?
 
I feel the same way—love my own stuff and cooking real food. I saved our dishes and other items from our camper. My favorite small camper is the Lance 1475. It would be too small for major cross-country trips. Maybe. We spent 16 days in our tiny Tab, so I think I could do it. We're used to backpacking, so any camper is big by comparison :snork:.

My husband looked at See Grins in Gilroy and they quoted a better price than we've seen elsewhere.
 
See Grins-I'll have to check them out, thanks. We have pretty much decided on a trailer or 5th wheel, so first we need to get a truck. And sell or trade-in hubby's Fusion......
 
According to the results, my nickel reaction was "reactive". I don't really know what that means though.......

Non Reactive less than 2
Mildly Reactive 2 to 4
Reactive 4 to 8
Highly Reactive above 8

I'm glad to hear your knee is behaving!
 
Kim,
I am going to put some arbitrary percentages to your numbers, remembering, I am not familiar with how they rate reactivity.

Non Reactive less than 2 = less than 20%
Mildly Reactive 2 to 4 = 20% to 40%
Reactive 4 to 8 = 40% to 80%
Highly Reactive above 8 = 80% to 100%

Ask your OS exactly what 4 to 8 means, sound like while you did not have a major reaction, your reacted, and more than just a little bit.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom