Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

@lovetocookandsew - I sorry to hear about your discouragement and feeling of hopelessness. I hope it's not an allergy. You're in my prayers.

@uva55 - yep!! I do *have* to iron on occasion (check the calendar for important meetings), but thankfully my husband likes Beans wrinkle-free shirts.

@KarriB - Wasn't Wicked fantastic??? I loved it. I'm so glad you got to go.
 
@KarriB I know he wants to see me again in the near future, but I don't know when. I forgot to ask when he wanted to see me again when he told me at my last app't that he'd have his assistant schedule another app't, so if I don't see one upcoming sometime soon, I'll call and ask her to do it. She was out on leave for a while, so I suspect he may have forgotten to add the request to my chart.
@LoveGiants Thanks. I appreciate any and all prayers and good thoughts. We know I have a nickel allergy, we just don't know if that's the problem with my knee or not. That's what makes it so difficult.
 
@lovetocookandsew - Ah, that's sounds like a challenge. And as you said, the thought of another surgery isn't palatable now. I'm sure that would mean a revision to use a nickel-free implant. Yikes. I can understand how that would be despairing. Sorry to hear that.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
 
Kim, I do know how you feel. After my washout/spacer exchange the knee would not stop seeping, 3 weeks after the surgery we were discussing a 3rd surgery that would take the knee out and put in an antibiotic spacer for 6 weeks. I was nearly hysterical in the office, just thinking of a third surgery in three months and then a 4th after that. I thought of what a waste the surgery has been and the 3 weeks so far of recovering from that surgery. It was at that point that I prayed God would heal the infection. I am more than thankful everyday! You are in my prayers, Kim.
 
Thank-you so much, @KarriB You went through a really hard time, and I'm so glad everything is good now on that knee; my prayers are with you also as you get ready to deal with its neighbor. While my knee is not nearly as bad as yours was, I'm really discouraged not knowing if this is all I get or if it will get better. It hasn't gotten better in over two years despite three surgeries. If I knew it was going to heal and do well eventually, I could more easily deal with the path to healing, but not seeing improvement and not knowing if there will be improvement is what's hard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You have been fighting a long time to finally have your knee work they way you want it to. I hope there is an answer that will tell you whether a final surgery would fix it once and for all.
 
Another hurdle tackled...My granddaughter's birthday is next Sunday. When I asked her what she wanted, she said she wants me to sew her something. Since I finished her quilt before this last surgery, I started making her a romper today. I'll make her a couple of them, plus a dress or two for school, although I won't have them all finished before her birthday. I can sew for a while, then have to get this dang knee elevated. But, I'm sewing again! :yes!::happydance:
 
That's great! How old is she? What a sweet girl to ask for something homemade.

I'm so glad you're back to something you love doing. It's so good for the soul.

:flwrysmile::spin:
 
She will be 7. She is a sweetheart-whether it's Christmas or her birthday, she always says she already has everything she needs or wants, so we can get her whatever we want. So, it was nice that she actually told me something this time.
 
I have found sewing to be pleasurable recovering from my knee. I can actually focus on it, where I still find it hard to read. If only I could stop jamming my knee into the table right on the incision! (Although today I did very well making sure the chair was pulled back from the table!) Hope you find sewing relaxing too.
 
That is great that you can do your sewing! She sounds precious and very smart :) She is keeping you home doing something you like...not up on your feet shopping. Very perceptive child:) Please post a picture of the finished romper! I wish I could sew, have always wanted to make a quilt.
 
@birdwatchr I have a fairly small sewing room, so I bought some tables and those cube bookshelves from Ikea for my sewing area. I had a small sewing table but hated it as my machine kept hitting the wall when it was in embroidery mode, plus it was too small to fit anything. So I bought a corner table and two side tables for my machines and the cube shelf and a table top for my cutting table. (see pictures) I never hit my knee on the table anymore as it's higher than my old table.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    sewing table.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 240
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    cutting table.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 227
You did a great job with a small space. I love Ikea! Got everything there for my kitchen remodel a few years back.
Did you make the button picture? It is so cute.
 
Look at your sewing room, it's so organised! I'm a bit envious to tell the truth. I hope you enjoy the sewing, your granddaughter sounds like a real sweetie. I always like making something for a special someone :loveshwr:
 
I've actually been considering buying a sewing machine now that I'm retired. It would be nice to make valances, pillow covers, etc.
 
@PegGar16 Thank-you. I did make the button machine picture. I saw it on the internet, and liked it so much I made one myself. They were selling it for something like $50, which was more than I wanted to spend, so I made it for almost nothing. I already had the buttons, I took a frame I had that was gold, had hubby spray it matte black, then traced the shape onto a foam poster board cut to fit the frame. Hot glued tons of buttons, added a needle that we sprayed gold, and it was done. I also made the bulletin boards with some foam insulation board that I covered in fabric. I love Ikea too. If you look closely, you'll see a lot of Ikea in my sewing room. The curtains, shortened to fit, the rail above the sewing machine, spray painted black to match, the cutting table and sewing table, the shelves above the sewing table, etc. I also bought my kitchen cabinets from Ikea for our kitchen remodel. Did I mention I love Ikea? lol.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    button machine.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 169
@Tabbycat Thank-you. I am kind of one of those overly organized type persons...lol. I'm not as anal as some, but am definitely more so than others.....:heehee: I know what you mean about making something special for special people.
 
Back
Top Bottom