Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Thank-you Marian. I'm sure there are a lot of things I haven't thought of, but hopefully I'm covered for most things. When it comes to the kitchen, my husband is amazing at remodeling, but horrible at cooking, so unless I want fast food or pancakes every meal, it's a necessity.......:heehee:
 
You will be well fed, thanks to all your work when you go home. Two more sleeps and the surgery will be behind you.
 
@Pumpkln Hoping I actually sleep tonight..midnight last night found me cleaning to distract my mind since I couldn't sleep between not being able to take anything for my pain, plus my mind was spinning......
 
You are almost there!!! We are going to be looking for your first post on the other side!!!

When it comes to the kitchen, my husband is amazing at remodeling, but horrible at cooking, so unless I want fast food or pancakes every meal, it's a necessity.......:heehee:
When I was living alone in my first several years as an educator, I taught myself how to cook. I figured that I would either spend a great deal of money eating restaurant food, or save money and eat healthier and tastier food. So, I taught myself how, and I still love to cook for my family. I actually roast the two turkeys (about 58 lbs, total) for our family's Thanksgiving Dinner, and I make a mean spaghetti sauce with sweet Italian sausage, and meat sauce (and home-made garlic bread with cheese, too.)
 
@referee54 That was a very smart decision! And I'll bet you're a great cook and your family is grateful. I think I'd rather do our cooking and let my husband do all the repairs, remodeling, etc....lol. He does an amazing job at the things he does, albeit s...l...o...w..l...y at times. Although I know if he were single he'd eat pancakes and eggs or Mexican fast food every meal...........:rotfl: I don't even let him near the BBQ-I prefer my food nicely cooked and he tends to cremate it, bones and all. :heehee:
 
@Tabbycat Thank-you! I am doing the things that I purposely left to fill the time today and keep my mind busy, and resting my knee in between. I can't take anything for pain now, so am going to ice a lot today.
 
I love to Bar=B-Que ----I dry rub the ribs and then I slow cook them prior to putting them on the grill. I also love to cook salmon on a cedar plank (that is the menu for tonight.)
 
I love ribs, but if it lives in water, I won't eat it......I also use a dry rub on ribs, but then put them in the smoker....yum. I'm making a chef's salad for dinner tonight to use all the rest of the fresh produce in the fridge that'll otherwise go to waste since as we all know now, hubby won't use them. :loll:
 
I'm also waiting to hear what time I go in tomorrow-I hope it's an early time as I really hate waiting around all day, especially with not being allowed to eat!
 
I'm also waiting to hear what time I go in tomorrow-I hope it's an early time as I really hate waiting around all day, especially with not being allowed to eat!
I also hope that you get the early surgical slot! Waiting and going into the afternoon is not good when you are hungry and nervous! "Get'R Done!"
 
Well, I just got my surgery instructions and I need to be there at 12:25 pm. While not the early morning time I was hoping for, at least it's not 4 pm. :scaredycat:
 
Good luck tomorrow! I had the same late time ( I was the last one of the day). It did help that when I couldn't fall asleep the night before that I didn't have to get up early. :heehee:
 
I'll be praying everything goes well for you. I know how it feels to go into surgery not knowing what things will look like when you're done. First question I asked when I woke up was, "do I still have a knee?"
 
Hoping everything goes well!! I realize you have a lot of ?? to bridge but also have a team in whom you trust...we will all stay confident that your trust is reciprocated.
Onward!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks, everyone! Though my nerves are in full throttle, I am ready to get this over with. The not knowing is very hard, but I'm dealing with it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom