Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Great report, great attitude!
Glad to hear you are doing well, and are not going to rush back to work.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@Shortie that knee scar looks great x x x your positivity is infectious x x x thank you for sharing this, It has put my mind at rest about them going back through my scar in September. Well done and congratulations Shortie x x x x
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
I am even considering if my knee once recovered doesn't like my job (12.5 hour shifts!) then I will change my job,

Hi Shortie, Your attitude has helped get you threw this. At some stage I will probably have to have my right knee done. I just hope I can harness my attitude to work for me rather than against me.

I am sure a lot of people will take heart from reading your thread. Carol
 
Luckily I'm still reporting good news - things are going well which I am so relieved about.

I am still sleeping well which is REALLY helps it is the best I have slept I months and months.

Today I woke up had a bathroom visit and meds, went back to bed for a bit more of a snooze. Woke up again and did my gentle physio exercises, had a shower, rested, elevated.

We then went out for lunch and had a lovely time knee was remarkably good the chair was slightly too high for me (well I am short!) so I rested my foot on my crutch which I laid on the floor under the table!

We got home and I went for a very little walk, rested, elevated had a little sleep!

I have since then mostly rested did a bit of skateboarding (- yes skateboarding!!****) and now just icing and elevating until bed time!

*** MY skateboarding... I sit on my living room table put each foot on each of my childrens skateboards which are on hype floor and gently move my feet forward and backwards, no stain, no weight bearing just gently moving knee bending and straightening and tonight my knee I think went past 90 HURRAH!!!! (Difficult to see myself) which is amazing considering that since September I've not managed to bend it past 80!

So a good day - fingers crossed I'm not in the ODIC tomorrow but I'm hopeful I'm not as I don't feel like I have overdone it in any way!

I hope everyone else has had a good day.

Shortie x
 
Great report, follow the mantra and you will be fine tomorrow. :elevate:
I love that you are skate boarding:surfer:, now that is a vision that would be enough to scare your surgeon:yikes:. No worries we know what you mean:heehee:.
 
@kneeper that was very funny x x x x catch you soon. I hope you are ok. I'm off to Wales with hubby and grandkids for a week. Signal is intermittent up there and I have to poach the wifi off the next site. Will do my best to stay in touch.

I do hope you are recovering well

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Shortie
:wowspring:I'm impressed 90 already you must be pleased. I'm at 95 and still improving which isn't bad f.or me since my leg didn't bend at all for over 6 months.
 
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh all my P words are the wrong ones today!

I am all out of Patience!

I am being Petulant.

I am Peeved.

I am pooped.

Other than that everything is going well! Despite all this I am following BS mantra and ways and knee is behaving. Lol I am absolutely fine really just got that "I want it mended NOW" syndrome! However I will give myself a talking to and be fine in a bit!!

Shortie x
 
I just had that whine with myself. Why did I bother if I'm not any better than I was before. Blah blah blah.
 
One of those :gaah: days, huh? :console2:
 
I'm really really scared!!!!

But all is good!!!

Everything is going really well and I am scared mostly of myself doing too much and so I am (very un-characteristically) actually being very good and NOT doing too much! I think being scared of overdoing it is good as it is keeping me grounded!

The PT guy came yesterday and is happy that I am doing as I should be, he is happy with all the BS mantra and I told him about BS.

I have been on my exercise bike today and I stuck to 5 mins of gentle rocking, this time round I have put the seat where it should be for my (lack of) height. Last time round I put the seat much higher just so I could get full rotations but had to wobble / lean big time to keep foot on pedal at the bottom which was in retrospect really bad form and as such a false economy so to speak! So rocking back and forwards went well (says to self "I will not over do it!" "I will not overdo it!") I have the TKR activity progression page saved to my book marks and 'remind' myself of where I should be

I have made one big mistake this week my meds! On Tuesday evening I decided (stoopidly!) that as I have been sleeping quite well I could reduce my night time dose of OxyContin - ohhhhhh my knee was not ready for that!! Lol lesson learned back up to normal dose - even though I SHOULD have known that at two weeks post op I would not be ready!

I think that having a more relaxed attitude to the time it takes to recover and concentrating on quality of recovery is helping me not be too impatient (mostly!).

I hope everyone else is OK.

Shortie x
 
Shortie,
Sounds like you are doing well for 2 weeks. Take it easy, take it slow, and the long run outcome will be much better. Dutto posted in someones thread about two neighbors with TKR. Here is a link to his post, it is post #17.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/here-i-am-exactly-3-weeks-post-op.26096/#post-663972

You are right good form is important. I am short like you, and we need more ROM to go around that most people.
I am going to have a shorter crank on put on my bike when I am able to ride again.
The tortoise wins the race. And a Japanese saying Slow, Slow, Fast, or Fast, Fast, Slow.
 
Thanks @Pumpkln I have too looked at shorter cranks but I have decided I am going further than that when I can ride a bike again properly I am treating myself not just to new cranks but to a new bike too! Thanks for Duttos thread too x

Shortie x
 
Like Pumpkin said above....slow slow slow.....

An old auto racing driver I would watch said it best......"sometimes you have to go slow in order to go fast"........

:snork:
 
Yesterday was a good knee day.

The night was a good knee night but could I sleep nooooooooooooooo! I was well medicated and comfortable in bed but last night my brain would not shut up!! Lol and it wasn't anything knee related - OMG I've just realised there is more to my life than just my knee - hurray! So although I am tired (I will book in a nap later!) and had very little sleep there is a little glimpse that I am getting my life back!

I hope everyone has a good day.

Shortie x
 
@Shortie, a truly magic moment when you realise that there is more to life than just your knee - I know, been there. Spirits are truly lifted and your outlook on life changes to what it should be. I'm happy for you, continue on the road to recovery but don't rush it, slowly, slowly does it. Take care.
 
@Shortie
It's great to see such good progress reports! :yes!:

Keep it up. Be kind to yourself and kind to your knee.
 
Back
Top Bottom