Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Thank-you, Suzie! It's always so nice to come here and chat with others who understand. I always appreciate this site and the people on here.
 
Not much longer and you will get some sleep complements of the anesthesiologist. Sending you and your surgeon positive thoughts for this afternoons surgery. :friends:
 
Looking out for you on the other side, hoping all goes well for you today.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
I hope all goes well today!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all. I'm done with surgery. I got to my room around 9 pm last night. I'm in a lot of pain most of the time . It's really hurting right now so I'm trying to distract myself as much as possible. I've slept a little but kept waking in pain all night. No answers yet but I haven't spoken to the doctor.He spoke to my daughter and husband but all we know is tissues and fluid went to lab and the three week wait begins. I'm on antibiotics and pain meds. They have the icing machine on and it feels nice. Haven't eaten in 36 hours. I have a private room again which is nice. I'll post again after I speak to the doctor this am. The night nurse pushed me into oral pain meds all night and I just threw up the latest dose. The doctor said to wait but she wouldn't give me IV pain meds except after taking oral ones. Going to have my doctor deal with them about it.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Been thinking about you lots, glad the surgery is over and hope you can have some peace of mind while waiting for the results and a good outcome eventually. I'm sorry you're in so much pain and can't get IV pain meds, being sick is horrible. Hope they sort it soon. Try to get some rest.
All the best,
Love Tabby xxx
 
Glad to see you post after your surgery. Sorry to hear about Nurse Cruela withholding effective pain medications, hope you tossed your cookies all over them.
Hoping your OS comes in soon, you can hold food down, and you start to feel better.
Looking forward to what your OS has to say about your surgery. Glad they made it clear you samples will be grown out for 3 weeks.
 
I am praying for a good outcome for your pain and for your samples!
 
I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I hope your OS can take care of that problem and also give you something to help with the nausea so you can eat a little. I'm praying that you have no infection present.
 
Glad the surgery is done. Sorry you got a power hungry nurse, hope you don't have to deal with her too often. I was only able to take Tramadol without throwing up after surgery. Keep the ice going, that feels so good, doesn't it? I hope you won't be in too !much pain today. This is the worst of it, hang on there. We are all thinking about you and wishing you a smooth recovery. Hope you can get some rest today.
 
Thank you everyone. After throwing up I refused any more oral pain meds so I'm a bit under medicated. Pt was just here and I told her I am not going to do some of what she wants me to do. OS will be here soon. Apparently he forgot to change protocol meds.... going to be stern with him if that's the case. Pain level is higher than it should be so will fix that problem asap. Btw...almost didn't make it to toss my cookies in the barf bag...it just exploded out of me. Wish I had tossed a wee bit her way:heehee:
 
Hang in there Kim. Remember, they work for YOU not the other way around. I hate how even the pharmacy technicians try to push their weight around with us 'little-patients'. They are there to serve us and assist with our recovery. Not to 'lord over' us with their name tags. I remember reading in Josephine's recovery how she had a nurse come in and throw her weight around and she got it thrown right back at her.. by Jospehine- LOL! :yahoo:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom