Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Hi @Shortie

Woohoo you're recovering. I'm so pleased for you. I really am x

You really went thought the mill with this recovery process and now to be able to read that you're doing so well makes my heart fill with joy and happiness for you.

You have been a wonderful support for me during my recovery popping in now and again, checking and I thank you for that. I think this is the true beauty of this site. We are all in the same boat but different circumstances.

Well done Shortie, you rock!!!

Love Ann x x x
 
Happy to hear how well you are doing. Thanks for this great report.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Sounds like you're doing well, @Shortie . I love to hear that you're sleeping well.
 
Hello Everyone and Happy New year.

I've not popped in for a while as I have been so busy - good busy!

My knee is good - I'm not on any painkillers at all now - getting off the OxyContin took a bit of determination but all good now.
Knee ROM is fully straight and just past 90 but as there is no pain (not saying it doesn't get achy) it is completely functional.
I got a bike for Christmas and after 3 years with not really being able to I am building up and can now do over 5 miles at a time - it is soooo good to finally be able to get outside and exercise - and boy do I need to exercise I need to lose so much weight but it will go now I am more active.
I have been having physio not so much for my actual knee but all the other bits - calves hamstrings glutes etc which haven't had to do much (or been compensating with doing something else) for so long.
I have also been looking for and got a new job - I decided that I could just about manage my job (A&E Staff Nurse) doing 12.5 hour shifts but I was fed up just managing and so I have managed to get a Research Nurse post working Monday to Friday 8am - 4 pm no nights no long shifts no weekends and as a bonus it is a band higher than my A&E job - I start on 2nd February so it is new year new knee new job I am looking onwards and upwards - something I haven't really done for so long thought the whole knee saga!

So life is good - I hope I am one of the stories that I have read in the past to give hope that although things seem impossible at the time there is hope for a good outcome and hope for getting your life back after knee problems.

Happy new year Everyone - over the next few days I will try to catch up to everyone's posts you are all a fantastic group of people supporting each other xx

Shortie xx
 
Oh Happy New Year Shortie!!! how wonderful to read your fantastic news! Oh I can't get over it!!

That's the most fantastic post ever! Oh I'm so honestly and genuinely pleased for you. What a relief after all you've been through.

Your recovery to say the very least, was a challenge and to read this has made me glad to the soul. It gives me so much hope as well.

Congratulations on getting a new job, that's just fantastic news and an added bonus of of a band up salary wise, s just amazing.

Well done and thanks ever so much for your support when I was having all that trouble with mine earlier on.
good luck but please, stay in touch if you can.

Woohoo!!!

Love Ann (Nana moon 27) xxx
 
Wonderful report Shortie, you new job sounds like a better fit for you all around with regular hours, and shorter shifts.
Wishing you all the best with your new job, and enjoy your new knee.
 
Shortie, I so admire people who do not feel stuck--but go out and see what the world holds for them. It will be so much easier to loose weight without shift work which makes the sleep cycle so complicated. I think you really did the right thing for your future health.
 
My knee is good

Hi Shortie, so pleased to hear the good news. Remember all that negativity I generated about needing to know the cause of the problem before going ahead and having something as major as a revision. Well it just goes to prove who was right. My knee on the other hand is very much a disappointment. What was it Del Boy used to say `He who dares.............'.
 
Hi Shortie,
Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday!
Have you started your new job?
 
Shortie.....how wonderful to read your glowing report. I think things are going to continue to get better and better for you!!! Hooray!
 
Thanks everyone - I had a great birthday - I started the day with an on and off road 6.5 mile bike ride and I also I did this - I hope the video loads!



It was such fun!!

My new job starts on Monday 2nd February (not long now!)

I have been so busy - which is both good as it means I can be busy but it is also really quite tiring but great to go to bed at night and sleep it is this sleep which I am so greatful for - I am so glad I persevered thanks to the support on BoneSmart.

Shortie xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom