Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Hi Shortie - I will have my second knee done in September. For me the Donjoy Ice machine is so worth it. Can you look on Amazon or EBay in UK?
 
I have the Breg ice machine works great. And you do not have to go to the freezer each time you want to ice.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks @Jozilla and @Pumpkln I've had a quick look online I will look some more after my pre-op!

I'm a bit nervous about my pre-op I see no reason why it shouldn't all be OK but there is always the what if and I really want op put back as I am mentally ready for next week. I really should be less of a worrier but I guess it's one of my "quirks"!

I also need to re read lots on here, I have been popping in to the pre-op area of the forum but haven't put myself in the August Hot Shots as I didn't feel it fair on those first timers to see a revision as it may make them worry!

Right better go pee in a pot (to take to appointment) and get myself ready for my pre-op.

Have a good day Everyone

Shortie x
 
I understand your worry! That's me too so I just don't talk about it much. It is helpful to read about revision recoveries too so I am hoping you do write post op. I read pre and post tkr before my surgery. It helped me know what could happen! I don't have my date yet but hoping for mid September!
 
Oh I have missed BS I haven't been able to get on for days!

Hello Everyone!

Well I have finished work now before my revision op and I actually got a bit emotional as I left I think it is just reality kicking in! To be honest I am starting to get a little nervous no specific reason really not worried about anything g specific (other than. Having major surgery in 4 days time! Lol).

I think everything is sorted, kids, house etc. ready just a bit of washing to do tomorrow which in some ways I wish I still had loads to do to take my mine off it.

I have some catching up with reading now BS is working for me again.

Shortie x
 
Hi Shortie,
Wishing you all the best for your surgery next week.
Seems like your date has come up fast.
Take good care and rest up for next week.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
OMG it's tomorrow! I've not been able to get on BS at all lately or if I do I can only read something! But it seems to be OK at the moment - phew I need you BS!

I'm all ready guinea pigs cleaned out, washing and ironing done, mostly packed for tomorrow, all the kids stuff sorted it just my nerves I've got to sort out (but I don't hold out much hope for that!)

So I have to be at the hospital for 7am I'm sure once I'm there I will be fine it's just sleeping tonight which is never good but with my little brain going into overdrive as we as my knee who knows! I have my pre-op drinks to have tonight and very first thing.

I am hoping for a spinal anaesthetic with no sedation so I can really enjoy a few hours of being pain free in between pre op pain and post op pain lol!

If BS is working for me later I will probably ramble some more if not see you all on revision day!

Shortie x
 
@Shortie, I'm having trouble getting on the site most of the time but I wanted to send my best wishes for tomorrow. I'll catch up on your thread when I can.
 
Well I've drunk all my pre op drinks. I've packed my bags so I am off! See you all on the "other side"!

Shortie x
 
Just noticed you are online. I've managed to get on the site OK this morning. I guess you are waiting at the hospital for the op. Sending you my best wishes and hope you don't have to wait much longer.
 
All done

I ended up with a general anaesthetic as the anethetist said a spinal might not last long enough for a revision.

I've got a drain in which is really cool as I drained approx 400mls and the Derain filters it then they turned it upside down ant gave me back my own blood I had last!

I am on a OxyContin PCA which is working well in conjunction with the anti emetics. But please note the drugs I'm having when reading this as it might all be rubbish!

My implants are;

Smith & Nephew

Size 3 Genesis II left non-porous tibial baseplate

Size 4 Posterior stabilised Genesis II oxinium femoral component

Size 3-4 11mm genesis II posterior stabilised articular insert

Oops eyes getting heavy - OK I admit it I dozed off while typing so bye for now but will be back!

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Shortie x
 
Thank you x

Please could someone with the power to do so change my purple TKR thingy to a yellow revision thingy thank you x

Shortie x
 
I have let the Moderators know you would like your TKR changed to Revision.
Take care,
 
Back
Top Bottom