Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Hi Shortie--sorry you have to have a revision, but glad you will have an experienced surgeon. Bummer that you will have to wait due to the infusion, but like you said better to wait and have your ducks in a row with the OS :console2:
 
So My TKR is 4 today - with what’s going on with it I don’t like its chances of getting to 5 !

Have a great Sunday everyone

Shortie xx
 
@Shortie, I too have gaps in my tibial plate that shows loosening. My original OS and his partner that does revisions do not seem worried about the gap part. I don't understand their reasoning on being OK with the gaps!
 
@Cementless - I’m waiting for my OS appt on 7th September so will see what they have to say.

I have an oxinium implant so will also be interesting if any comments re allergies are made as I’ve never had allergy testing as such just allergic to metal things (jeans buttons, my glasses and any non gold or silver jewellery).

Also interested in what they say about my X-rays!

I’ve been following your thread too to see how you get on.

Shortie xx
 
@Shortie, I assume your implant has cement? The OS revision Dr I saw on the 8th said all the Oxinium cementless implants since 2011 have been recalled. I am not sure about the ones with cement. He said, he could/would not use the Oxinium implant. I have been told that the next revision OS I see on the 14th also uses the Oxinium implant. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.
 
@Cementless yes I am cemented! I have no idea what the OS will say at the appointment, I will be interested in his approach / plan and questions. Because I have now had my Rituxumab infusion I am actually a bit more relaxed as I know I have a wait at lease 5-6 months before anything would be done anyway.

Shortie x
 
I saw on the 8th said all the oxinium cementless implants since 2011 have been recalled.
@Cementless do you have a link to where you saw this? It's a fact that around 95% of recalls are not about issues with the device but about quality control issues such as incorrect labelling, poor sealing and failed sterilization processes.
 
Hi @Josephine I would be really greatful if you could let me know your opinion of my X-rays.
The report says “increased latency anterior aspect underneath the tibial tray indicative of loosening. Further lutencies noted medically and laterally underneath tibial tray at the cement bone interface”

[Bonesmart.org] Loosening, RA  ?Second Revision


[Bonesmart.org] Loosening, RA  ?Second Revision


Just not sure what that actually means and how bad it is - I know functionally it is very painful and feels unstable and my GP gave the impression it really wasn’t good news! Seeing OS 7th Sept

Thanks

Shortie x
 
@Josephine,
The first revision OS I saw on Aug. 8th, said "all the oxinium cementless implants since 2011 have been recalled".
@Cementless do you have a link to where you saw this? It's a fact that around 95% of recalls are not about issues with the device but about quality control issues such as incorrect labelling, poor sealing and failed sterilization processes. @Josephine, while I was in the exam room, the revision OS took out his cell phone and called someone (my guess is an oxinium detail person/company or the PA that works with him in the OR) to verify this information.
It is only for the cementless implants. I have no link. Sorry.
 
increased lucency anterior aspect underneath the tibial tray indicative of loosening. Further lucencies noted medically and laterally underneath tibial tray at the cement bone interface
Lucency means there is a gap or fading of the bone substance where there shouldn't be. IE loosening.
The first revision OS I saw on Aug. 8th, said "all the oxinium cementless implants since 2011 have been recalled".
News to me
 
Thank you - I can’t decide if i am relived X-rays show losening as the symptoms suggest it or if I am a bit devastated that after TKR in 2013 and revision in 2014.

But I will carry on regardless - like I say with my RA I prefer to LIVE with it than suffer with it.

Thanks again @Josephine

Shortie x
 
Hi Everyone, I’ve seen Orthos and the verdict is....

'There is nothing to be done surgically which could have any guarantee of improving knee. Post in tibia is stable.'

Due to my RA it is likely to be that making pain worse. Advice is I have to learn not to over do it! Referring to physio (and loose weight but I knew that and have lost over a stone since March).
Review in 6 months.

Oh and I’ve decided I’m a Darlek as I have major issues with stairs!

Shortie x
 
Shortie,
Congratulations on the weight loss! Hopefully learning to pace yourself with RA will help. PT should be able to help you with your activity levels.
Thanks for the update.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom